• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We love CSR and we cannot not lie!

Siesta's is CS. It was a real relaxing time at the pool. We could get us a cocktail while the kids went up and down the slide a jillion times. It's great having Lifeguards everywhere. We felt like it was a totally safe environment for all of us. We were at one of the parks for the second time and the kids asked if we could leave and go swimming. We told them that we should enjoy the park while we're here and they said, "Please. You can relax and have a margarita while we swim." Needless to say, we left.

PM was good to us. Of course there were some items that didn't look appetizing and my DD didn't like her pizza, but there's not a place that I've been where we like absolutely everything on the menu. There's enough there to find something that's good. The sandwich/salad bar looked really refreshing.

Housekeeping did what they were supposed to do . . . cleaned our room. We didn't get any extra service above and beyond that, but it won't keep us from tipping them.

Caren said:
I didn't say that I don't like CSR. This was my fourth stay there (my first convention) and it's a lovely resort--the pool is fabulous. I've had some very nice meals there in the past, but last week's offerings were dismal. Much of the food tasted like it was just plain old--I had a biscuit that seemed to have been baked days ago and a lukewarm enchilada made with chicken that tasted as if it had been sitting in the refrigerator for a week. Those of you that haven't eaten at the Pepper Market in a while may be in for an unpleasant surprise when you return.

Hi Caren!:)

I liked CSR too. The bus transportation was great, the pool is awesome, and I loved the hammocks. I particularly thought the resort was beautiful at night, and I felt very safe because of the great Disney security.

It is just that the food was bad. It seems that maybe only positive reviews are wanted here. Is that the case? Because if it is then that may be why all the reviews of Pepper Market are good? I'm really confused here. I don't know why people are jumping on us for stating our opinion of the food.

One of my friends that I ate with at PM LOVES Disney food. Her statement about the PM was that "It is not up to the Disney standard." It seems that this is something that people would want to know, but it kind of feels that our opinions are not wanted.

moonvine said:
Hi Caren!:)

I liked CSR too. The bus transportation was great, the pool is awesome, and I loved the hammocks. I particularly thought the resort was beautiful at night, and I felt very safe because of the great Disney security.

It is just that the food was bad. It seems that maybe only positive reviews are wanted here. Is that the case? Because if it is then that may be why all the reviews of Pepper Market are good? I'm really confused here. I don't know why people are jumping on us for stating our opinion of the food.

One of my friends that I ate with at PM LOVES Disney food. Her statement about the PM was that "It is not up to the Disney standard." It seems that this is something that people would want to know, but it kind of feels that our opinions are not wanted.

I think they're remembering what used to be. I've stayed at the Coronado before and, although I do remember one rather sad stir fry at the Pepper Market, I remember the food being generally much better. The Maya Grill used to have more adventurous Mexican-inspired menu and was a downright great place to eat. I didn't eat at the Maya Grill this time after I heard several reports of mediocre food and one report of food poisoning.

But you were there, you know that at this convention we had 2,000 people sitting around talking about how bad the food was.

I'll still stay at the Coronado, but I certainly won't plan to eat there.

Sorry for your experiences moonvine & caren. We've had nothing but good luck I guess. The Pepper Market food has always been great, among the best at WDW. As I mentioned earlier, the poll on THIS THREAD seems to support my experiences but hey, I'm just one person. I know I LOVE the wet burrito, the ribeye, the cesaer salads...all great!

FYI: I've never stayed at CSR before so I can't "remember what it used to be" at PM. I thought the food was fine. There's places that I think the food is awful and people disagree. It's fine to disagree. Just relax and try not to take things so personal. No one's out to prove anyone wrong or upset anyone. It's all opinions which should be well taken.

keekeeb said:
FYI: I've never stayed at CSR before so I can't "remember what it used to be" at PM. I thought the food was fine. There's places that I think the food is awful and people disagree. It's fine to disagree. Just relax and try not to take things so personal. No one's out to prove anyone wrong or upset anyone. It's all opinions which should be well taken.

ITA! This is not directed at anyone inparticular, I just notice this all the time on here.

Why is it not ok to post your experience and say that you didn't like the food, room, whatever? These are the real life experiences of real people. :confused3 Even the best hotels have bad days. They could be great 99% of the time, but someone may have visited on that 1% day and got a different experience. No problem. :)

I have heard so many bad reports on CSR in the six years I have been on this board, I can't even count them. Does that mean that I won't ever try CSR? NO WAY!! :teeth: I wanted to book it this time, but CSR doesn't fit our family of 5. I was really bummed.

So why do I still want to try CSR? Because of 1) all the other great reports 2) the theming really appeals to me 3) reports of better bus transportation and finally 4) because of great sites like Buzz2001. That totally rocks!!

If I were to stay there and got bad food, I would eat somewhere else. I would come to this board after my trip and say our food was horrible so we ate somewhere else. I certainly hope I wouldn't be discounted just because I had something bad to say.

I one that loves to hear the good, the bad and the ugly. I use it as info to make my decision. No biggie. Most times, you really have to try it out for yourself anyway, but the info is still helpful, none the less. :)

It's fine to post bad, good or indifferent experiences on any WDW resort or restaurant but you can expect that others, including myself, not to post our experiences. If someone post a bad experience, no one is saying it can not happen, but I'm going to post what happen to me. CSR isn't going to close up because 1, 2 or 100 DIS'ers don't care for it or the PM.

I would never let anything I read here influence my decision on what to see, try, eat or stay. People are just too different in their likes and dislikes.

Buzz2001 said:
Sorry for your experiences moonvine & caren. We've had nothing but good luck I guess. The Pepper Market food has always been great, among the best at WDW. As I mentioned earlier, the poll on THIS THREAD seems to support my experiences but hey, I'm just one person. I know I LOVE the wet burrito, the ribeye, the cesaer salads...all great!

I'm sensing that something has changed in food service at the Coronado.

By the way, I had the wet burrito last week, having heard great things about it. it was okay, although I do find it oddly disturbing that they seem to get their meat filling from the same source as Taco Bell. Not great, just okay.

Hey Mom of Sleepy . . .

I know what you mean. I'm almost sorry I posted my trip. I just didn't want anyone thinking I was "jumping on them" :Pinkbounc so I mentioned that it's ok to disagree.

If it makes everyone feel better: I did see something at PM that I'm still curious as to what in the heck it was. I guess that's why I didn't go stir fry :rotfl2:

Yes, thanks for your repeort. Glad you had a good time. we absolutely love it there, too! :goodvibes

Buzz2001 said:
It's fine to post bad, good or indifferent experiences on any WDW resort or restaurant but you can expect that others, including myself, not to post our experiences. If someone post a bad experience, no one is saying it can not happen, but I'm going to post what happen to me. CSR isn't going to close up because 1, 2 or 100 DIS'ers don't care for it or the PM.

I would never let anything I read here influence my decision on what to see, try, eat or stay. People are just too different in their likes and dislikes.
Of course, it's fine to post your own experiences with a particular resort, restaurant, etc. But what I find unnecessary (and what I believe others on these boards notice) is that when someone posts a bad experience, and then others have a comeback that tries to make the poster look wrong, listing a whole slew of threads from way back to prove them wrong. Or saying something like "Gee, that's too bad for you, but everyone else loves ____!" That's what I meant in an earlier post when I said it's like kids arguing on here.

Buzz2001 said:

See, I rely on this board to help me make my decisions on what to see, try, eat or stay:) So that is a big difference. Only my choice of hotel was dictated by the convention I attended - most of my other decisions came from what I read on this board.

Caren said:
I'm sensing that something has changed in food service at the Coronado.

By the way, I had the wet burrito last week, having heard great things about it. it was okay, although I do find it oddly disturbing that they seem to get their meat filling from the same source as Taco Bell. Not great, just okay.
I should rephrase, I like the chicken wet burrito. I don't care for the meat one either.

binky said:
Of course, it's fine to post your own experiences with a particular resort, restaurant, etc. But what I find unnecessary (and what I believe others on these boards notice) is that when someone posts a bad experience, and then others have a comeback that tries to make the poster look wrong, listing a whole slew of threads from way back to prove them wrong. Or saying something like "Gee, that's too bad for you, but everyone else loves ____!" That's what I meant in an earlier post when I said it's like kids arguing on here.
You have to because for folks like moonvine who rely on this board to make decisions, you have to show both sides of the resort/restaurant not just a loopsided view. If you came on here and only read caren and moonvine's experience, then some would opt not to try it.

moonvine said:
See, I rely on this board to help me make my decisions on what to see, try, eat or stay:) So that is a big difference. Only my choice of hotel was dictated by the convention I attended - most of my other decisions came from what I read on this board.
But then you may miss trying something you may like just because someone else didn't like it.

keekeeb said:
Hey Mom of Sleepy . . .

I know what you mean. I'm almost sorry I posted my trip. I just didn't want anyone thinking I was "jumping on them" :Pinkbounc so I mentioned that it's ok to disagree.

If it makes everyone feel better: I did see something at PM that I'm still curious as to what in the heck it was. I guess that's why I didn't go stir fry :rotfl2:
You have nothing to be sorry about. You posted your experience just like many others have, some good, some bad. That's the nature of these boards. You'll never find 100% agreement on anything.

It's funny how people get upset because posts are made showing positive experiences to show both sides. What does it matter if the thread is from yesterday or last month, it still shows an experience. Just because it doesn't agree with yours doesn't make it wrong to post.

I've always had great experiences at CSR and the Maya Grill and Pepper Market. Great food!!

From what I've read this summer, there have been way more positive CSR posts than negative. The Pepper Market has always been a hit or miss place, no big deal. Some like it some don't. You can say that about every place at WDW. It doesn't take away from the fact that CSR is a great resort, with terrific transportation and great food, well that's my opinion anyways. :love: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter