We Need a Vintage Disney Channel!

I absolutely hate the Disney Channel. There is, honestly, not one program on there that I watch. If the Disney Channel showed more "classic" stuff (like the old animated shorts, classic movies, etc.) then I would watch it non-stop.

That being said, I fully realize that my interests are very much a niche audience and that I am not a large target market. Therefore, I am not at all surprised that the Disney Channel doesn't cater to my own desires to see things that most people are not interested in, simply because they are "old".

I want a channel that plays the New Mickey Mouse Club and Kids Incorporated- I watched those every afternoon when I was in middle school.

I think that would be such a great channel! I too watched Kids Inc and the New Mickey Mouse Club in Middle School, but I remember when the Disney channel showed the original Mickey Mouse Club. :happytv:

I'm still mad they don't have the vintage cartoon channel at the resorts anymore.

:scared1: What?! When did this happen? I was staying at ASM last December and watched this nearly every night!

Anyway, joined the FB page! The only time I watch the Disney Channel anymore is when I can't sleep and The Little Mermaid and Lilo & Stitch series come on.

I just "liked" the fb page! I'm with everyone on this!! I miss everything about it!

I really wish they would bring back Dinsey movies and specials on Sunday nights on ABC again. I loved that so much.

:cheer2:A vintage Disney station would see me up grading my cable.

On my way over to fb.

They have started showing some of the older shorts during commercial breaks, cut down for time sometimes, although I have seen full length shorts after a movie has aired.

I kinda like the new 'Re-Micks' they've been airing besides the shorts. Taking footage from the old black and white shorts, and lip-syncing them to songs. It's pretty cute! I'm sure somebody has posted the Re-Micks on youtube by now! It's kinda like the old DTVs if anybody remembers them!

Oh, and I 'liked' the facebook page too!

I so wish they would do this. I'm sure it would not be cost effective to do this though. I would love to see the old Disney channel back.

Hey everybody!! The Facebook page is growing, so glad to see that!! Thanks to everybody who is supporting this!!! Maybe if it grows enough, Disney would actually listen to us... Stranger things have happened!!! :) If Betty White can host SNL because of Facebook, the sky's the limit!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I am SO going to 'Like' your facebook page! :thumbsup2I really really miss Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, Adventures N Wonderland, Duck Tales, Tales Spin, Mousersize, Gummi Bears. The programs back then late 80's early 90's were SO much better than they are now on the 'updated' version. EVEN if they brought back 'Vintage Disney Channel' back for JUST one week...one DAY. Just to see our older shows would be SO nice!!

Yes, I vote for vintage Disney on TV. The only mildly entertaining thing on Disney Channel is Phineas and that other guy.

What about Vault Disney with the old MMC, zorro, the scary intro, and Spin and Marty?

Remember the Gummi Bears?

If you go to Wikipedia there is a huge list of shows that disney used to air.

Liked the page, I even miss the stuff thats not that old from toon disney when they used to show cartoon versions of films - eg Hercules, The Little Mermaid, Lilo and Stitch etc

I would be all over this. I was so bummed when I realized their "Disney on Demand" was pretty much nothing but the various series that I have zero interest in. I was hoping it'd be a little more like what this thread's about.

I liked the Facebook page because I really want to see all the old Disney Channel shows that they had on in the 80's and 90's. Now the Disney Channel has just gone downhill. The shows I watch are Phineas & Ferb and Wizards of Waverly Place.

I just liked the fb page :) I really miss KIDS incorporated and the Mickey Mouse Club that I used to watch in elementary school. If only they were on DVD....

Awesome thread!! I hope the higher ups do see this and make some sort of a change. Remember when Nick at Nite used to be on Nickelodeon and not it's own separate channel. They could do the same thing!

I liked the page on FB so I'm hoping other people I know will join it.

:banana: <---- I love this dancing banana! It makes me laugh all the time.

I would love to see the old Wonderful World of Disney, in all it's incarnations, rerun. They could just pick a time, any time, and start at the beginning and run one every day in order. That would be the best TV around. I grew up with that and especially liked the little stories, I think I remember one about a little raccon or bear running around Yellowstone. And I liked the tours of Disney Land, I remember one about the HM which my family watched before our trip to DL in the 60's. Nothing deep or thoughtful, just good wholesome entertainment. I would pay for that on cable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter