We ordered from Garden Grocer for the first time..

mouseaider

DIS Veteran
We placed our order in the early afternoon yesterday for our trip this coming Wednesday.

Last night at around 8:00 PM we got a call from them reviewing our order and making sure we knew how it worked. They asked if we had any questions and assured us that our order would be waiting for us at OKW when we checked in.

I am impressed so far. :yay: I just had to tell ! :thumbsup2

We will be using them for the 5th time next month, and have never had a problem. I usually have the food there when we arrive instead of scheduling a time for later in the day. If our flight lands at noon, I schedule between 10-12. This way when we get to the room I can have the food brought right up (you have to be there for the food delivery, so if you have it coming later in the day it could crimp your plans). You don't have to worry about cold or frozen foods if the food beats you there, garden grocer will label each bag and put the frozen foods together so bell services knows what to refrigerate.

We enjoy not having to go to the store, and it's nice to have a service like their to rely on.

We've always had very good service from GG. Even once when they forgot something on our order...we called and it was delivered right away.

We also love GG. We have used them in the past and will do so again for our November trip. It is the only time I enjoy putting groceries away!

Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

I usually have the food there when we arrive instead of scheduling a time for later in the day. If our flight lands at noon, I schedule between 10-12. This way when we get to the room I can have the food brought right up (you have to be there for the food delivery, so if you have it coming later in the day it could crimp your plans).
We land at MCO at around 3:00 and have arranged a 1:00 - 3:00 PM delivery, so I think I did it right. ;)

We've always had very good service from GG. Even once when they forgot something on our order...we called and it was delivered right away.
Nice to know. :thumbsup2
We also love GG. We have used them in the past and will do so again for our November trip. It is the only time I enjoy putting groceries away!

Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes
Aw thanks. We will enjoy this trip. It's our first for F&W and MNSSHP. :woohoo:

we used that service before, it's nice, but pricy. this year when we went we drove 3 miles to Walmart Super Center and bought all our groceries at "normal" prices. Just a thought.

Since we don't rent a car, we use Garden Grocer. If we had a car we would probably go to Walmart instead. But GG is very convenient and we have never had a problem. Our groceries are waiting for us when we arrive.

We have used GG twice and both times it was a smooth process. As others have stated on this thread, GG costs more than Wal-Mart. However, you have to consider that you are paying for a "service" and not just the groceries. If you have a car, then absolutely drive to Wal-Mart or Publix and you can save money. Both times we used GG we flew to WDW and used the Magical Express. So we didn't have the use of a car. When I'm at WDW, I want to spend as much time in the Magic of WDW by taking in the parks, resorts, and Downtown Disney. That's why we take advantage of services like GG. GG is fantastic! The groceries were waiting for us on both occasions when we checked in. We use GG for breakfast before heading to the parks and for late night snacks. With breakfast covered, we use the DDP for lunch and dinner.

We only used them once and they made mistakes on the order and took until Monday to fix it. They also inflated the prices quite a bit.

Since then we use WeGoShop who doesn't inflate the prices or we rent a car, make a store run and eat off property and really save some money.

:earsboy: Bill

We only used them once and they made mistakes on the order and took until Monday to fix it. They also inflated the prices quite a bit.

Since then we use WeGoShop who doesn't inflate the prices or we rent a car, make a store run and eat off property and really save some money.

My last experience with GG was similar. When I'm paying an inflated price for a specific item listed on the website, I expect to get that exact item (and not waste my precious vacation time on several occasions on the phone attempting to get the situation rectified.) I'll never use GG again.

I'm sorry if some of you have had bad experience with Garden Grocer but like I said we are trying them for the first time. I will let you all know how it goes. :thumbsup2

As for going to Walmart...... we will not have a car....... we are flying in and we will not be renting a car even to get groceries. That would offset the savings of having them delivered.

We are going to be on vacation and I really don't want to spend my time buying groceries instead of eating Mickey Bars, if you know what I mean. ;)

Thanks for all the input.... the good opinions of Garden Grocer and the bad. :grouphug:

It pays to be informed. :yay:

We used Garden Grocer for the first time this last trip (Sept 16-20) and everything was great. I even made a change to our order before we got there. Our food was at bell services when we arrived. I would use them again.

My DS lives in Orlando and every once in awhile I use Garden Grocer to have some treats delivered to him. I've never had a problem and everything has always been delivered on time and it's always just what I ordered :)

Hey everyone.......

We got back from our trip last Wednesday night but I've been busy trying to catch up around the house and with my business so this is the first chance I've had to tell you how we made out.

We arrived at MCO and I had a text from Garden Grocer that said my order had been delivered to OKW and was in Bel Services.

Sure enough.... after we checked in and our room was ready, I went to Bell Service to get our groceries and the bell service guy loaded them and us onto a golf cart and took us to our studio.

Every thing was perfect with our order and we will order from them in January. We ordered a couple of frozen dinners by Chef Fabio for $6.99 and they were excellent so don't be afraid to try them also.

I hope you all get great service from them like we did. :thumbsup2

We have used Garden Grocers twice at SSR and loved their service! We don't rent a car, and only buy breakfast and light lunch food so the expense isn't too bad.

In March, we are at AKL Jambo House. Since this isn't a traditional DVC resort, will bell services have a cold storage if I order early arrival for the food?

We have used Garden Grocers twice at SSR and loved their service! We don't rent a car, and only buy breakfast and light lunch food so the expense isn't too bad.

In March, we are at AKL Jambo House. Since this isn't a traditional DVC resort, will bell services have a cold storage if I order early arrival for the food?

Storage with Bell Services isn't a DVC specific option it's available at all Deluxe resorts for sure and I would guess that it's available at all resorts.

We used them for the first time last Aug - they were wonderful. One of our loaves of bread accidentally was crushed (not even their fault) and they went back and got us a new one. Super nice!!

Storage with Bell Services isn't a DVC specific option it's available at all Deluxe resorts for sure and I would guess that it's available at all resorts.

Do you know if their storage includes facilities for cold and frozen food storage in addition to the traditional luggage storage?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter