• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We loved the DP!

darnheather

DIS Veteran
The four of us (Spouse, me, DD12 and DD7) loved the dinning plan. We never had a bad meal and nearly every meal was Grade A! We shared quick service breakfast and lunch with no problem. Had snacks each afternoon and a sit down dinner. My favorite was Boma, Spouse's favorite was 1900 Park Fair, DD12 loved Whispering Canyon, and DD7's favorite was Kona because of the make your own sundae. Doing sit down dinners gave us the chance to relax at the end of the day and see several different resorts. The only meal that didn't get 5 stars was baked chicken at Cosmic Rays. The mashed potatoes and green beans however were great. And when I find the cable I'll upload some photos. Anyway if you get the free DP go with it! We never felt hungry and I enjoyed not stressing over how much everything costs.

We're big fans too. It doesn't work for everyone, it depends on how you eat - but I'm glad it worked out for you!! Sounds like you had a great time!

:thumbsup2So glad you enjoyed DP--We love it!! We've gotten it Free for several trips and it's great!!

The four of us (Spouse, me, DD12 and DD7) loved the dinning plan. We never had a bad meal and nearly every meal was Grade A! We shared quick service breakfast and lunch with no problem. Had snacks each afternoon and a sit down dinner. My favorite was Boma, Spouse's favorite was 1900 Park Fair, DD12 loved Whispering Canyon, and DD7's favorite was Kona because of the make your own sundae. Doing sit down dinners gave us the chance to relax at the end of the day and see several different resorts. The only meal that didn't get 5 stars was baked chicken at Cosmic Rays. The mashed potatoes and green beans however were great. And when I find the cable I'll upload some photos. Anyway if you get the free DP go with it! We never felt hungry and I enjoyed not stressing over how much everything costs.

Glad you had a great trip and loved the DDP. We also enjoy the DDP and although it doesn't work for everyone like the pp mentioned, it does work for some people and I'm glad you found that it works for you and your family :goodvibes.

We used the QSDP last January during the stay/play/dine promo and loved it! I am a big penny pincher, so it was sooo nice to not worry about how much everything cost. I know if we were paying OOP, I would be ooogling the menus and stressing about how much everything cost. We lucked out and got a FD pin for this coming trip and we are looking forward to using the dining plan again. No complaints about the food...heck, I'm just happy to not actually have to cook for an ENTIRE WEEK! :cool1:

We loved it too! Had the DDP and my husband and I really enjoyed most of our meals and there was plenty of food to feed our twins off our plates.

I'm sooooooo glad to hear a positive view of the dining plan! There's so much negativity on here about it (and really everything lol) but we found that it'll work great for us, saving over $200.

We love it too! I love that I don't have to worry about the fact that DH and DS12 will ALWAYS want the most expensive thing on the menu. I swear they could pick out the most expensive thing even if no prices were listed. lol

We love the FD plan when we went last month. We had the DP on previous trips but this was the first time we got it free. There are always great places to eat and even the QSDP is a bargan when its free!! :thumbsup2

I am very relieved to see that it does work for some families. We are getting the standard plan and I think it will be good for us, but there is so much negativity about it, that I was really starting to worry that I'd made a poor choice. There are 6 of us, 4 adults, DD- 3 and DS- 5. All of us are hearty eaters and we have a number of character meals scheduled. I doubt that we will be one of those families with a bunch of credits left over. Maybe the kids won't always clean their plates but the cost of their plan is pretty low. Who knows, I might be wrong though.

So glad it worked for you! In January it will be our first trip in like 7years when we won't have a ddp.
I am going to miss it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter