• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We went and saw Toy Story this afternoon and

kevschickee

DIS Veteran
it was awsome. There was an extra fee because it was 3d and there was a 10 min intermission between the 2 movies. My 3 year old kept the glasses on but my 2 year old did not but she still watched it. It was a sold out show and you should have seen the line for the next show it was nuts.

We went Friday afternoon at 3:00 and there was only 5 others in there! We got out after 6 and I didn't see a line for the 7:00 show, although I would guess that showing would be busy as the time got closer.

I just looked up show times and ticket prices for TS because I was thinking of going tomorrow. It would be close to $60 for our family to go, and that's not even including anything from the concession stand. It would be neat to see them in 3D, but for us, it's just not worth that much money to see movies we can watch in the comfort of our own home (granted not in 3D) for free because we already own both movies. I'm going to take the money we would have spent and add it to the vacation fund! :thumbsup2

We went tonight for date night. I really enjoyed the movies in 3-D. Loved that the put the bloopers in as well. Big fan of the bloopers!

:offtopic: My only beef...seriously with the people and the text messaging. The theatre was PACKED and there were 3 people around us that kept looking at their phones every 30 seconds. It was really distracting!

Our local AMC theater has special prices on weekend mornings before noon. We are going tomorrow morning and it is $7 each.

ok, those of you with little ones. did they really sit fine for both movies???

DGS is almost 3 and will sit perfectly for one movie but i am not sure that he could do both??

We made a big deal with both these movies when they first came out and DS was little and I would love to take DGS. What do you think?

Do you think there's any chance that they'll extend this beyond the two weeks? DD has strep this weekend and my sister is getting married next weekend.

ok, those of you with little ones. did they really sit fine for both movies???

DGS is almost 3 and will sit perfectly for one movie but i am not sure that he could do both??

We made a big deal with both these movies when they first came out and DS was little and I would love to take DGS. What do you think?

My kids good for the 1st and 1/2 of the 2nd. There were so many kids in there it didn't matter I let them stand up and stretch since we were in the front. Over all they did great. BTW get lots of food lol

ours was pretty empty friday morning about half ful my 2.5 year old kept glasses on 75% of time and seemed to overall enjoy it.

We went yesterday.. The theatre was about 2/3 full.. My 4 year old son watched both with my classes..

MY DD(7) refused to wear the glasses at the end and complained of a slight headache at the end..

We were thinking this would be a good introduction to 3d for our son before our trip to WDW in 2 weeks..

I enjoyed them, but sadly I fell asleep for a part of the first one.. :)

We went Saturday morning and the theater wasn't full at all. My 5 year old did pretty well until the last 20 minutes or so and then he just crawled up onto my lap for the rest. I think he was just getting sleepy more than anything, LOL. Littler kids were definitely getting restless around the theater though.

As for me, as soon as I took the glasses off after the movie, it felt like my brain exploded. I got into the car and had such a bad headache that I felt like I was going to throw up. We went straight to a restaurant and I downed ice cold water and then 4 cups of coffee and started to feel better. I've since heard other people complaining of similar headaches from watching 3d for so long. I do have (glasses corrected) astigmatism, but no other vision issues or vision correction. I don't know if that makes any difference.

We can't wait to see it. We are HUGE Toy Story fans and can't wait for Toy Story III to come out in June. DH and I rarely go to the movies but this is worth it for us. We'll be joining DS this coming week before it closes!:dance3::jumping1:

Went to see it today and it was extremely good! My little cousins went with us and they actually kept their glasses on for most of it and the kids in the theatre only started getting cranky at around 20 minutes until it was over.

We went to see the movies this morning/afternoon and DD3 did great for both of them. She has only seen two movies in the theatre prior to this. She climbed in my lap for a short time during the second one but I think it was due to tiredness. She quickly rejuvenated when an exciting part started again! I thought all the children at the show did great. No headaches for any of us, and DH is prone to them. It is 3D, but it is not the really close up kind, like you find at Disney Philomagic where you want to reach out and touch it. There is a little of this in the previews and the intro but that was it. There was a 10 minute intermission built right into the movie, it displayed the number of minutes left on the screen. I liked this feature! Enough times to potty and stretch a little! We all loved it! Now DD wants a Woody, Jessie and Buzz that she saw at the toy store after!

We are going tomorrow, I am really excited. I am wondering, does it look bad if you don't wear the glasses? I'm worried my kids won't keep them on.

We are going tomorrow, I am really excited. I am wondering, does it look bad if you don't wear the glasses?

I just posted this on a different thread. We went today, and I was hessitant because of the money and that we own them both, but we decided to go and it was AWESOME!!! They did a greaet job of making the whole movie 3D and not just parts. It was worth the money, though it was a lot. We went to the first show of the day so it was $8.50 a person. I figure once in a while you have to splurge. We always wait till movies go to the $.50 theater, but they don't do 3D so we went for it, no regrets...great movies to be done in 3D and done so well.

We are going tomorrow, I am really excited. I am wondering, does it look bad if you don't wear the glasses?

It does not look "bad" but it is a little blurry around the outside edges of the images. The glasses are nice plastic one those, not the cheap plastic ones. DD kept them on 95% of the time. I think it would look fine if they really did not want to keep them on.

I was sooo looking forward to taking dd2 and dd7 to see them. DD2 is a huge fan and so was dd7 at her age. Wouldnt ya know, dd2 has come down with the flu! I am so disapointed not to see it in 3d.

For those who went alone with kids and had no one to "save" your seats, did you get your same seats back after intermission? Also, along with other posters, wondering if this will run longer than 2 weeks? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter