We love Donald Duck, oh yes we do! - Link to the PTR - COMPLETE

So far so good! Great pics as usual. I don't like meat on bones either. Everyone in my family thinks I am weird so I love knowing there are others likes me :rotfl2:

Whew! I read your entire TR today and wanted to pop in to say thanks for sharing. My "baby" turned 8 on Monday and seeing the pics of your son reminded me of our first WDW trip when he was almost 3. Thank you for bringing back those great memories.:yay:

This took me over a week to read.
I would sneak it in during work hours.
I wish we would of bought into DVC when our kids were little.

I loved all your pictures of Henry from birth to the present.

There were so many things I wanted to comment on.
I didn't read anything in between, just your posts,
but did you ever figure out why Henry became sick again?
I'm almost thinking it was some molar's coming in.

MeMom! Wait, a second. What are you doing here?!?! Shouldn't you be at Disney?! I havent been on the DIS much this weekend, so I haven't read your TR lately. Oh, I hope your trip didn't get canceled because of your cold!!!!!! :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: I hope I'm just getting my days mixed up and you leave this week or something...please, please, please...

If Henry is anything like my brother in his teenage years, I'll be gray at a young age. ;) Hopefully he's just like Joe, relaxed, responsible and doesn't do silly stuff! Though, I'm sure there will be some of that regardless...

We leave Wednesday morning. We should be at Pop Century before lunchtime. I'm still struggling with it a bit, but I know we will have a great time when we get there. It will just be so, so different without any of the kids with me - and especially without Brooklynn.

Ah, that's right-your sister, The Saint. Seriously, how does she do it?! I know another gal, her little ones are less than a year apart too. Just amazing. Takes a special woman (and man)!!

ENJOY BEING SINGLE! I love being married, but man, live up that single life while you got it! :rotfl:

She seems to manage just fine actually. The first was defniitely planned, (in fact there seemed to be some difficulty having the first one,) but the second happened quite unexpectedly. They definitely seem to be any hurry for #3 though... Then again, my Mom raised five, with none of us all that far apart (With the exception of my youngest sister who's less than a month from having a son of her own, there's no more than two years between any of us.)

As for me, I think I've spent long enough being single by now, and I'm starting to get kinda' sick of it. The whole bachelor bit is fun for a while, but being 30 (nearly 31) and single definitely wasn't in my plans.

I'm all caught up finally!! Laughed out loud at you changing Henry in the Ghetto Gas Station! Ha-llarious! So something I'd do. And I cried at your picture time line!! I made it a habit with both boys to take pictures of them on their month birthdays. I don't remember when I stopped it with Dash but I'm still doing it for Jack-Jack. One of these days I plan to get them all printed and framed in a collage frame. When Jack-Jack was about 3 months old I made a slide show with music... and sat there and bawled. I keep meaning to make another one now that he's a year old but don't know if I can handle the mess that I'll be afterwards!!

Dash was an unplanned surprise... so I understand how you felt when you first found out. It's amazing what little life changers they are, for sure!! And no one can blame you for being fearful of the unknown. I felt the same way when we decided to have another one... wondering what it would be like, should we add to the family when we were so in love with Dash, was it fair? How could I love another child as much? And now I can't imagine our lives without Jack-Jack.

And I'm quite sure I'll do the same if/when we decide to have a third one. My sister sent me flowers when I had Dash and the card read "Now the real meaning of Faith begins" and she was totally 100% right.

Just saw your update after I posted so I'm editing!! ( I know-that's cheating) YAY for pixie dust!!! It's amazing what the 4 1/2 months in age difference between Henry and Jack-Jack makes!! He was barely eating crackers and bites of pizza at our trip and Henry was putting down whole hot dogs. It's really cool to read about Henry and kinda see where Jack-Jack's going next!

Glad you liked the chicken... I'm weird about eating anything off the bone and suddenly about 6 months ago I decided I liked chicken wings. :confused3

Can't wait for moreeeeeeeeee!

While I wrote the Ghetto Gas chapter I was actually thinking of you and your bit on the plane! Gotta do whatcha gotta do, right? :laughing:

We do the 1 month birthdays with Henry too. It's really fun to look back at those. Each month, on the couch. I think it was his 13 month pic he was so squirrelly, I don't think he's even looking in the camera's direction in any of them! That is a great idea about the collage...we started doing it to make the photo CD sorta thing like you mentioned...which we never have done. :rolleyes1 But, I bet I'd be a bawling mess too if/when we do it!

Those same questions come into my mind when I entertain the idea of a second child. How would it work? Could I love him/her as much? Would Henry feel left out or ignored? Then I realize how many thousands of babies are born as the second, third, fourth, etc. child and how the parents do make it work? More kids, more love! (but less sanity for Mommy perhaps...;))

I LOVE that saying from the card! Sooooooooo true. And with two even more so! How perfect.

The 4.5 months is crazy! Henry has changed SO STINKIN' much from 12 months. It's like overnight and they can suddenly feed themselves with a spoon or fork, eat Kids Meals at the local diner and carry on a conversation (sorta) with you! It's amazing.

Glad I'm not alone on the meat on a bone thing! I can do wings sometimes...and if they are spicy I'm even more able to do them!

Sorry you didn't like the latte. As much of a coffee junkie as I am, I love the latte ;)

Oh and the Main Street dancers....I loooooooooove those guys :)

I loved the latte in a sense that it wasn't Nescafe! :rotfl:

I love the Main Street dancers too! They are so fun to watch, those pics of some of my favoirtes-it's just "so Disney".

Just love your reports! Great writing and pics. Also was very touched by your post about Henry. Such a sweet boy! I also have a Sep 1 baby. She is a year older though. We go on our first trip in May!

Thank you! :goodvibes Glad to hear you have been enjoying the TR. I bet your daughter is GONNA LOVE DISNEY WORLD! It's so much fun watching them see it all and take it in. :thumbsup2

omg I so want that Minnie Mouse apron!

:rotfl2: It's stinkin' cute! I might get the potholders in December. I don't cook enough to actually justify an apron (nor do I have a place to store it), but I do HATE our current potholders!

just got back yesterday and finally got caught up. What a sweet mommy story. I've been there too, and it's amazing the love you can feel instantly for your child.

Welcome home! I'm looking forward to reading all about it!!!!!! :dance3:

The mother/child bond is amazing-it's a beautiful miracle!

Aaaawwwll what a perfect day so far. It sounds like all is happy in the land of Mickey. Cant wait to hear more! That chicken looks great.

It was a perfect day! We really felt the flow and the magic that day - and it only gets better! :yay:

How nice of Mickey and the CM to give you cheesecake and grapes! :thumbsup2

I will have to remember the Studio Catering Company -- it sounds like an excellent CS choice!

Henry and Joe are so adorable playing at the playground!

I was really touched by her extra pixie dust! And Henry was thrillllllled! :rotfl2: The cheesecake was pretty tasty too. We really enjoyed the food here, I couldn't believe how good the chicken was-I devoured it even though I wasn't all that hungry.

We had such a fun time tromping around with Henry at the playground. Gave us parents and excuse to go through all the tunnels. ;)

So far so good! Great pics as usual. I don't like meat on bones either. Everyone in my family thinks I am weird so I love knowing there are others likes me :rotfl2:

People think I'm weird because of it too! You aren't alone!!!! :hug: :laughing:

Whew! I read your entire TR today and wanted to pop in to say thanks for sharing. My "baby" turned 8 on Monday and seeing the pics of your son reminded me of our first WDW trip when he was almost 3. Thank you for bringing back those great memories.:yay:

Whoa, that's a lot to read! Thanks for joining and reading it! I'm so glad my TR brought back good memories for you, I'm sure that was an awesome trip!

This took me over a week to read.
I would sneak it in during work hours.
I wish we would of bought into DVC when our kids were little.

I loved all your pictures of Henry from birth to the present.

There were so many things I wanted to comment on.
I didn't read anything in between, just your posts,
but did you ever figure out why Henry became sick again?
I'm almost thinking it was some molar's coming in.

We never really nailed it down to something specific-but it appeared just to be a random bug, and perhaps a mix of a wound up bellly due to excitement/nerves/new place/messed up schedule. I didn't know it at the time, but have learned here from other DIS Moms that milk only aggravates a bug like that too-its the hardest thing to digest.

The last time, in November, he was truly getting over a bug that he had caught just before we left. He was better by our second day--Joe and I on the other hand, not so much! :headache: This time, I think he just caught something similar... the kicker is he was completely healthy between the two trips! December WILL BE illness free for this family at Disney World!! Or else! ;)

We leave Wednesday morning. We should be at Pop Century before lunchtime. I'm still struggling with it a bit, but I know we will have a great time when we get there. It will just be so, so different without any of the kids with me - and especially without Brooklynn.

Oh whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD. I got all worked up there for a bit! It will be a wonderful trip! Different, but wonderful. You can bring back Brooklyn a little surprise, tell her Princess Ariel is eagerly waiting to see her soon, and can't wait to meet her little sister! :goodvibes

She seems to manage just fine actually. The first was defniitely planned, (in fact there seemed to be some difficulty having the first one,) but the second happened quite unexpectedly. They definitely seem to be any hurry for #3 though... Then again, my Mom raised five, with none of us all that far apart (With the exception of my youngest sister who's less than a month from having a son of her own, there's no more than two years between any of us.)

As for me, I think I've spent long enough being single by now, and I'm starting to get kinda' sick of it. The whole bachelor bit is fun for a while, but being 30 (nearly 31) and single definitely wasn't in my plans.

That is amazing about your Mom and your sister. I'm truly in awe. Child rearing is NOT an easy job-but some women just are able to do it with natural grace no matter what. I *attempt* to be one of them...and fail miserably more often than not! :laughing:

As for the girl...I'm sure she's coming soon. If the desire to be married is there, it will happen! I didn't marry until I was 28, Joe was 29. I have a good friend, and she didn't marry until 30, her husband was 33. So, the right girl is out there---there are a few single Disney lovin' gals on this TR and a few other ones I read too...:rolleyes1 ;)

Hi Brook!!!

Great pics at the playground, I have to say, again, that Henry looks so much bigger in these pics than your November trip....like a real little boy, not baby, anymore. It's crazy!! I'm with you though, I'm still calling Cole (20+mos.) "baby"....and the reality is, since he is our last little one....he may be 30 and I'll still be calling him that! Poor guy!! LOL!!:lmao:

Your lunch at DHS sounds great and what a guy that Mickey is getting you some free dessert!! And what a nice CM to take care of your little guy, too! Got to love that Disney magic!!:wizard: We ate at Studio catering in December and were pretty impressed by it, too. Can't remember what we had, but it was delish and I would go there again, as well. I'm with you though..chicken on the bone isn't my thing either, but glad to hear it was good!!

Can't wait to hear the next installment...Dut dut loves Henry!!! But who couldn't love Henry he is SO stinkin' cute!!:lovestruc

Henry looks like he is having so much fun on the playground! Hehehe. You all get so much free food! You are like free food magnets. :lmao: The grapes look delicious!

You were having a perfect day at DHS! I really like that park... the architecture, the themeing.... :wizard:
I agree with LL, you ARE a food magnet! Maybe I could borrow Henry the next time we go! :rotfl:
Our DS became a pin magnet... several CM's gave him an extra pin when he would trade with them. He thought that was very cool! The CM's at Disney are just so nice. :thumbsup2

What a coincidence. On our trip in Feb, we had lunch at Studio Catering and received a gift too. The CM told us that since we got the special blue tray we were able to get a free dessert, cheesecake or chocolate cake. Since we already ordered a cheesecake we got the chocolate cake. Both were delish.

I'm glad you enjoyed the food at Studio Catering Co. as we plan on eating there next week. Ooh, that feels good I think I'll say it again - we plan on eating there next week. :hyper:

Loving the report so far, looking forward to reading more.

Hi Brook!!!

Great pics at the playground, I have to say, again, that Henry looks so much bigger in these pics than your November trip....like a real little boy, not baby, anymore. It's crazy!! I'm with you though, I'm still calling Cole (20+mos.) "baby"....and the reality is, since he is our last little one....he may be 30 and I'll still be calling him that! Poor guy!! LOL!!:lmao:

Your lunch at DHS sounds great and what a guy that Mickey is getting you some free dessert!! And what a nice CM to take care of your little guy, too! Got to love that Disney magic!!:wizard: We ate at Studio catering in December and were pretty impressed by it, too. Can't remember what we had, but it was delish and I would go there again, as well. I'm with you though..chicken on the bone isn't my thing either, but glad to hear it was good!!

Can't wait to hear the next installment...Dut dut loves Henry!!! But who couldn't love Henry he is SO stinkin' cute!!:lovestruc

He looks more and more like a "big boy" every day. Yesterday I kept seeing Toddler Henry. And he's talking more, and we actually have "conversations", it's crazy! And, a lot of fun! :goodvibes I'm near 30 and my Mom still calls me her baby...it only annoyed me during the teenage years, now I get it!

Mickey is a nice guy isn't he?!

You are so sweet with your comment about Henry! :hug: I love the next update, I can't wait to share it!!

Henry looks like he is having so much fun on the playground! Hehehe. You all get so much free food! You are like free food magnets. :lmao: The grapes look delicious!

:rotfl: Henry is a free food magnet!! (we love it! ;))

You were having a perfect day at DHS! I really like that park... the architecture, the themeing.... :wizard:
I agree with LL, you ARE a food magnet! Maybe I could borrow Henry the next time we go! :rotfl:
Our DS became a pin magnet... several CM's gave him an extra pin when he would trade with them. He thought that was very cool! The CM's at Disney are just so nice. :thumbsup2

I love the architecture at DHS too-it's so pretty! Henry loved the cars. :rolleyes:

That is so sweet about the CMs giving your DS an extra pin! I agree with you-most of the CMs are so nice-they go that extra step to spread the magic.

What a coincidence. On our trip in Feb, we had lunch at Studio Catering and received a gift too. The CM told us that since we got the special blue tray we were able to get a free dessert, cheesecake or chocolate cake. Since we already ordered a cheesecake we got the chocolate cake. Both were delish.

That's awesome! Was our tray blue too? I have to go back and look at the picture! It was very noisy in there at the time, so I didn't catch all what she said-maybe we had the special blue tray too?! Hmmm....

This is great thank you so much! Your son is such a cutie!

Thank you for reading! Glad to hear you are enjoying it. :goodvibes

I'm glad you enjoyed the food at Studio Catering Co. as we plan on eating there next week. Ooh, that feels good I think I'll say it again - we plan on eating there next week. :hyper:

Loving the report so far, looking forward to reading more.

NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: I LOVE it when I can say that. As of right now we are saying 267 days.

Sigh.

I think that's down to 38 Mondays. :laughing:

Studio Catering was very tasty-I was impressed. I hope it's as good for you NEXT STINKIN' WEEK! :woohoo:

Don't you love how the Disney CMs always go above and beyond?! :goodvibes: I'm glad you had a good lunch!

Great update! I love the pictures of Henry in the playground!!!

Your day at DHS is turning out to be wonderful! I'm so glad Henry got better. I love your flashback and pictures of him. He's a special little guy!

Thanks for the food review and pics Brookelizabeth. I've been wary of chicken on the bone at Disney since the HORRIBLE chicken meal we had at Tusker House in 06. It was so bad I don't think I've had anything chicken (other than strips now nuggets) since then at Disney. Glad to hear this was done well, I may be ready for another try on the next trip. ;)

Don't you love how the Disney CMs always go above and beyond?! :goodvibes: I'm glad you had a good lunch!

Yes! It's just another reason that makes Disney World so amazing. :thumbsup2

That was a cute update!

Thank you! My favorite moment of the trip is coming up-it's super cute!

Great update! I love the pictures of Henry in the playground!!!

Thanks! I love the pic of him and Joe with the mushroom, they just look teeny! Henry had such a ball in there, I can't wait to let him loose again in December!

Your day at DHS is turning out to be wonderful! I'm so glad Henry got better. I love your flashback and pictures of him. He's a special little guy!

It was a perfect day, we had such a great time at DHS! He is a special little boy...so special! :goodvibes

Thanks for the food review and pics Brookelizabeth. I've been wary of chicken on the bone at Disney since the HORRIBLE chicken meal we had at Tusker House in 06. It was so bad I don't think I've had anything chicken (other than strips now nuggets) since then at Disney. Glad to hear this was done well, I may be ready for another try on the next trip. ;)

I so understand-I'm that way too-once its "tainted" me, it makes it VERY hard to do again...I can't hardly choke down Sweet & Sour Chicken because of a bad experience back in 99! This was VERY good chicken though...if you give it a try, I hope it goes well! :thumbsup2

Ok, the 18 month post has me in tears too. Why o why did I scroll back that far? ;) He's a doll Brook. An absolute cutie pie.

I love the new updates. Gifts from Mickey are always good. :) The chicken looks yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter