We Were Soldiers

UKSHAMU

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone ! :) :)

Has anyone seen "We Were Soldiers" with Mel Gibson - if so what is the verdict - is it worth a vistit to the local Multiplex ?

Have a good weekend !;)

/John

........... John, I've heard one or two poor reviews for this movie I'm afraid. (It's about the first battle in Vietnam isn't it?)..........in fact, I heard a criticon the radio slamming it within the last hour :( Still, that's not enough to go on, you'll need more feedback to know if it was just not his kind of film. Why not ask on the US CB? It will have been out longer in USA.

Daily Mail said it was pants i'm afraid. 'Another glorification of the US army' or something like that. However Heat magazine gave it 5 stars!!

I suppose it depends on your point of view.

Interesting topic. I haven't seen it yet. I'm afraid that I'll sit and cry for about 3 hours. And for days after. It has gotten good reviews from those who were 'involved' in the conflict. I thought Platoon was a load of garbage. I loved Apocolypse Now, probably because it was so surreal, just like the real thing. I guess it's one of those movies where you had to be there, and wouldn't understand if you weren't. Maybe get me good and drunk sometime, and I'll go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter