• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Shared a SWW...and more! Done...At Home! (10/17)

Between me finishing my Epcot daya dn now reading about your day....I am really missing Epcot (all of )WDW right now!! :sad2:

Great pictures of the monorail! I must say, though, that I don't like rising in the Tron monrail because your pictures come out with all fo these awful littel dots!!! :rotfl:

If DH liked the flowers during June, you all really need to go during the International Flower and Garden Show.....WOW!! It is beautiful!! :yay:

great updates! how did i miss so much in so little time?

its amazing how much of a difference a nap can make on pictures when in disney world :rotfl:

that slapping thing is actually a theatre trick... didnt know if you knew that but i remember learning about it in my acting class and we learned how to do it and everything. its really fun! :lmao:

I have to get some of those coconut mickey heads. i saw them in world of disney last time and wanted them but didnt get any... i will this time!

:laughing: Those naps became a mandatory event!

I didn't know what they were doing was a real trick! Natalie was spot on with her claps, and people would look!! And then see both girls laughing...it was funny!! :lmao:

Okay, Everyone MUST stop talking about the coconut Mickey heads --!! :lmao:

Between me finishing my Epcot daya dn now reading about your day....I am really missing Epcot (all of )WDW right now!! :sad2:

Great pictures of the monorail! I must say, though, that I don't like rising in the Tron monrail because your pictures come out with all fo these awful littel dots!!! :rotfl:

If DH liked the flowers during June, you all really need to go during the International Flower and Garden Show.....WOW!! It is beautiful!! :yay:

I can't wait to go to Epcot when it's COOL...! Maybe on my next trip... :cloud9:

My DD hates the balloons on the monorail and on the buses...I guess because they obscure her view! :confused3

One of these days...I would like to be in a position where we just go: do we want to check out Disney's "such & such" event? Yeah! Let's just go!

One of these days... ;)

HEY!! I just realized: I'm now a DIS Veteran!!!! :cool1::banana::banana:
:woohoo::woohoo:

How great is that?? I don't think it was after 500 posts, because it seemed like I looked and I was still a Mouseketeer...

Melissa was right: we were going to see Crush. Now, due to the fact that Crush's "main" audience is the little guys and gals, I'm not really sure why we go see him, if we have no little kid with us. Does anyone else feel this way? Nonetheless, we take Natalie to see him.

We thought about making her sit up front for a joke, but didn't.

I love these little jellies to look at before you go in.

ry%3D480

I take a couple of surreptitious photos.

ry%3D480

Has anyone seen him come in with the Buzz Lightyear toy? I saw that on a video, once, without sound -- what does he say? He's always come in with a bikini top with us.

ry%3D480

Our FP time for Soarin' was upon us! We hauled ourselves over there, and were given the time card for the CM. It always makes us feel special -- and to enhance this special time, we gave the card to Natalie. :)

ry%3D480

she's so cute.

ry%3D480

The guy who took our FPs didn't take the card, but it was taken further on, closer to the gangway.

What can I say about Soarin' that you haven't heard before? Natalie loved it.

Next, we went to the Imagination Lab, to see Figment. I know Melissa really likes this ride, but I am luke-warm to it. I feel like they could really use an update!! The one thing I did note this time, was that there was a line. A long line. I was astounded that we barely got in the door. In fact, I was tempted to leave, but we didn't. That's when I heard all the noise behind each of the "doors" that are alongside the line...

ry%3D480

If you get a chance, pause and listen to what is happening behind the doors to each of the characters -- pretty cute.

ry%3D480

Didn't take any good pictures on the ride, and deleted those I took. Here are the girls, taking their hand at directing music.

ry%3D480

All the booths for the photo fun were taken, so we left. And snacktime decended!! I wanted something sweet, but there wasn't anything really close. We stopped at this place, and my DH got a pretzel and some popcorn for the girls -- the popcorn was STALE. I was perturbed.

ry%3D480

Next: we go to "the other side!"

:lmao: "The Other Side." :lmao: Rebel or Sith?:lmao:

I just think Figment is so cute, but I have never waited in a long line either. It is one of those I like to watch people and see their expressions.

I've only seen the bikini top on Crush, hadn't heard about a Buzz?

And I got one of those red timing cards at a counter service restaurant at AK on July 4th.:confused3

We walked over to Innoventions East -- where, to my utter shock, I saw the little play area, across from the "Test the Limits Lab", where Jordan used to play, was gone! Well, not gone, but changed. Here's what it used to be -- a little 3-D movement screen (sorry, blurry pic from last year):

7718_1125696905406_1316648229_30323450_3481623_n.jpg

This is what it was, this year!

ry%3D480

The girls played around in the test area, then came to the Sum of All Thrills!

ry%3D480

It was shut down for the moment. The CM (or Raytheon dude) said it would be about 15 minutes, so the girls went over to the Don't Waste It area to learn about trash. It was at this point that I needed a drink (hmmm...not that kind) and a break -- so I left and came back. The girls got ready to do the ride:

ry%3D480

That is where you figure out if you will fit in the ride.

The line opened up and the girls jumped in:

ry%3D480

I wandered around and sat in the Kim Possible break area...

ry%3D480

It wasn't until I sat here a moment that I realized that the crazy looking house was supposed to be a house being blown away in a storm!

ry%3D480

I swung back by to see them in the ride!! It weaved back & forth, one time extreme up & down, and then it was over! It seemed tame...and Jordan seemed a little disappointed in how the ride was -- I think she would have liked to re-do the ride. :rolleyes1

ry%3D480

I might have liked to ride on it, but it just didn't work out...and I'm not sure if Robert might have fit in... :confused3

I did get a video of them doing this -- will see if I can post it later!

The girls' math skills must have been lacking... the way Sum of all Thrills works, as you design your coaster, you have to deal with the math/physics of maintaining speed/control/etc... and you have a pretty short time limit. DH (the math teacher) & I created a pretty intense ride in March when we tried it, but I can see kids having a hard time getting a "real" coaster designed in the short time limit that you're given.

:lmao: "The Other Side." :lmao: Rebel or Sith?:lmao:

I just think Figment is so cute, but I have never waited in a long line either. It is one of those I like to watch people and see their expressions.

I've only seen the bikini top on Crush, hadn't heard about a Buzz?

And I got one of those red timing cards at a counter service restaurant at AK on July 4th.:confused3

:laughing: Designers of parks are so clever; they put the most exciting rides all over the park, to encourage you to run around like crazy!! In this case, though, I guess "the other side" of Epcot is really World Showcase, and as you will see shortly, I'm about to bust my own rule!

I think we were watching a video from Disney about the parks, and it showed Crush coming out from behind the rocks, dragging a Buzz doll -- I just assumed it took the place of the bikini skit!

:confused3 Do you think we're going to start getting wait times on food service? You'll find an interesting experience we had at Magic Kingdom before we go home that may be a reason why they are considering it!

The girls' math skills must have been lacking... the way Sum of all Thrills works, as you design your coaster, you have to deal with the math/physics of maintaining speed/control/etc... and you have a pretty short time limit. DH (the math teacher) & I created a pretty intense ride in March when we tried it, but I can see kids having a hard time getting a "real" coaster designed in the short time limit that you're given.

Jordan had a PS2 game that enabled her to build rollercoasters and then ride them to see how they went; I assumed that might have given her a reasonable head-start! But she did mention the time constraint for building it, and putting two heads together for that may have been confusing!

Hey, girl -- I see you are going concierge at AKL! :cloud9: I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!!

Stormstruck is where we went last year and the kids thought it so lame! It was really geared for little ones! I had wanted to try Sum of All Thrills but of course we did not make it!

Funny....I figured "the other side" was WS!! :lmao:

I knew you meant the other Innoventionas. I just noticed that little test area was gone, so is the home of the future or whatever it was called. The musical robots are gone from the other side also. Guess it is good they are adding new things.

Sum of all Thrills can be difficult when more than one are trying to design. And it is kind of tight. My first ride I kept wondering how in the world a guy can ride the thing.

I have never done the Stormstruck.

Stormstruck is where we went last year and the kids thought it so lame! It was really geared for little ones! I had wanted to try Sum of All Thrills but of course we did not make it!

Funny....I figured "the other side" was WS!! :lmao:

Yes, I think they should have some kind of "age" sign for these things, so that parents and kids will know what will be of interest to them!

I kind of wanted to go on Sum of All Thrills, too -- but the one thing that bugs me is that I have a bad motion-sickness issue! :p

Another great update!

Innoventions at WDW looks a lot more impressive than the one at DLR.

Looking forward to more:goodvibes

I knew you meant the other Innoventionas. I just noticed that little test area was gone, so is the home of the future or whatever it was called. The musical robots are gone from the other side also. Guess it is good they are adding new things.

Sum of all Thrills can be difficult when more than one are trying to design. And it is kind of tight. My first ride I kept wondering how in the world a guy can ride the thing.

I have never done the Stormstruck.

I think it's good that things are added, too -- Innoventions is SUPPOSED to be thing about NEW things, right? :cool2: I remember when they had the online ToonTown as one of the places; kids would be able to do a demo game against each other, playing Donald, Daisy, Mickey & Minnie -- Jordan played Donald. :goodvibes

We decided at this point to go to Spaceship Earth! The line had gone down considerably.

ry%3D480

Scary!!

ry%3D480

We got stopped at the Pharaoh's place. I was tempted to step out and see the rest of the facilities...but settled with taking a poor picture.

ry%3D480

Earth seemed a little flat...

ry%3D480

The girls did the "send this to your email" thing (where your picture of your future is), but it has never worked for us. :confused3 After that, the girls decided to play the "power the city" game with sticks. It was intriguing to watch...I think I shouted out a few helpful hints.

ry%3D480

My DH decided after that to go over and ride Living with the Land ride. We figured it would be a shorter wait, by now. Meanwhile, I decided to take the girls to the Cool Spot, for a cool free drink.

Of Beverly.

Oops, this one was out.

ry%3D480

I found it on another fountain...Natalie was first. :)

ry%3D480

Jordan is a huge fan of Italy. What would she think of it??

ry%3D480

I guess not. :laughing:

Tomorrow...LwtL!

Jordan didn't learn from you last year.:rotfl2: I got my DSD with Beverly this year.

Have you checked your spam and junk mail folders for those emails from Spaceship Earth. That is where ours always ends up. But I never get my resort reservation emails, everything else I get.:confused3 And by the way, they are now the whole video, which I miss getting just a pic.

So, since you say the next installment is LWTL, I guess the line was shorter.

Another great update!

Innoventions at WDW looks a lot more impressive than the one at DLR.

Looking forward to more:goodvibes

Innoventions is sensory overload!! :lmao: You want to try everything, and feel like you don't have time to do it.

Jordan didn't learn from you last year.:rotfl2: I got my DSD with Beverly this year.

Have you checked your spam and junk mail folders for those emails from Spaceship Earth. That is where ours always ends up. But I never get my resort reservation emails, everything else I get.:confused3 And by the way, they are now the whole video, which I miss getting just a pic.

So, since you say the next installment is LWTL, I guess the line was shorter.

Yes...sorry this was such a short little update -- I've been out for 2 days, and had to do something quickly! ;) The line to the Land was shorter, which is HOW I LIKE IT! :thumbsup2

As for Jordan. I don't think she would have tried it if Natalie hadn't been there and tried it. She is all too familiar with the old joke, "Ooo, this is disgusting! Here, try it!!" :laughing: But the fact is that she couldn't have not done it...it's the Italian drink, and Natalie did it. We had a good laugh.

I hadn't looked in my junk mail...that would be awesome if we got home and it was in there!

spaceship earth has to be one of my favorite rides! idk y... but i love it!

and i cant wait for club cool... i dont think ill be trying a beverly after hearing so many bad things about it from people on the DIS!

I like spaceship earth because it's easy...it's entertaining...and it's cool! :) Usually by the time we slip in, it's scorching outside. Plus, all the fun things to do once you're done with the ride, itself! :woohoo:

Beverly is an EXPERIENCE. It's not that it's necessarily horrible-tasting...you will recognize it in some way...but that it's SINUS-CLEARING!! :rotfl: No, it's hilarious, and you'll all have to give it a try! (I hear some Americans like it, but for me, that's only a rumor)

We swept over to the Land, and got into a short line to the ride. We sat right behind some parents that seemed to have very little control over their little boys. One was smallish, but the other one was around 5 or 6...just old enough to put his hands in the water, reach around the boat at things, etc...

just slightly annoying. To the point that you kind of wish he would fall in.

I'm bad, I know.

Here are some large shrimp. Makes me hungry, thinking about them.

ry%3D480

I spotted the pumpkin torture chambers - er, Mickey-makers.

ry%3D480

I wasn't sure where the hottest pepper was...

ry%3D480

And then, I saw it.

Either largest, most deflated pumpkin I've ever seen, or the more torturous bean-bag chair ever invented, colored like a deflated pumpkin.

ry%3D480

I seriously thought this. And laughed.:laughing:

My DD seriously thought I had lost my mind.

ry%3D480

Nine pounds? Seriously? It's so SMALL.

ry%3D480

I LOVE butter lettuce... :cloud9:

ry%3D480

And I would love to have a tomato tree. But, the deer would eat it -- seriously, the whole tree. Makes me so mad.

ry%3D480

I tried to get a picture of the beautiful sunflowers, but that dratted celery jumped into the picture. :confused:

ry%3D480

What an ego.

Can't you imagine these things jumping and twirling in the air? Amazing.

ry%3D480

I know what you're thinking. "WHAT?" But you know, this is a slow ride. There isn't a lot of excitement, unless you count the trail of lines in the sand that the little boy in front of us was constantly making -- to my consternation, and to the utter apathy of his parents. I had to use my imagination a little...after all, that's what Figment told us to do!!

A HIDDEN MICKEY!!!! :cool1:

ry%3D480

Where are those lazy scientists???

ry%3D480

When we got to the end of the ride, the little boy started standing up prematurely. One of the CMs saw him and said something, and I was like, "YES!!!" But it did not deter the little boy, because the parents, who seemed to be high on some good stuff, seemed irreverent. They got out of the boat, and the little boy tried to run away from them.

I was hoping he would run far, far away.

Instead, he ran into a corner and found that he couldn't truly cause any trouble that way. Drat for him. And for me, because then he spurted for the gate that I was headed for, and, in ugly fashion, glared at me as he slowly opened the gate. As if to say, I'm doing this for ME, not for YOU, who I just cut in front of.

Did the parents chastise him for being rude? No. The little brother ran after him, and I let him go in front of me, too. Wonderful boys...fantastic parents. Go enjoy the rest of Epcot.

Believe it or not, it was about time for dinner. Where would we go?

Melissa? :)

I wasn't sure where the hottest pepper was...

ry%3D480

And then, I saw it.

I have 2 of these growing at home. Chillis only starting to come out. DH is going to eat them apparently but then he is chilli daft. I am putting money on them going to waste or being used in some sort of male drunken dare. I certainly won't be using them in my cooking!

Great update. Could you not have rocked the boat a bit to knock that little darling overboard?? I would have been tempted too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter