We want the Drama so we're bringing the Mama dec 2011 PTR

BoBippity

Dis Veteran
I'm not sure where to begin...how many newbies start their report like that huh? Anyway, my disney dork of a sister has been going to Disney every year for a long, long...long LONG time. She's been after me to go, but...really? DIsney? At my age?(we won't discuss that) She broke me down. You might know her. TY, Disneyaddicted. She never gave up, she carries the Disney Torch and vowed to me that one day she would get me to go. I secretly hoped if I held out long enough she'd offer to pay for the darn thing. Actually...I think she did one year and ... why didn't I go then? Huh...maybe I'm not the smart one. Anyway, We're going in December. Not a bad time to hit Florida when you live in Detroit and you're up to your armpits in snow. We originally intended for this to be a "sisters" vacation...soon it became obvious that we'd have to bring Mom... Let me introduce you to the "characters"

MOM: she goes by pix and has often claimed herself to be "the elf herself"
Growing up we always had marvelous cakes and cookies and what not in the house. our friends liked our house best and quite a few of them called my mom "mom". I was torn...flattered that they all loved my mom...but sometimes ... I wanted to go to their house. Mom was the one you called when your kid was in the ER and you couldn't stand the sight of blood. Mom Was an army wife...a jack of all trades,she'd wake us up at midnight because it had snowed enough for sledding.... she also spent some time on a mission trip. I believe it was a medical mission, but the group also managed to build a church and MOm was an integral part of the music ministry. NOW... the part that cracks me up...mom can occassionally offend people without realizing it. (mind you if she does realize, she's immediately apologetic as there is not a mean bone in her body) but when she doesn't...OMGoodness! grab some popcorn and have a seat. YOu're in for a rip roaring ride...if you can get past the initial shock and a little embarrassment. example...there was a subdivision yard sale... a buxom woman asked mom if she'd sell a cashmere sweater for 50 cents. (she had it priced at 2 bucks maybe) MOm replied something like...well, it's the first day of the yard sale, and I'd rather not ...if it's still here tomorrow I might be willing to deal. THe woman went on to examine the sweater more closely and seemed to find a small spot (I swear she must have had a 40X microscope implanted in her eye to even see it) and told mom no one would pay more than 50 cents and she should reconsider. Again, mom said, The spot will come out and I'm not selling it for less. The woman went on about yard sales were for bartering etc. finally, mom said (in a nice voice, truly meaning no harm...) I would rather give it to my fat cousin for free then sell it to you for 50 cents. the woman storms out of the driveway and mom looks at me all offended. "Can you believe her nerve?"
I was horrified! and said, "MOM! you just called that woman fat!" it took a moment for mom to realize this...she tried to wiggle out of it, but there was no escaping it. OOOOooooh mom. she's like a younger version of Rose Nylan of Golden girls...sweet, kind, precious, occassionally shocking with some zingers.

Ty: What can I say about Ty... she's my baby sister...my best friend...craddle to grave, we'll be there for eachother. (I really hope all of you have someone like her in your lives) I think she's the result of Erma Bombeck and Jerry Seinfeld. They probably couldn't stand the competition and left her on our doorstep...we truly won on that deal.( I love you sissy) She can make standing in line at a toy store on black friday huuularious! she can listen to your heartache and really carry it with you. She has a gift...

ME: BO...that's short for Chebo (shaybo) which is what my sweet, precious nephew called me...he couldn't say shellbell, which is what my family called me, now it's chebo. I'd love to chat more, but...my husband has pimped me out again...(I'm a physical therapist) and his uncle is in pain...

Yay:banana: you started your PTR and you did it all by yourself. Know wonder your the smart one.

I am not going to write a PTR, I'm just going to piggy back on yours, K?

Hi everybody, I am Ty,
So to add to this. our dates are December 1-10th
we are staying at Pop Century.
Right now I am using a pincode that I was sent for a % off the room, but if Disney comes out with their free dining offer for our dates, then I will cancel the pin and use the free dining instead. Bu tin the mean time, Bo and I have been scouring the disney menus and pricing meals.
We plan to just us the QSDP, but we do have 2 places we would like to reserve for this trip. Crystal Palace and Cinderellas Royal Table. Of course we will be paying OOP for those.

Here is our mother.
manpa.jpg

She is everything my sister Bo said she is. You can always count on Mom for a laugh. And I agree, she is a bit of Rose Nylon from Golden girls but I will add she would like to be Blanche.

My sister Bo,
menchels.jpg

tawas010.jpg

Bo is on the right. ( in both pics)
Bo is my sister and my bestest friend. She has always been my protector and my confidant. And the thing I love most about her is she always up for fun. Time spent with her is a guaranteed stomache muscle work out from laughing so hard.
I have been trying for years to get Bo to go to Disney. And finally she has said yes. I booked right away and let her know there is no turning back now. Disney has you on file girl, they know where you live!!!!! so you wanna cancel? fagetaboutit! ( I also know where you live;))

If I had to compare my sister to any TV character it would have to be Julia Sugarbaker, I mean yeah, my sister is super funny and a barrel of laughs, but cross her and she will go Sugarbaker on you, I can already see her getting up in someones Koolaide at Disney, finger in the face while lecturing their bad behavior and then ending it with, "And THAT my dear, was the night the lights went out in DISNEY!"

Then there is me, Ty
mydis091.jpg

that's right! Don't hate me because I am beautiful, hate me because I am going to Disney World.

Hey Bo, That could totally be an awesome TR title right there!

After my second trip to Disney World I went pro, I wish now that I would have kept my amature status so I could compete at the Olympics, but there's no going back now and all I can do is coach my mother and sister and male them the best Disney tourists that ever were. We are going for the Gold!!!!!!

Work outs have already started.

ok...don't laugh, but I can't figure out how to get back to my PTR to continue, so until I learn i hope I can do this in a "quick relply" I tried calling my disnological genius sister, TY, to walk me through, but her phone is ringing off the hook, which basically means she's on the dis boards.

Uncle has less pain and now I can continue...I am a daughter, sister, mother, wife and grandma. I enjoy hosting parties...all kinds...and I'm crazy about themes and what not. I really enjoy making my family and friends feel special. I am also an organizing freak. Some people would even say i am OCD, I would just have to correct them though...I am CDO (let's keep things in alphabetical order,shall we?) my closet is organized by color right now. A gorgeous gradient starting with reds working through oranges and then yellows...rainbow oriented. My spices are alphabatized as is my pantry. I love my label maker. This being said, naturally I have a planner for our Disney vacation, lots of tabbed sections...Check off list with time line for completion, expenses, budget and relative timeline, what to pack, what to buy to pack, a bucket list ty had to tell me what that was, an idea section for the window and door decorations. (I am not sure if disers decorate them regardless of the season/holiday and lack there of, or if it is strictly a christmas thing...but Ty wants to do it, so I have a section for it in the planner)
Originally, I was going to wait for my grandbabies to be old enough to go, but Ty convinced me otherwise. I am starting to see the wisdom in that. This first time is for me...I can see it all, do it all etc I won't miss anything cuz I'm busy chasing a toddler...the next time, I can do it all and see it all with them, it will be a whole new and exciting thing to experience through them...oh, I went off on a tagent... they're 1 and 2 and a half...I want them to remember their trip with nana...new thought...Ty has to keep bringing newbies to Disney to keep the excitement growing for herself it's like a drug!...
we are truly crazy, Ty and I... we litterally spend several hours a week talking Disney. (actually, this weekend it's been several hours a day) I really do have a life,I almost told her "no" to this trip....I used to think Ty had a disease...a truly sick lady...always talked about disney...drove me out of my mind! "TY, i hate to be rude...but can we talk about something else?..." she was disney, disney , disney. everything reminded her of something that did happen or was going to happen at disney...I don't know when it happened, I took every precaution, i didn't drink out of her cup, i never looked directly at the picture of the castle and only listened to the stories with one ear, I tried to never even say the word...ugh...I caught it though. I have PWDD. (Preoccupation With DIsney Disorder) Ty tells me there's no cure. she assures me I won't want a cure after a while and that budgeting for disney will come as naturally as breathing does. I imagine as the disease progresses I'll cough up butterflies and pixie dust...my smile will become permanent and ooohhhh... the laugh lines...where's my wrinkle cream?

Thanks Ty for posting the pictures...I"ll wait for you to talk me through it so I can do it myself, until then I will have to trust that you wont post ..you know .... "the one"

Ok, first off, in order to get back to your PTR, you just go to post reply on the bottom left of your PTR screen.

Second off your last post had me rolling.

Third off, I did it! I contaminated you enough with my Disney germs that now you are headed towards the Disney epidemic. HA!

Really your Disney planner is way past the OCD stage, excuse me, ODC. You will fit in so well here. I am proud of you Bo. I feel like I have created something wonderful.

"She's alive, she's alive, muahahahahaha"

Doesn't Disney feel good? I told you you'd like it, all the cool people are doing it.

Oh my goodness! This is going to be sooooo much fun.
Yay ILMICKEY is here:banana: Welcome. I'm sure Bo will welcome you here too...once she learns how to quote and all that fun stuff.

I am hoping to head to Mi in mid March, maybe we can set up a meet somewhere. I'll have my people PM your people.:lmao:

I am coming along for this ride popcorn::
Hi, welcome aboard, We are so happy to have company for this ride. December is a long ways off. Lots of time to get to know eachother. :flower3:

Joining in and can't wait for more!

BoBippity, I am a PT, too and can totally relate to being "pimped out" by a husband!

This trip sounds like fun! I've always wanted a sister, so I guess I'll live vicariously through you guys!

Some people would even say i am OCD, I would just have to correct them though...I am CDO (let's keep things in alphabetical order,shall we?)...
Originally, I was going to wait for my grandbabies to be old enough to go, but Ty convinced me otherwise. I am starting to see the wisdom in that. This first time is for me...I can see it all, do it all etc I won't miss anything cuz I'm busy chasing a toddler.

LOVE your CDO comment :lmao:, and yes your sister is right, you should always go kidless your first time;) That's how I convinced my DH to go his first time and well he loved it! BTW I'm sure everyone will want to see the "THE ONE" now :rotfl: Your mom sounds like fun! Looking forward to your next update.

Third off, I did it! I contaminated you enough with my Disney germs that now you are headed towards the Disney epidemic. HA!

Really your Disney planner is way past the OCD stage, excuse me, ODC. You will fit in so well here. I am proud of you Bo. I feel like I have created something wonderful.

"She's alive, she's alive, muahahahahaha"

Doesn't Disney feel good? I told you you'd like it, all the cool people are doing it.
CDO! lol. I have been contaminated. you also told me all the cool people were spiking there hair and wearing 4 pairs of socks...I hope I don't have a relapse.

Also, thank you to all who/whose commented. you are greatly adding to the enjoyment and possible exponentially increasing the rate at which i sucumb to PWDD. I am trying to get to your reports...wow! I've been reading for 2 hours! What inspiring stories you have. Thank you so much for sharing...

CDO! lol. I have been contaminated. you also told me all the cool people were spiking there hair and wearing 4 pairs of socks...I hope I don't have a relapse.

Also, thank you to all who/whose commented. you are greatly adding to the enjoyment and possible exponentially increasing the rate at which i sucumb to PWDD. I am trying to get to your reports...wow! I've been reading for 2 hours! What inspiring stories you have. Thank you so much for sharing...

You're addicted. I knew it. :rolleyes:

BTW I'm sure everyone will want to see the "THE ONE" now :rotfl: Your mom sounds like fun! Looking forward to your next update.

it's quite possible it could wind up here...It would be just like Ty to post it...especially since she knows there's nothing she could ever do to make me stop loving her...even if she did that...of course I might start locking doors and taking her camera away...and possibly recruiting her children to gain ... "an equalizer.":rolleyes1

Joining in and can't wait for more!

BoBippity, I am a PT, too and can totally relate to being "pimped out" by a husband!

This trip sounds like fun! I've always wanted a sister, so I guess I'll live vicariously through you guys!

:confused3 husbands!

it's quite possible it could wind up here...It would be just like Ty to post it...especially since she knows there's nothing she could ever do to make me stop loving her...even if she did that...of course I might start locking doors and taking her camera away...and possibly recruiting her children to gain ... "an equalizer.":rolleyes1

It would be just like Ty to post it.:rolleyes:
But then again, I am also in that picture.

Recruit my kids?:scared1:

Aw Bo. I was going through my scrap books and I came across the one where you came out here for national scrapbook day. Good times.

I will have to upload the sexy tractor pictures. Lol but not the sexy on the hood of my car pictures. :lmao: remember it was so slippery we kept sliding off. I hope that when we go to DIsney we can do another dorky sexy sisters photo shoot.

Honestly Dis friends, we weren't really going for sexy, we were poking fun at ourselves, that is something we are really good at.

But I did have to post this picture from my scrapbook, it's one of my favorites of Bo.
boptrg.jpg

That was such a fun day, it's a good picture too, I know Bo will appreciate it and then she won't be able to get mad at me when I post this next picture.

boptrh.jpg

Oh yeah, sexy rock star with your long sexy fake hair, making sexy rock star faces, oh yeah!:lmao::lmao:

I love you Sis!

I am just pointing out that you are so much fun to hang out with. I can't wait for Disney!

I just want to wish you and your stupid Packers good luck in todays game (not) and may the better team win. (that would be the Steelers) if the Steelers don't win it's because the packers cheated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter