We were trying to find the Magic!!!

Feelslikeadream

To see through the eyes of a child....this is the
We were trying to find the magic!!!! (LONG)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, what a week. My 2 yr daughter,soon to be 3 and I just arrived home from spending 6 days in the hospital. She was extremely sick with an infection in her throat.
It all started Easter Sunday when she was complaining of a sore neck and spiked a high fever, the next morning I knew things were not right, when the Tyelnol wasn't doing a thing. So I took her to see our family doctor,we were there 5 min, they said to take her directly to the hospital for tests. So arriving at University Hospital, they ran some blood work, and did a CAT scan. She was such a trooper,as sick and as scared as she was, she coroporated perfectly for the test, the MD was convinced they were going to have to sedate her for an accurate reading. After the test the entire staff at the nurses station cheered for her. So, waiting patienty for the results she just cried and slept. The results arrived, she had some kind of absess in her neck,(strongly considering surgery) her blood work came back with a white blood cell count of 32,000 (normal is 11,000). The admitting papers were signed and up to the peds floor we went. I made her a promise earlier that morning, that I wouldn't leave her side. I told her when she could go home ,Mommy will go home. The evening was filled with so many questions, and not enough MD's to answer them. Around, 9:00 pm the nurse checked her IV realizing it had infused,(was not in her vein)Jenna was so upset and scared that when I was holding her she wet her pants,then she cried even harder baecause she thought she had an accident in her pants. .Here we go again!!!!! UUUGGGHHHH!!!! So the IV was replaced by a not so experienced nurse, it seemed like it took 3 years. Finally we could try to sleep. Her blood work came back the next morning now her white count was 36,000!!! Why, is this happening ,she has been on IV antibotics since Monday morning.The MDs came in that morning and explained to me, that the location of the absyss was directly next to her skull, operating will be risky an difficult. Their decision was to give the anti-biotics a chance to work. If not, surgery would be the only solution. So all we could do was pray!!!! The love and support from family and friends was great!! Wating was the hardest part, everyday she did not seem to be getting any better. I was so confused and overwelmed with the fright of surgery. So the next 4 days were very long. Barely any sleep, and crying when she was sleeping. When the days and nights were at their longest I would catch myself gazing and dreaming about our upcoming trip to "THE WORLD" in November. I would try yo feel the MAGIC to help with the all of the reality around me. When she had her moments of pain I would hold her and talk about Cinderella and Mickey,how pretty she will be in her dress, and how much fun we will have.She would cry and say I want to go now. Almost every gift and ballon from family and friends was Princess themed, (was not planned) I wonder if the MAGIC was some how coming through. You will try to belive anything to make things better. We just wished upon a lot of stars!!!!!!!!!

So...... we are home!!!!! Exhausted and happy !!! All of prayers were answered!! NO SURGERY!!!! The meds worked and her fever stayed down for 24 hours. She is slowly getting back to her normal beautiful self.She has a little bit of attitude and still wants me to carry her to the potty but we will be alright. Although , with all of the days passed I craved the DIS and looked forward to be home agian. I think I will be needing to see my MD soon .....it seems that I have grown some sort of growth on my hip and on my arms, the doctor in the hospital told me it was very common, it is a Jenna!!!!!!! This will take some time to reduce. But I am OK with it her hugs and smiles,is worth all of it!!!

In conclusion........ NEVER STOP BELIEVING IN THE MAGIC!!!!!!

I am so glad she is doing much better and that surgery wasn't needed! WISHING you continuing good health! :goodvibes

:wizard:
wishing you and yours a speedy recovery - glad Disney and thoughts of it were able to give her a bit of comfort! What a horrendous ordeal! Glad she is :thumbsup2 home and well!

I know how hard it is to have a sick baby in the hospital! I'm glad your DD is better and I hope everything goes well with you. Have a great time in Nov.!

Feelslikeadream said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...... we are home!!!!! Exhausted and happy !!! All of prayers were answered!! NO SURGERY!!!! The meds worked and her fever stayed down for 24 hours. She is slowly getting back to her normal beautiful self.She has a little bit of attitude and still wants me to carry her to the potty but we will be alright. Although , with all of the days passed I craved the DIS and looked forward to be home agian. I think I will be needing to see my MD soon .....it seems that I have grown some sort of growth on my hip and on my arms, the doctor in the hospital told me it was very common, it is a Jenna!!!!!!! This will take some time to reduce. But I am OK with it her hugs and smiles,is worth all of it!!!

God bless you all! It is so hard when you have a sick child and you feel so helpless! Thank goodness that she is going to be well once again. We went through a similar experience with my DD when she was only 3. They thought she had a rare form of leukemia and for 12 agonizing days she went through test after test after test. Finally, they found that she had mono but were cautious as her symptoms were still bordering this rare disease. After two years of constant concern (per her doctors), she is not only healthy but is living a normal childhood life. It's so hard to see them suffer. But, like I said, thank goodness your dd is well. Yeah for you! :wizard: And yeah for the Disney "magic" that helps us all "believe" when times are rough. :love:

What a relief that she did not need surgery! Continued "Magic" and good health. Don't worry, you will lose that growth on your hip once you hit the World for sure!!! pixiedust:

Bless her,how awful for all of you.So pleased that she going to be OK. Sending you lots of pixie dust for good health :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Happy to hear she is better! Just keep praying for good health and dreaming of the magic!

:goodvibes
What a story, it made me cry. You're poor little princess. Glad to hear she is better! Best wishes for a speedy recovery :)

Feelslikeadream said:

Well, what a week. My 2 yr daughter,soon to be 3 and I just arrived home from spending 6 days in the hospital. She was extremely sick with an infection in her throat.
It all started Easter Sunday when she was complaining of a sore neck and spiked a high fever, the next morning I knew things were not right, when the Tyelnol wasn't doing a thing. So I took her to see our family doctor,we were there 5 min, they said to take her directly to the hospital for tests. So arriving at University Hospital, they ran some blood work, and did a CAT scan. She was such a trooper,as sick and as scared as she was, she coroporated perfectly for the test, the MD was convinced they were going to have to sedate her for an accurate reading. After the test the entire staff at the nurses station cheered for her. So, waiting patienty for the results she just cried and slept. The results arrived, she had some kind of absess in her neck,(strongly considering surgery) her blood work came back with a white blood cell count of 32,000 (normal is 11,000). The admitting papers were signed and up to the peds floor we went. I made her a promise earlier that morning, that I wouldn't leave her side. I told her when she could go home ,Mommy will go home. The evening was filled with so many questions, and not enough MD's to answer them. Around, 9:00 pm the nurse checked her IV realizing it had infused,(was not in her vein)Jenna was so upset and scared that when I was holding her she wet her pants,then she cried even harder baecause she thought she had an accident in her pants. .Here we go again!!!!! UUUGGGHHHH!!!! So the IV was replaced by a not so experienced nurse, it seemed like it took 3 years. Finally we could try to sleep. Her blood work came back the next morning now her white count was 36,000!!! Why, is this happening ,she has been on IV antibotics since Monday morning.The MDs came in that morning and explained to me, that the location of the absyss was directly next to her skull, operating will be risky an difficult. Their decision was to give the anti-biotics a chance to work. If not, surgery would be the only solution. So all we could do was pray!!!! The love and support from family and friends was great!! Wating was the hardest part, everyday she did not seem to be getting any better. I was so confused and overwelmed with the fright of surgery. So the next 4 days were very long. Barely any sleep, and crying when she was sleeping. When the days and nights were at their longest I would catch myself gazing and dreaming about our upcoming trip to "THE WORLD" in November. I would try yo feel the MAGIC to help with the all of the reality around me. When she had her moments of pain I would hold her and talk about Cinderella and Mickey,how pretty she will be in her dress, and how much fun we will have.She would cry and say I want to go now. Almost every gift and ballon from family and friends was Princess themed, (was not planned) I wonder if the MAGIC was some how coming through. You will try to belive anything to make things better. We just wished upon a lot of stars!!!!!!!!!

my haert goes out to you god Bless your baby. Thank you Jesus she is ok.

Oh my goodness! I am so glad your little princess: is home and doing well! I wish you both the best and a magical trip come November! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter