We WEREN'T the "Castle Family", we DIDN'T get to be GRAND MARSHALLS,...

Kimmar--I got really excited when I saw your reference to Loew's in Oneonta. ( I'm there often--we own a fixer-upper!) Is your exit reference off of I-88? If so, I live at exit 9 and work at exit 12!!!!

Kimmar--I got really excited when I saw your reference to Loew's in Oneonta. ( I'm there often--we own a fixer-upper!) Is your exit reference off of I-88? If so, I live at exit 9 and work at exit 12!!!!

...yup - we have a 'rental' in Schenevus (the cutest lil' 2BR, 20 minutes away from Cooperstown!) and 51 acres in Pittsfield, with a cabin that my DH, my DB-in-L, and my 2 older DS's built....

We're going to be heading to that area in late May! DH's family is from Oneonta - grandparents live near Mt. Vision area. :)

Subbing!!

"I feel a Disney MIRACLE coming on...."

....so now that my Mom has arrived and we've already celebrated Thanksgiving, I have to figure out how we are going to actually GET to WDW. I am dead set against driving - namely, because a), we don't have the Navi any more, b), it's just too long a ride for a relatively short vaca, and c) it's not necessarily cost-effective. PLUS, I just don't wanna.....:rolleyes1

With three weeks to go, I still don't have our park passes, ADR's, OR who exactly will be going on this soiree`. Of course, I've already mentioned that my DS's are to the point that they don't want to go to WDW unless accompanied by a friend [in case I DIDN'T previously mention it, I'm mentioning it NOW...:teeth: ]. My DS, Dylan, had already asked his friend, David, to come along - it was okay'ed by his parents. My other DS Jesse, on the other hand, was still scrambling for an 'accomplice'....

ME: "....sooo, is Brad exited about going to Florida?"
JESSE: ".....uhhhh, he says that he can't go now, since he is paying for next semester's tuition."
ME: "...and you were gonna tell me this WHEN....??!?!?"
JESSE: "....well, I already asked Nick if he wants to go...."
ME: "and...??"
JESSE: "HE doesn't want to go either!"
ME: "...he knows that his room [and probably] his food will be paid for??"
JESSE: "...yeah, but he still doesn't wanna go..."
ME: "...well, how about Erick??"
JESSE: "Nope, he doesn't want to go....."
ME: "Did you ask Ryan??"
JESSE: "...I don't TALK to Ryan..."

[...am I MISSING something here????]

"Houston, we have a problem...." Since, essentially, my DS is now NOT going to be joining us at WDW, my DH says that HE doesn't want to go either, because it's during the holidays. He was already perturbed that my oldest DS, Todd wasn't going (the one with the 'pierced girlfriend'....). My guess was that he didn't trust him, or that perhaps he really wanted Jesse along too. I told my DH, "Hey, when YOU were 19 did YOU want to spend time on vacation with YOUR parents??" He didn't even have to answer - I already knew what he was thinking. I reassured him that his DSis lives right next door and that my DM-in-L lives only a few blocks away from us. That, and the fact that he DID have to work; he could spend Christmas Day at my DS-in-Law's house, since she was cooking and having a small group of relatives there anyway.

Two weeks to go and I STILL haven't packed, nor have I really done any Christmas shopping. That weekend, I really DID perform a 'shop-till-you-drop' extravaganza - literally purchasing everything in sight. Truth be told, I bought all the presents for those people that I wasn't going to see, namely, everyone other than my two DSs. That's when it happened....I arrived home, put all the gifts on my BD floor, and began wrapping them at blazing speed. An hour later and cramped legs, I decided that I simply HAD to take a break. I sat at my PC desk and decided to check my emails. That's when I saw it! It was a 24-hr deal from Spirit Air for airfare advertised at $89 each way!! Holy Boeing 727, Batman, am I reading that right?? Eighty-nine dollars per person DURING CHRISTMAS WEEK?? ( ...can YOU say "Christmas Pixie Dust"?? )I immediately called downstairs to my DH and told him, I repeat, TOLD HIM, that I was booking the airfare - no questions asked. I should have realized that something was afoot when he didn't resist....

You know when you are in a rush to get a gift or an outfit at the nearest mall, you are really pressed for time and your wallet is "on the thin side", so you get into your car, miss ALL the local traffic and get the closest parking space right next to the mall entrance [you're gettin' those 'good vibes'], only to find that oh-so-special ensemble marked 70% off isn't available in your size, the last Waterford vase that you KNOW will make a darling gift has a tiny crack in it, and you get to your car and the rear passenger tire has a flat?? Well, this was one of those times.....

A smile on my face as wide as the mighty Mississip', copy of the email confirmation in one hand and my ON-FIRE Visa card in the other, I descended the stairs victorious as one of those folks on the latest E-Bay commercials only to have my DH 'sharp-shoot' me down. Ya know, just when you think you've got him all figured out......ARRRGGGGHHHH!!! "Cancel Jesse's room, and, I probably am not gonna go..."

[...next installment - Post #63]

Two weeks to go and I STILL haven't packed, nor have I really done any Christmas shopping. That weekend, I really DID perform a 'shop-till-you-drop' extravaganza - literally purchasing everything in sight. Truth be told, I bought all the presents for those people that I wasn't going to see, namely, everyone other than my two DSs. That's when it happened....I arrived home, put all the gifts on my BD floor, and began wrapping them at blazing speed. An hour later and cramped legs, I decided that I simply HAD to take a break. I sat at my PC desk and decided to check my emails. That's when I saw it! It was a 24-hr deal from Spirit Air for airfare advertised at $89 each way!! Holy Boeing 727, Batman, am I reading that right?? Eighty-nine dollars per person DURING CHRISTMAS WEEK?? I immediately called downstairs to my DH and told him, I repeat, TOLD HIM, that I was booking the airfare - no questions asked. I should have realized that something was afoot when he didn't resist....

Ok I would have been in full-panic-need-to-be-sedated mode at this point :scared: I need everything planned out and way ahead!

And can I just say that next time your son's friends don't want to come, I'm available to join your family at WDW ;) :teeth:

Ha ha ha! Perfect! I love Disney commercials -- I always tear up when I see one!

The newest one with the little boy signing to his grandfather about his trip and then asking him to come with them the next time always makes me cry. :sad2:

Ok I would have been in full-panic-need-to-be-sedated mode at this point :scared: I need everything planned out and way ahead!

And can I just say that next time your son's friends don't want to come, I'm available to join your family at WDW ;) :teeth:

me too!! Doesn't mom need a friend too:confused3

Kimmar--I got really excited when I saw your reference to Lowe's in Oneonta. ( I'm there often--we own a fixer-upper!) Is your exit reference off of I-88? If so, I live at exit 9 and work at exit 12!!!!
...yup - we have a 'rental' in Schenevus (the cutest lil' 2BR, 20 minutes away from Cooperstown!) and 51 acres in Pittsfield, with a cabin that my DH, my DB-in-L, and my 2 older DS's built....
We're going to be heading to that area in late May! DH's family is from Oneonta - grandparents live near Mt. Vision area. :)

Ok, four DISers who mention Oneonta offically makes a club:grouphug: . I say we all meet at Brooks House of B-B-Q:goodvibes

My DW just looked over and said "Four people with ties to Oneonta obsessing about WDW in early March...no surprise there.":lmao:

Ok, four DISers who mention Oneonta offically makes a club:grouphug: . I say we all meet at Brooks House of B-B-Q:goodvibes

My DW just looked over and said "Four people with ties to Oneonta obsessing about WDW in early March...no surprise there.":lmao:

That is too funny! I've never eaten at Brooks, but my father-in-law had some BBQ sauce shipped to us! Pretty tasty stuff. My parents loved it so much, they ordered some online. The area around Oneonta is so pretty - I'm really looking forward to our drive out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter