We lost our room I am very upset!

Dyana

Earning My Ears
We reserved our room the beginning of Sept CBR with the AAA rate. Standard room/smoking. When The codes came out Tues. I was so excited. Called the first thing in the morning and like everyone else held the line for an hour. The only rooms available we king rooms so I left everything as it was. When Dh got home from work I explained everything to him and we decided we wanted the standard room. I read the boards all day and saw that some people could apply the code to their rooms. So I called back and asked to apply the code to my existing reservation. She wasn't speaking clearly and the biggest part of the conversation was me telling her "I'm sorry could you please repeat that?". She gave me a total and I said "Is this being applied to my origional reservation?" She said "Do you want to confirm?' I said again " Is this being applied to my origional reservation?" She yelled " DO YOU WANT TO CONFIRM?" The only thought that was going through my mind was that I was going to lose my room so I said yes. We got our confirmation letter yeaterday and under room type it was blank. Dh called to be sure everything was ok and she gave us a king room/non smoking. All the rooms are booked and we now have exactly what we didn't want. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oh, I'm sorry.

I'd suggest you call back. Some of the CM's at the reservations center aren't very well trained. I've been lucky, the few times I've called, I've gotten an awsome rep. But if I didn't, I'd hang up and call back.

Good luck! I'm sure they'll get this mess straighted out for you!

Call back and explain the situation. If the CM cannot help you, ask to speak to a manager. If they cannot fix this to your satisfaction, I'd hang onto the reservation and keep calling back to check on possible cancellations.

I don't think they actually reserve the rooms as smoking or non-smoking, it's just a request, so I wouldn't worry about that part.

I'd cb too maybe guest services can fix it for you. We had a problem with CRO also. We have 2 Poly gv concierge rooms booked. At the time they only had 1 AP room so we took that and the next room we applied the CTV (Disney Visa) code to. Well I call everyday just to see if another AP room opened up--so far no. Well imagine my suprise when I get my confirmation letter today for my AP room that states CTV discount. I called CRO and they said I called and changed it to that. No I didnt change the room. Why would I call and change it to a higher amount?? There is not a lot of difference in the price but still the AP rate is better.
So I was put on hold forever (my battery on my phone gave out waiting). So I cb and 2 people then tell me I do have the passholder rate put in by guest services :confused: So I guess they fixed their mistake. But all in all it was pretty frustrating.

I did call back today and explained the situation to a very helpful cm. She is going to check for me daily and will call if a room opens up before we arrive 4/18. She also listed on my reservation that we would like smoking. From what I understand all king rooms are nonsmoking. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. This sure did turn into a mess.

We also had our first problem booking this trip... booked 2 akl deluxe then dh gave the ok to call and upgrade our rooms to concierge... when I got my ressies in the mail only one room had been upgraded... how crazy is this? CAlled back and explained the problem to superviser and was told sorry... nothing could be done... you can upgrade the other room at full price or down grade the concierge room. No working with me on the price... no apology...she even said 'you've got a good deal already"(7for 4deal)it hurt my feelings but it won't ruin my trip ... they did finally offer me preferred fireworks viewing... no, thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter