We made it to the Fort!

Tiggershunny

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

We made it to the Fort on Saturday around noon and were assigned site 718. It is a great site. The fort is so beautiful. I have taken a few pictures and will try to post some later. I am using my husbands work computer to get online so I can only use it when he isn't online.

We decided that since we were going to be here for 4 weeks we would go ahead and buy annual passes. We told they kids we would take them to Downtown Disney after we got set up at the campsite. After setting up I suggested that we take a boat to MK and then catch a bus to DD. The kids asked why we just didn't take a bus from the fort. My husband told them that I wanted to see the castle. When we got there I could tell they were disappointed that we couldn't go in. I told them that we need to go to Guest Services and would have to go through the bag check. Again my youngest kept asking why we had to go through bag check if we weren't going in. (He was really making it difficult to surprise him) Anyway, we bought annual passes and have visted the parks a little each day since. We have also enjoyed biking and swimming here at the fort.

Our dogs Capt'n Jack and Koda love the Fort also. They are enjoying walking around checking everything out and have made some new friends at the dog park.

We start back our school lessons next week so we will have very busy days with school in the mornings and filling the afternoons with park visits and activites around the fort.

I'll try and post some pics later.

Tammy

Hi everyone!

We made it to the Fort on Saturday around noon and were assigned site 718. It is a great site. The fort is so beautiful. I have taken a few pictures and will try to post some later. I am using my husbands work computer to get online so I can only use it when he isn't online.

We decided that since we were going to be here for 4 weeks we would go ahead and buy annual passes. We told they kids we would take them to Downtown Disney after we got set up at the campsite. After setting up I suggested that we take a boat to MK and then catch a bus to DD. The kids asked why we just didn't take a bus from the fort. My husband told them that I wanted to see the castle. When we got there I could tell they were disappointed that we couldn't go in. I told them that we need to go to Guest Services and would have to go through the bag check. Again my youngest kept asking why we had to go through bag check if we weren't going in. (He was really making it difficult to surprise him) Anyway, we bought annual passes and have visted the parks a little each day since. We have also enjoyed biking and swimming here at the fort.

Our dogs Capt'n Jack and Koda love the Fort also. They are enjoying walking around checking everything out and have made some new friends at the dog park.

We start back our school lessons next week so we will have very busy days with school in the mornings and filling the afternoons with park visits and activites around the fort.

I'll try and post some pics later.

Tammy

Sounds wonderful. Enjoy your stay and how I would love to spend 4 weeks at the Fort! Have fun.

Hi everyone!

Tammy

That is the best school schedule I have ever heard of...

Hi neighbor, we are in 710. You can see our sign. We are hiding from the heat. Dinner resies at 6 Crystal Palace. Not going out til then. Jaden is drawing more chalk artwork on the cement. Say Hi if you go by.

Did you make it to the movie on the 16th to see Apple Dumpling Gang? It's one of my all-time faves. Do you have a report?

Bama ED

PS-I think the Mayor of Fort Wilderness, Stacktester, counts this as one of his faves too; not that I'm name dropping or anything....... :rotfl:

Bama ED

Hi neighbor, we are in 710. You can see our sign. We are hiding from the heat. Dinner resies at 6 Crystal Palace. Not going out til then. Jaden is drawing more chalk artwork on the cement. Say Hi if you go by.

I saw your green Mickey sign and told my DH that I thought that might be a Disboard member. I also saw the lovely house drawn on your driveway.

I hope we will get the chance to say Hi. We pass by several times each day to take the dogs to the dog walk.

Did you make it to the movie on the 16th to see Apple Dumpling Gang? It's one of my all-time faves. Do you have a report?

Bama ED

PS-I think the Mayor of Fort Wilderness, Stacktester, counts this as one of his faves too; not that I'm name dropping or anything....... :rotfl:

Bama ED

No we didn't. Although I think I was the only one who really wanted to see it. It rained late that evening and I wasn't sure if the movie would be showing.

I am taking pictures (when I remember to bring the camera) and will try to get my DH to post some tonight if he has the chance. I don't really have a report but I will try to post some of the things that we have seen and done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter