we leave tomorrow, quick luggage tag question

Jackiet123

Earning My Ears
We leave for Galveston tomorrow but ship doesn't leave until Saturday. We are flying, do we put the Disney luggage tags on from now or wait until we leave for the port at the hotel on Saturday? I keep thinking maybe I should put them on now in case luggage is lost, they can send it to the port in time. Thanks!

Don't put it on until you are ready to go to the port. It's only meaningful to the port staff, not airlines.

We leave for Galveston tomorrow but ship doesn't leave until Saturday. We are flying, do we put the Disney luggage tags on from now or wait until we leave for the port at the hotel on Saturday? I keep thinking maybe I should put them on now in case luggage is lost, they can send it to the port in time. Thanks!

I would wait til Saturday to put on the DCL tags. If your luggage is "delayed" (the airlines never admit to losing it) it will be tracked by the bar codes on the sticky-tags your home airport places on your bags. If you need to file a missing bag report at the Galveston airport, you would include a cell phone # so they can contact you about where to forward the bags. If they find it by Friday evening (which is generally the case) I would rather have the airlne deliver it to the hotel so you actually have it in your hot little hands instead of stressing about whether or not it will make it to the port before the ship sails.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter