• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We love CSR and we cannot not lie!

I agee Lilolvr! 9 trips and counting to CSR and never a bad meal at the PM or a bad convention. CSR is the best mod!!

keekeeb said:
we were in our room (Casitas 5222). QUOTE]

How long of a walk is it from casitas 5 to the Dig Site. We requested Casistas 5 next week and I was just wondering...

Lilolvr said:
Not us. We love the food, best food court on property, and we love the fact it is a convention resort because it lessens the crowds on the buses and by the pool. We have never experienced bad conventioneers. To each his/her own. CSR rocks!!

Not us either. We love the food and have not run into a rude conventioneer yet!

Lilolvr said:
Not us. We love the food, best food court on property...

I spent all of last week there and I can emphatically tell you that last week it was not the best food court on property. The only bad meals I had at WDW all week were at the Pepper Market. Oh, and the meal they served to the convention was pretty bad, too.

Hey thanks KEEKEEB! :thumbsup2

As you can see from my "sig"--- we are trying to decide if we stay with what we know (POR) or go for change (CSR)? I need to take CBR off the list. We have decided NO on that one!

Thanks for the great review. My kiddos will be about the same age as yours when we go next OCT. And if there is one thing they "request", it's that the hotel has a GREAT pool!!

I think that we're almost there.... 70% CSR / 30% POR

Caren said:
I spent all of last week there and I can emphatically tell you that last week it was not the best food court on property. The only bad meals I had at WDW all week were at the Pepper Market. Oh, and the meal they served to the convention was pretty bad, too.
Wow, that stinks for you. :stir:

Good thing lots of others don't share you sentiment. Pepper Market.

Oh my gosh! I'm a 3rd grade teacher, and I feel like I'm on duty at recess listening to kids arguing :confused3

Caren said:

Have we come to the Conclusion that you didnt like CSR, time to move on......happy thoughts please.... wishing you pixiedust: on your next vacation.... rachel <~~~~~~ who is SOOO excited to ck into CSR for the 1st time on reviews from DIS'rs@@

Thanks for the posts. I just booked in tonight for Christmas week 2006. I got a super great rate at $111.00 a night for standard including tax. Could not pass that up. Can't wait to see how it is decorated for Christmas. Sounds beautiful to begin with.

Glad you had a great trip! :goodvibes

We love CSR too! The pool is awesome! We were in the cabanas and it was great. I'm glad you loved it and hope you get to return again before very long!

Sounds like you had a great time at a great resort.

We can't decide if we want to stay here or ASMo. I'm driving DH crazy crazy crazy :crazy: because he says whichever (BIG help!) and I can't ask kids because we're surprising them with the trip........blah blah blah

Personally I think this place would be great but kids will be 7 and 10 and I think they'd like ASMo because it's sooooooooo disney. But I don't know........

I need therapy I know:upsidedow :scared: :crazy2:

Hey... question for all you CSR lovers. How is the bus service at CSR? Do they have their own or is it shared with another resort?

Thanks!

The walk from Casitas 5 wasn't bad at all. My feet were already sore from the parks, but I kept reminding myself that the hot tub is just around the corner! I would stay at Casitas again, but next time I think I'll request Ranchos because it is closer to the dig site, has a quiet pool (not really quiet) and laundry facilities. I didn't think I would do much laundry because we packed clothes for each day, but we all found that comfortable outfit to wear to the parks so we did laundry twice.

The PM was good. The omelets were awesome, cheeseburgers/fries were typical burgers and fries, pasta was really good, DH loved the burritos and the kids food was acceptable to the kids. Dessert? Whoa! Pants are a little snug thanks to the dessert.

The Maya Grill. Steak was awesome. It was really tender. DH's steak was dropped by the waiter so we had to wait another 15 minutes, but hey, it happens. He apologized and we drank a glass of wine while waiting and kids had a non-alcoholic daq.

The Dig Site. So relaxing. It wasn't busy at all. Hearing the water coming down the pyramind made you feel as if you were actually in the Carribbean. The pool is so big that you have plenty of room to play with the kids without distracting others. The slide was faster than I had expected. When adults go down, the kids think it's pretty funny. The water felt awesome and the pool/hot tub was extremely clean. With that many people in and out, I was amazed as to how clean the whole entire pool area was. I lost my sunglasses on a Universal ride. I couldn't find a pair that I liked in the hotel gift shop, but there was a gift cart by the pool and I found a pair for only $15. The prices were great.

Siestas. This is a pool bar and snack bar within the dig site. We were on the DDP and the CS selections were awesome. Chicken strips, cajun fries, hot wings, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, etc. It was funny to see how many kids would go to the pool bar and ask for a non-alcohol strawberry daq. And each time, Max would say, "Sorry honey we don't have that. THe only non-alcohol drink we have besides sodas is Blue Razz, Strawberry, and Orange slushes". Some of the kids would bring their parent back and the parent would question why he couldn't make a non-alcohol daq. They couldn't get it through their head that the daq's are pre-made. HELLO!!! Needless to say those were the spoiled kids. Blue Razz is a hit with the kids. Each trip to the pool our kids would go by and say, "Hi Max", jump in the pool, go down the slide, then head over to Siesta's for a Blue Razz.

Transportation. Let's just say that we were one of those families who were thinking, "Those people have to share a bus with other resorts. We'll be in bed before they get to their resort!" CSR pampers you. Don't you think you should be pampered after a long day at the park? And Casitas are the first stop on the bus route. If you need a ride from your room to the lobby, dig site, etc., just call the lobby and they'll try to get a golf cart to you. The only time we called was when we were checking out and they came to get our luggage.

Housekeeping. We tipped them each day, but I kept asking myself if we should be because they didn't go out of their way to say "thanks". Out of all the employees at CSR, housekeeping wasn't as friendly. They barely spoke when you passed by. They did the usual 'picking up' your room, made the beds, restocked the shampoo/soap and wiped down the counters and tub.

More to come. I better get back to work before I get caught and put on a permanent vacation!!!

Thanks so much for your reviews. We are so excited to be staying at CSR for the first time in Dec. I love the southwestern theming (grew up in Calif) and thanks to Buzz and posters like you, we are confident in our decision to stay there.

*love*2*shop said:
Have we come to the Conclusion that you didnt like CSR, time to move on......happy thoughts please.... wishing you pixiedust: on your next vacation.... rachel <~~~~~~ who is SOOO excited to ck into CSR for the 1st time on reviews from DIS'rs@@

I didn't say that I don't like CSR. This was my fourth stay there (my first convention) and it's a lovely resort--the pool is fabulous. I've had some very nice meals there in the past, but last week's offerings were dismal. Much of the food tasted like it was just plain old--I had a biscuit that seemed to have been baked days ago and a lukewarm enchilada made with chicken that tasted as if it had been sitting in the refrigerator for a week. Those of you that haven't eaten at the Pepper Market in a while may be in for an unpleasant surprise when you return.

keekeeb said:
The walk from Casitas 5 wasn't bad at all. My feet were already sore from the parks, but I kept reminding myself that the hot tub is just around the corner! I would stay at Casitas again, but next time I think I'll request Ranchos because it is closer to the dig site, has a quiet pool (not really quiet) and laundry facilities. I didn't think I would do much laundry because we packed clothes for each day, but we all found that comfortable outfit to wear to the parks so we did laundry twice.

The PM was good. The omelets were awesome, cheeseburgers/fries were typical burgers and fries, pasta was really good, DH loved the burritos and the kids food was acceptable to the kids. Dessert? Whoa! Pants are a little snug thanks to the dessert.

The Maya Grill. Steak was awesome. It was really tender. DH's steak was dropped by the waiter so we had to wait another 15 minutes, but hey, it happens. He apologized and we drank a glass of wine while waiting and kids had a non-alcoholic daq.

The Dig Site. So relaxing. It wasn't busy at all. Hearing the water coming down the pyramind made you feel as if you were actually in the Carribbean. The pool is so big that you have plenty of room to play with the kids without distracting others. The slide was faster than I had expected. When adults go down, the kids think it's pretty funny. The water felt awesome and the pool/hot tub was extremely clean. With that many people in and out, I was amazed as to how clean the whole entire pool area was. I lost my sunglasses on a Universal ride. I couldn't find a pair that I liked in the hotel gift shop, but there was a gift cart by the pool and I found a pair for only $15. The prices were great.

Siestas. This is a pool bar and snack bar within the dig site. We were on the DDP and the CS selections were awesome. Chicken strips, cajun fries, hot wings, hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, etc. It was funny to see how many kids would go to the pool bar and ask for a non-alcohol strawberry daq. And each time, Max would say, "Sorry honey we don't have that. THe only non-alcohol drink we have besides sodas is Blue Razz, Strawberry, and Orange slushes". Some of the kids would bring their parent back and the parent would question why he couldn't make a non-alcohol daq. They couldn't get it through their head that the daq's are pre-made. HELLO!!! Needless to say those were the spoiled kids. Blue Razz is a hit with the kids. Each trip to the pool our kids would go by and say, "Hi Max", jump in the pool, go down the slide, then head over to Siesta's for a Blue Razz.

Transportation. Let's just say that we were one of those families who were thinking, "Those people have to share a bus with other resorts. We'll be in bed before they get to their resort!" CSR pampers you. Don't you think you should be pampered after a long day at the park? And Casitas are the first stop on the bus route. If you need a ride from your room to the lobby, dig site, etc., just call the lobby and they'll try to get a golf cart to you. The only time we called was when we were checking out and they came to get our luggage.

Housekeeping. We tipped them each day, but I kept asking myself if we should be because they didn't go out of their way to say "thanks". Out of all the employees at CSR, housekeeping wasn't as friendly. They barely spoke when you passed by. They did the usual 'picking up' your room, made the beds, restocked the shampoo/soap and wiped down the counters and tub.

More to come. I better get back to work before I get caught and put on a permanent vacation!!!
Too bad you did not like the housekeeping. We tipped and would get tons of extra soaps, towels, etc. They also set up the kids stuffed animal and did fancy things with the towles (not animals, but fans and stuff like that). They always said hello and one day a housekeeper called my son over to give him a Mickey balloon. Obviously, it was left by someone after checkout, but it was as good as new and ds was delighted!

We leave for CSR two weeks from today!! I can't wait!! I picked CSR because of all the great reviews. We know that we will absolutely love it. I requested 9B but I know that the main resort for the Tom Joyner Reunion is CSR. Does anyone know if that will help me with room choice or hurt me?

keekeeb- Thanks for the fabulous report! I have a question about Siestas- you were able to use the DDP for CS meals there? I have been reading that it was not accepted at the pool bar- if it is, that is great news! Sounds like a relaxing way to have lunch!

Buzz2001 said:
Wow, that stinks for you. :stir:

Good thing lots of others don't share you sentiment. Pepper Market.

I thought the Pepper Market was awful, too. I would not eat there again under any circumstances. But I have already posted my thoughts in the dining reviews section.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter