• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Went to See Mic-key M-o-u-s-e ... Again! - Sept '12 TR [COMPLETE]

Oohhhhh Man! That really sucks about your ankle! I hope it's ALL better by the time you leave for your trip... Just tell your husband he has to carry you over his shoulder the whole trip... Good luck my friend!

:laughing: I'll mention it to him and see what he thinks! :lmao:

Unfortunately, it won't be all better by the trip. :sad1: I'm going to do a quick update in the next post. Thanks for the good wishes - please keep sending pixie dust!

Well my friends ... I went to my regular doctor today because my foot isn't feeling any better. They squeezed me in at the end of the day. The doctor said it's probably a Level 3 sprain. He insisted - no ifs, ands or buts about it - I have to see an orthopedist ... TOMORROW. In fact, he asked if I had trip insurance because he said he'd rather I not try to walk at all and if it were up to him, we wouldn't be going to Disney. Unfortunately, we do not. :headache:

He feels sure they will at minimum put me in an air cast; more likely, a traditional cast. :crazy2: He thinks something's going on with the Achilles tendon because I have no range of motion in my foot or toes and pain in that area of my heel. My foot is swollen and bruised everywhere.

No more walking without the crutches, period. He insists on the ECV for Disney, cast or no cast, period.

Please send pixie dust my way!! I need it!! I'm begging for it!! I'd love some pixie dust from you lurkers, too! :teeth:

I'll update tomorrow after my appointment.

Well my friends ... I went to my regular doctor today because my foot isn't feeling any better. They squeezed me in at the end of the day. The doctor said it's probably a Level 3 sprain. He insisted - no ifs, ands or buts about it - I have to see an orthopedist ... TOMORROW. In fact, he asked if I had trip insurance because he said he'd rather I not try to walk at all and if it were up to him, we wouldn't be going to Disney. Unfortunately, we do not. :headache:

He feels sure they will at minimum put me in an air cast; more likely, a traditional cast. :crazy2: He thinks something's going on with the Achilles tendon because I have no range of motion in my foot or toes and pain in that area of my heel. My foot is swollen and bruised everywhere.

No more walking without the crutches, period. He insists on the ECV for Disney, cast or no cast, period.

Please send pixie dust my way!! I need it!! I'm begging for it!! I'd love some pixie dust from you lurkers, too! :teeth:

Level 3 sprain? Ouch!!

*hugs* I knew that wasn't what you want to hear. I feel absolutely terrible for you!

I can't believe that the darn ER doctor said that you would be better after three days. That's just crazy stupid. I wonder if he was new or something.. :confused3

I feel so bad for you! Sending you lots and lots of pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Ugh, that's awful! Good luck at your appt!

Here's a bunch of pixie dust for youpixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

And some flowers too:flower3:

Sending you so much pixie dust!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Please let us know how your appointment goes - I guess Disney on an EVC is better than no Disney at all, but that really is a bummer :( Like mxkris said, at least you shouldn't have any problems actually *riding* the rides.

My Bearcats actually won their game, but I am one of those crazed sports fans who gets up and yells at the refs, jumps up and down, screams, etc. DH thinks I'm crazy, but I have fun! :teeth:

My dad and brother are like that. When my sister was trying to describe to me how mellow one of my brother's cats is, she said, "He sits beside Dave while Dave's watching TV -- even when Dave's watching football." :thumbsup2

:sad1:

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

There's a mini-shower of pixiedust for you, and some good wishes, too. :)

Level 3 sprain? Ouch!!

*hugs* I knew that wasn't what you want to hear. I feel absolutely terrible for you!

I can't believe that the darn ER doctor said that you would be better after three days. That's just crazy stupid. I wonder if he was new or something.. :confused3

I feel so bad for you! Sending you lots and lots of pixiedust:

Thank you! Not sure what was up with the ER doctor. I'm sure he gave his best assessment, though, given I was in there less than an hour after it happened (at least I think it was less than an hour LOL). Not much to see for him really, no bruising, etc. He probably thought I would be okay.

Ugh, that's awful! Good luck at your appt!

Here's a bunch of pixie dust for you pixiedust:

And some flowers too:flower3:

Thank you for the pixiedust and the flower!

Sending you so much pixie dust!! pixiedust:

Please let us know how your appointment goes - I guess Disney on an EVC is better than no Disney at all, but that really is a bummer :( Like mxkris said, at least you shouldn't have any problems actually *riding* the rides.

Exactly - I'd rather be on an ECV than not go at all. I so feel for mxkris and her situation with her back. I sure hope she is feeling better by Saturday.

My dad and brother are like that. When my sister was trying to describe to me how mellow one of my brother's cats is, she said, "He sits beside Dave while Dave's watching TV -- even when Dave's watching football." :thumbsup2

:sad1:
pixiedust:

There's a mini-shower of pixiedust for you, and some good wishes, too. :)

:lmao: Our dogs would always run for the downstairs when I would start yelling at the TV. Poor things - I guess they thought they were in trouble! The cat we used to have would sleep through anything, including my NFL-induced craziness. :teeth:

Thanks for the pixiedust and good wishes!

Thank you!

How did you appointment go today??:)

I'm getting ready to post an update right now. :teeth:

The verdict is in ... I have a Grade 2 sprain of my ankle. The orthopedist feels sure I rolled it somehow. He gave all the long names for the tendons around my ankle and said they were all pulled out of whack.

They tried to put me in an aircast, but the ones they had were either too tight around my calf or they put waaaaay too much pressure on my ankle. :crazy2:

Very long story short, I'm in a regular walking cast. HOWEVER, being the good little DISer that I am ... I GOT IT IN LIME GREEN! :teeth:

Took a photo of it, but can't find the book with my Photobucket password in it, so it will have to wait. :p

The orthopedist said I can do short walks on the cast, but I will need an ECV at Disney for sure. He said if I want to stand in very short lines, I'm allowed - otherwise, he wants it iced and elevated as much as possible when I'm not at the parks. :crazy2: I'm hoping to be walking well enough to be able to attempt mini-golf, but we'll have to wait and see. I go back two weeks after our trip so he can remove the cast and evaluate the ankle.

So there you have it! Thanks to everyone who sent me well wishes publicly and privately - I appreciate it! :thanks:

*hugs*

I'm glad it's not as bad as it could have been! Yay for the lime green cast!! That's so cool!! LOL!!

I can't wait to see the cast!! LOL!!

I'm glad that you can do short walks and the ECV will make it much, much easier.

DH told me that they will usually board you first on the airplane. Because they want you to be safe when everyone else boards. I'm not sure if it's true, but it sounds plausible.

The verdict is in ... I have a Grade 2 sprain of my ankle. The orthopedist feels sure I rolled it somehow. He gave all the long names for the tendons around my ankle and said they were all pulled out of whack.

They tried to put me in an aircast, but the ones they had were either too tight around my calf or they put waaaaay too much pressure on my ankle. :crazy2:

Very long story short, I'm in a regular walking cast. HOWEVER, being the good little DISer that I am ... I GOT IT IN LIME GREEN! :teeth:

Took a photo of it, but can't find the book with my Photobucket password in it, so it will have to wait. :p

The orthopedist said I can do short walks on the cast, but I will need an ECV at Disney for sure. He said if I want to stand in very short lines, I'm allowed - otherwise, he wants it iced and elevated as much as possible when I'm not at the parks. :crazy2: I'm hoping to be walking well enough to be able to attempt mini-golf, but we'll have to wait and see. I go back two weeks after our trip so he can remove the cast and evaluate the ankle.

So there you have it! Thanks to everyone who sent me well wishes publicly and privately - I appreciate it! :thanks:

So sorry that you had to end up in cast, but a big :thumbsup2 on the lime green!!! My Vera Bradley hipster for this trip is in the Lime's Up pattern....love it! Anyways....I hope that you recover quickly and that you're still able to enjoy your trip.

:hug: Oh no I just read all about your foot. Disney is magical no matter what I am sure you will have a blast. At least the cast is lime green ;).

Way to go with the lime green:cool1:

That really stinks that you will need the ECV, but like others have said, you'll be forced to slow down and enjoy the sights more. Either way, you're still going to Disney:dance3: Crowds should be low so that will make navigating a little easier. I'd definitely be practicing though:rolleyes1

Just stay upbeat and enjoy your trip, it will still be great, just a little different:hug:

:hug:

Love the lime! Everything will still be great...just a bit slower! You guys will still have a great time.

Just think now you get some great character signatures on the cast!:thumbsup2 Make sure you have a good black sharpie!

:lmao: Our dogs would always run for the downstairs when I would start yelling at the TV.

When our basenji got old and cranky, mom used to wrap her up in "her blanket" on "her chair" in the family room, and pretty much nothing would get her out of that. We'd have to pry her out and drag her off if we had enough guests to be wanting that chair. :rolleyes2 She'd sit through most football games, but if it was a really important one and my dad and brother got really loud, she'd finally haul herself up the stairs and glare at my mother until mom went down and got the blanket and got the dog all settled in their bed. :p

The orthopedist said I can do short walks on the cast, but I will need an ECV at Disney for sure.

Well, that's a bummer, but I guess it'll be an opportunity to "slow down and smell the roses" (and maybe take a break in that little pavilion by the rose garden with a Dole whip ;) ). Seconding the recommendation that you practice before going, and hoping the crowds are light for you. Sending you some goodvibes and pixie dust!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

*hugs*

I'm glad it's not as bad as it could have been! Yay for the lime green cast!! That's so cool!! LOL!!

I can't wait to see the cast!! LOL!!

I'm glad that you can do short walks and the ECV will make it much, much easier.

DH told me that they will usually board you first on the airplane. Because they want you to be safe when everyone else boards. I'm not sure if it's true, but it sounds plausible.

So sorry that you had to end up in cast, but a big :thumbsup2 on the lime green!!! My Vera Bradley hipster for this trip is in the Lime's Up pattern....love it! Anyways....I hope that you recover quickly and that you're still able to enjoy your trip.

Oh no, I guess you guys won't be doing any swimming! But I do love the lime green :thumbsup2

Way to go with the lime green:cool1:

That really stinks that you will need the ECV, but like others have said, you'll be forced to slow down and enjoy the sights more. Either way, you're still going to Disney:dance3: Crowds should be low so that will make navigating a little easier. I'd definitely be practicing though:rolleyes1

Just stay upbeat and enjoy your trip, it will still be great, just a little different:hug:

Love the lime! Everything will still be great...just a bit slower! You guys will still have a great time.

Just think now you get some great character signatures on the cast!:thumbsup2 Make sure you have a good black sharpie!

When our basenji got old and cranky, mom used to wrap her up in "her blanket" on "her chair" in the family room, and pretty much nothing would get her out of that. We'd have to pry her out and drag her off if we had enough guests to be wanting that chair. :rolleyes2 She'd sit through most football games, but if it was a really important one and my dad and brother got really loud, she'd finally haul herself up the stairs and glare at my mother until mom went down and got the blanket and got the dog all settled in their bed. :p

Well, that's a bummer, but I guess it'll be an opportunity to "slow down and smell the roses" (and maybe take a break in that little pavilion by the rose garden with a Dole whip ;) ). Seconding the recommendation that you practice before going, and hoping the crowds are light for you. Sending you some goodvibes and pixie dust!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Well ya'll, I got to keep my cool lime green cast for less than 24 hours. :rolleyes1

I called the doctor this morning to let them know it was rubbing my heel and ankles, and my baby toe was rubbed raw already. They said I had to come in today and get it taken off - with having Diabetes, they couldn't take a chance at getting a blister in there and having it get infected. Soooo ... another trip to the doctor later and I'm now in a decidedly uncool black wraparound athletic support. But hey, at least this way I get to still swim and shower! :thumbsup2

What a crazy experience this has been. :crazy2: I never in a million years would have thought the week before my trip would be like this. Just goes to show you can prepare and prepare, plan and plan, but no matter what you just can't prepare or plan for everything. :upsidedow

Hope the plain black goes better than the Dis green one!

Just goes to show you can prepare and prepare, plan and plan, but no matter what you just can't prepare or plan for everything. :upsidedow

True, but hard for planners to accept. ;) Sorry your trip had to be a reminder of that, but I hope you have a great time anyhow.

What a crazy experience this has been. :crazy2: I never in a million years would have thought the week before my trip would be like this. Just goes to show you can prepare and prepare, plan and plan, but no matter what you just can't prepare or plan for everything. :upsidedow

Maybe that's why my husband never plans anything on our trips. LOL!! :lmao:

Seriously though, I'm glad that they did something about this before your trip. That way you don't have to worry about making an unscheduled trip to the ER in Orlando. Might be interesting in a trip report, but not fun for you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter