We May Be Crazy, But We're Doing It Anyway...Disney With Four Kids, October 2013!

MommyMissy

Mouseketeer
We May Be Crazy, But We're Doing It Anyway...Disney With Four Kids, October 2013!

I am so excited to start my very first PTR for our very first trip to the World! Yes, I know it is a bit early but I can't help it. We considered going this October but then we decided we didn't want to rush the planning. We thought October still sounded like the best time to go, hence the reason I am starting this 16 months out.

Let me introduce you to the cast of characters:

I'm Missy (30 in August) I am a stay-at-home mom and an independent Director with Thirty-one Gifts. Thirty-one is helping to pay for our trip! My first Disney experience was only 2 years ago when we went to Disneyland in November 2010. I fell in love! We returned last year and I loved it just as much. I am so excited to visit Disney World (and Harry Potter)! I am a complete control freak and like to know everything there is to know about just about everything. Another reason I am glad we decided to wait until 2013.

Rick is my DH of 6 years. He is a great guy that stresses over everything and leaves all the planning to me, which of course I don't mind at all :) He operates a crane at the local steel mill and is not really a Disney fan. I am hoping that Disney World will change his opinion. He is pretty accommodating though and even if he isn't loving it, most of the time he knows what is good for him and amicalbly follows my lead.
156374_10150099880763899_7133533_n.jpg

My oldest, we will call Agent P, he is 5, will be 6 ½ at trip time. He is such a funny kid, loves to dress up as a spy, or business man, he has even worn ties to preschool! I don't think he really has a favorite character, he likes them all. He is my ride buddy. Last year he went on everything that he was tall enough for, even ToT! (Though that one did scare him a bit.) He will start kindergarten this year.
DSCN0913.jpg

Donald will be 4 in October, and will most likely celebrate his 5th birthday on our trip depending on our exact dates. His favorite character of course is Donald Duck. He is a very sweet boy, but more moody than any kid I have ever met. Maybe it is because he is in his terrible three's (yes terrible 3's not 2's) He does not like many of the rides unless they are very mild. His favorites are Dumbo and Autotopia. He will start preschool 2 days a week in August and he is very excited about that.
DSCN0859.jpg

Stinkerbell is 20 months old and will turn 3 just before the trip, I know we could have saved some money if we went before her birthday, but we really wanted to go in October. She loves the princesses. Stinkerbell is just that, a Stinker! She loves pretty things and dressing up, but is a tomboy at heart. It is not unusual to see her playing in the mud wearing a tutu! Her first trip to DL she was only 4 weeks old and last year she was just under 1, so this will be her first real Disney vacation. I am excited to see what she likes and how she reacts. I have a feeling she will be like her oldest brother and want to do it all. She already has the makings of a daredevil.
DSCN0791.jpg

DSCN0898.jpg

So there is our (not so) little family. My parent's and/or my older sister may be joining us for part of or all of the trip but until that becomes a little more concrete we will leave it at that.
DSCN0880-1.jpg

You may be asking yourself, “Didn't she say 4 kids? Yes, yes I did. You see once we decided we were going to wait until 2013 for our WDW vacation, I told my husband “I don't want to be pregnant at Disney, and we want 1 more baby, so we better start trying”! We are hoping to get pregnant for the last time soon. So not only will we be taking 4 kids to Disney, we will be taking a baby (we hope). CRAZY indeed!

Next up...When & Where

STINKERBELL---- Ha, Ha .... Love it!! Where in Colorado do you live?

Good Luck with the baby thing. ;)

Highlands Ranch/Littleton area. I was curious cuz I know someone in the Delta area that also works for Thirty-one gifts. ;)

Hello! Well, we are also looking way ahead and possibly considering October 2013. :) My boys are 5 and 2. The 5 year old will also be starting Kindergarten in the fall. Looks like we will have some similar things going on this year. :thumbsup2

I am the same way about planning which is why I am also knee deep in all things Disney right now. I'm along for the ride!;)

reyasmommy said:
Highlands Ranch/Littleton area. I was curious cuz I know someone in the Delta area that also works for Thirty-one gifts. ;)

31 is growing quickly in CO but we still only have 1000 consultants!

Kitkat6595 said:
Hello! Well, we are also looking way ahead and possibly considering October 2013. :) My boys are 5 and 2. The 5 year old will also be starting Kindergarten in the fall. Looks like we will have some similar things going on this year. :thumbsup2

I am the same way about planning which is why I am also knee deep in all things Disney right now. I'm along for the ride!;)

So glad to have you here! It will be fun to plan our trips together and talk about our kids growing up :)

Loving your PTR so far! I just started as an independent designer for Origami Owl, and I'm hoping that will also help pay for our trip :)

Glad to see others here planning their trips wwwaaayyy out in advance like me. :thumbsup2 I love planning our Disney trips. I tend to go gazelle when planning so my family nominates me for this job. :rotfl2:
We are planning on going at the end of October 2013. This will be our 2nd trip. My sister, her DH, my 2 nephews, my mom and mom's DH are all going next year with us ;). My DD's will be 9 and 6 when we go next and I too am hoping to have a little one as I do not want to be pregnant going to Disney and Universal.

Are you all planning to staying onsite? Doing MNSSHP?
We are staying offsite due to some family not being able to afford the cost of onsite. We did MVMCP and we loved it so we are hoping to go to MNSSHP. I'm already excited for next year. I wish it was this October. The anticipation is killing me.

Life has been crazy but I'm back and ready to really get to planning this trip!

I do have some exciting news to share......

We will be taking 4 kids, not 3! I am due with baby #4 at the end of February!! :dance3:

We are also planning another trip to CA in April to visit my sister and plan on doing Disney 2 days:yay: So this is going to turn into a double PTR

Current planning: I am trying to nail down our exact dates, decide if it would be better to do Universal at the beginning or end of our trip, and how many days at each resort. I would love any input you could offer.

Life has been crazy but I'm back and ready to really get to planning this trip!

I do have some exciting news to share......

We will be taking 4 kids, not 3! I am due with baby #4 at the end of February!! :dance3:

We are also planning another trip to CA in April to visit my sister and plan on doing Disney 2 days:yay: So this is going to turn into a double PTR

Current planning: I am trying to nail down our exact dates, decide if it would be better to do Universal at the beginning or end of our trip, and how many days at each resort. I would love any input you could offer.

Just wanted to say CONGRATS on the new baby! I posted on your "which Oct dates" thread and noticed you pre trip report link and clicked on it. Glad things are working out the way you want:goodvibes My name is also Missy and I also have 4 kids:) although mine are way more spread out than yours. I have a DD22 (also born at the end of Feb), DS17, DD13 and DD4. Four is a great number:thumbsup2 We are heading down Oct 19th of this year. I cant wait and we are very excited to go to the MNSSHP:cool1:
Subbing to your PRT (since we have quite a few things in common...LOL) :goodvibes
Oh yeah...I have a friend from church who sells Thirty One (and is over a bunch of people...not sure what her title is), but she went to WDW last Feb with lots of gift cards she earned from selling. She has been on many trips earned through selling the product!

Just wanted to say CONGRATS on the new baby! I posted on your "which Oct dates" thread and noticed you pre trip report link and clicked on it. Glad things are working out the way you want:goodvibes My name is also Missy and I also have 4 kids:) although mine are way more spread out than yours. I have a DD22 (also born at the end of Feb), DS17, DD13 and DD4. Four is a great number:thumbsup2 We are heading down Oct 19th of this year. I cant wait and we are very excited to go to the MNSSHP:cool1:
Subbing to your PRT (since we have quite a few things in common...LOL) :goodvibes
Oh yeah...I have a friend from church who sells Thirty One (and is over a bunch of people...not sure what her title is), but she went to WDW last Feb with lots of gift cards she earned from selling. She has been on many trips earned through selling the product!
So glad you are here! It sure sounds like we have a lot in common! Are you doing a PTR, I would love to get some tips after your trip since we will be there at the same time of year.
Curious what your friend's name is, it is possible we met at the 31 conference last month.

I feel so relieved that we have nailed down our dates, though we haven't actually booked them yet. We will arrive in WDW on Friday October 18th and check out on the 27th. Then we will stay at Universal until the 29th.

I went round and round on where to stay, but ultimately I kept coming back to POR, I think it is beautiful, relaxing, and just my style. I know that some people will say we have lost our minds trying to squeeze 6 people into 1 room, but I don't plan to spend a ton of time in the actual room anyway. We co-sleep until the baby is a year old or so anyway, so Baby will sleep with us, the boys will sleep in the other queen and, DD will sleep in the murphy bed. As for storage, I am just going to have to get creative with packing and make it work.

My very tentative plans are to spend our arrival night exploring the resort and at DTD, 2 days at MK, 2 days at Epcot, 2 days at HS, 1 day at AK, and 1 rest day around the resort. What do you think, is this enough time in each of the parks?

For Universal we will spend check in day at US, the next day we will have EE to WWoHP so will spend that day at IoA, and our departure day we will do EE at WWoHP then see anything we may have missed or things we want to do again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter