We must be the most indecisive group.....Help us decide again!!

absmom2

Mouseketeer
We are going to WDW in October and have changed where we are staying more times than I can count. There will be 4 adults/3 kids (8,5,5). We wanted to stay onsite and have CBR booked. However, MIL & FIL can not decide. They are now leaning towards off-site agin. We have all agreed to one final meeting to discuss whether to stay on-site or off. If offsite, they are torn between Bonnet Creek or Windsor Hills. Can anyone who has stayed at either or both, PLEASE give us your opinions on which is best?? Transportation is not an issue, we will have a rental car. TIA

If you stay at Windsor Hills you have the option for a larger place. I think Bonnet Creek may only have 2 bedrooms at the most but that might be ok.
WH has 3 br condos or townhouses (with private splash pools) and 4 - 6 bedroom homes with pools (about 14 - 15 ft by 28 -30 ft).
Bonnet Creek is surrounded by Disney and is close to Epcot and DHS. Windsor Hills is close to Animal Kingdom area. I don't think the distance for either would be what I would base my decision on. So I guess it depends on how much room you want and if you want a private pool, which is one of the things we love having. :)

I think Bonnet Creek may only have 2 bedrooms at the most but that might be ok.:)

Bonnet Creek has a fairly wide range of lodging options with one, two, three and four bedroom units.
I like Bonnet Creek's location better than Windham Hills as it is more central to the Disney parks, Downtown Disney, and the other Orlando theme parks.

Dick Taylor

I have not stayed at Windsor Hills but have stayed at Bonnet Creek and loved it. The resort is right in the middle of everything and incredibly close to all the parks. No park will take you more than about 7 minutes to drive to. The pool and lazy river area is also nice. Bonnet Creek has 1,2,3,and 4 bedrooms available.

Thank you for all the thoughts! I'm not sure yet which way we are going but any thoughts will be shared with the in-laws and are helpful! Keep them coming!

Hello, based on lots of time spent with people in condos and houses here is a quick list of positive/negative.

Bonnett Creek...5-10 minute drive to parking lots. 10-20 minute bus trip, but buses not always on time and may have to wait.

Windsor Hills...10-20 minutes to all parking lots depending on the park. No waiting for buses.

Bonnet Creek small crowded deck or patio. Just for four. Pool is large but will require walk and adult supervision if you feel the need need to do so.

Winsor Hills home (not condo) large deck with seating for all outside. Pool is right there...any time...kids swim in the morning adults relax with coffee. No running to the pool. If a little chilly...30 seconds to the shower, not blocks!

Bonnet Creek...2 bathrooms, maybe 3...it will be crowded.

Windsor Hills...splurge ( for less than 3 bedroom at BC, I'll bet) and get 5/6 bedroom 3/4 bath 2 living room and game room with TWO master suites so mom and dad and MIL and FIL have pvt baths off the bedroom...you will NOT be sorry for this one!!

You may be really surprised what you can get a home this big for in October. (don't rule out Emerald Island or Sunset Lakes for homes this large...they have lots of them and they are sitting pretty empty!)

Nothing makes a In-law vacation more tense than not enough room, especially bathrooms.

I vote for off-site, but that is what we always do and NOOOOO complaints.

Good Luck..kids will love whatever you choose and to be honest, MIL and FIL should be happy as long as grandkids are happy!!

Enjoy...Ted

I havent stayed at either but stayed close to Windsor Hills and I liked all the resturants and grocery stores close by and loved having the private pool.

Hello, based on lots of time spent with people in condos and houses here is a quick list of positive/negative.

Bonnett Creek...5-10 minute drive to parking lots. 10-20 minute bus trip, but buses not always on time and may have to wait.

Windsor Hills...10-20 minutes to all parking lots depending on the park. No waiting for buses.

Bonnet Creek small crowded deck or patio. Just for four. Pool is large but will require walk and adult supervision if you feel the need need to do so.

Winsor Hills home (not condo) large deck with seating for all outside. Pool is right there...any time...kids swim in the morning adults relax with coffee. No running to the pool. If a little chilly...30 seconds to the shower, not blocks!

Bonnet Creek...2 bathrooms, maybe 3...it will be crowded.

Windsor Hills...splurge ( for less than 3 bedroom at BC, I'll bet) and get 5/6 bedroom 3/4 bath 2 living room and game room with TWO master suites so mom and dad and MIL and FIL have pvt baths off the bedroom...you will NOT be sorry for this one!!

You may be really surprised what you can get a home this big for in October. (don't rule out Emerald Island or Sunset Lakes for homes this large...they have lots of them and they are sitting pretty empty!)

Nothing makes a In-law vacation more tense than not enough room, especially bathrooms.

I vote for off-site, but that is what we always do and NOOOOO complaints.

Good Luck..kids will love whatever you choose and to be honest, MIL and FIL should be happy as long as grandkids are happy!!

Enjoy...Ted

Great way to break it down!! I believe the in-laws are leaning towards Bonnet Creek but I'll show them this. It may change their mind. Thanks!

Not sure if you know or not, but Bonnet Creek is actually right next door to the Caribbean Beach Resort. So you are pretty much "onsite" without being "onsite" if you know what I mean.

They also have 2, 3 and bedroom units. Great resort!!!!

Sounds like I need to check out Bonnet Creek!

For now, I will say Windsor Hills is great! Our kids don't even want to stay on property again (and we are DVC owners!! :scared1:) We got a 4BR at WH and had a private pool. Our kids are 3,6,9,12 and they loved the pool. They did not want to go to the main pool, because at the house, they got to swim as long as they wanted. We cooked outside on the grill and inside.

I don't remember the drive taking us 20 minutes to get to a parking lot, but I do lose some sense of time at the World, if you know what I mean! :rolleyes:
Here are some pictures of our place - we are going back again in August, but to a different home, just for fun!

IMG_0820.JPG

IMG_0829.JPG

Thanks for the photos! However, you are making the decision even harder:rotfl2:.....my kids would love that pool!!

Ooops, sorry. I missed that part about leaning towards Bonnet Creek! I'm sure either decision will be a good one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter