We leave tomorrow and I'm nervous!!!

lmnholds

Mouseketeer
We leave tomorrow afternoon and after reading some of these threads I'm really nervous. People are saying the heat and crowds are unbearable. Is anyone there right now? Has anyone just come back and can say they had a great time despite the heat and crowds? I need some positive vibes sent my way!

I have gone in the summer and Yes it is hot. Just be prepared, take a mister fan and lots of water. Afternoon breaks for a swim and a nap can be a life saver. Don't try to do too much and enjoy the things you do do. Listen to your body when it tells you that it is tired and take a break!

There are always lines a WDW, but at the end of August it starts to get less crowded as kids are preparing for back to school. So that is a bonus!

Have a great trip!

We leave tomorrow afternoon and after reading some of these threads I'm really nervous. People are saying the heat and crowds are unbearable. Is anyone there right now? Has anyone just come back and can say they had a great time despite the heat and crowds? I need some positive vibes sent my way!

dont worry its ok my friend is down there now and she said the weather is bad because its hot but the crowdes arnt as bad as they say!! all i have is pixie dust for you and have loads of fun tomorrow:thumbsup2

It is undoubtedly hot but the crowds are definitely slowing down. Tons of kids started school today and even more throughout the week (and also wanting to get home to prepare for starting next week.)

Take breaks and have fun!

Well I'll send you some good vibes.. :goodvibes

Not to be a bigger a$$ then I normally am, you are going to Florida... In August... I would've kinda epected folks to expect it to be hot and miserable. Now crowds, since I know schools start around here next weekend, ehhhh that may be a crap shoot. Could still be crowded with folks getting their later summer vacation in..

So I'll send you :goodvibes for the crowds, but dont think there is much can be done about the heat..

We leave on Thursday morning and I have a sick kid! It seems to be a stomach virus, so hopefully it will be gone.

We went down this time 2 years ago, and yes, it was hot, but on the upside, the crowds weren't so bad, so you never had to wait in the heat for long. I am bringing back my mister fans that I paid $18 a pop for. Drink plenty of water.

Have fun.

Most of Florida public schools are back in session either this week or next and alot of school in the southeast have already started (my nephew started a week ago in Acworth, GA). So the crowds might not be as bad as you would expect.

The heat..... not to be a downer but I am in Northwest FL and we have been having temps in the 90's and with the heat index it can often feel like 115. At 6am the temps are already in the mid to upper 80's. Take plenty of water and slime on the sunscreen you definately don't want to get burned while there.

Hope you have a great trip. :)

HAVE FUN! I'm going in a week, and can not wait!

You've done tons of preparation to get you to this point! Just trust your instincts and you'll have a blast!

We were there about this time last year and the crowds were not too bad, they got progressively thinner (they were great the last week of the month) but it was very hot and humid. We had fun none-the-less. It wouldn't stop me from going back in the summer again (we going the end of September this year).

On the days we took afternoon breaks we would change our clothes to start out fresh & dry for the afternoon. And if you feel too hot, get a drink of water and duck into an air conditioned shop, show or ride. Don't let the heat scare you (or make you crabby). :)

have fun!!!

northwest florida here too....panama city beach!
and yes it has been HOT here!
make sure to take your fans and take breaks. when you get hot go in one of the stores to cool off we did this alot!

northwest florida here too....panama city beach!
and yes it has been HOT here!
make sure to take your fans and take breaks. when you get hot go in one of the stores to cool off we did this alot!

Hey I've been to Panama City Beach =D (a long time ago)

Anyway, back to the OP, my sister & her family just got back on Saturday. She did say it was super hot and because of that the kids especially got sweaty and grumpy. So I would remember to take breaks and drink lots of water. She also said there were crowds but that it wasn't unmanageable. She said they had a great time.

So stop worrying and go and have a great time!!

i just got back yesterday and it is so hot! and So crouded. The floridians do not got back to school till next week the 27th. So it will thin out. as others have said drink water. bring mister fans and mini fans. DOn't let anyone ruin your disney FUN or Magic. I wish you luck!:wizard:

We just got back and had a great time. It was hot but not unbearable. We sat and waited in shaddy spots and eat inside even at the CS resteraunts. It was crowded but also unbearable. Just use fastpass for the ride that have it. It was a great vacation. Try to go to a P&PP. It was the highlight of our vacation. It was cheaper than buying an all day ticket plus you can get in early (4pm). All of the rides are walk on during the party.

got back last week. it was hot, but it's AUGUST. in FLORIDA... when is it NOT????

crowds weren't as bad as i thought they would be, but go to your must see attraction 1st thing... otherwise be prepared for an hour wait soon after opening.

take breaks!!!!!!!!!!! go to the parks 1st thing, take a break around noon, and go back around 6 or 7 to the parks. it's still HOT AS HADIES, but it's cooled off a bit... and by a bit i mean just that. a bit. lol.

WATER WATER WATER is a must.

fork over the 20 bucks and buy a spray fan (or bring one from home) with good batteries... they help!

take time to look through gift shops.

take advantage of indoor restaurants and rides.

if an indoor ride has a time of 45 minutes or so, suck it up and wait... at least you're in the air conditioning!

above all else, listen to what your body tells you. if you feel tired or really hot. take a break. nothing is worse than being sick at disney!

HAVE FUN!

I'm really not worried about the heat and crowds. I'll deal with it. What I'm worried about that tropical wave thing out in the Atlantic that could become Felix because on flhurricane.com, they show a projected path aimed right at Central Florida. :(

I know it's early and anything can happen, but I sure wish they didn't show that.

We were there 8/7-8/16.
It was crowded, espically in the late morning and early afternoon. But it is starting the slow down now. A lot of schools start back this week. ( Present company included). Make your self HIT THE PARKS EARLY. Especially MK. Oddly enough... our last day there The park was open before 9:00 for some reason( It was NOT EMH) and they were not asking for room keys to prove we were resort guests.
We got there 8:40 walked right in... Main street not too busy... Fantasy land was almost deserted. We encountered no more than a 15 min wait most were walk right on.

You can always go back to the room and crash till early evening or sit poolside.THen hit it again if you find it too busy.

It's definitely hot now but on the plus side the crowds should be a bit better next week. As all have said, mister fans are great and water, water, water! Plus, stop in a/c and cool down. It is much harder to push really hard when the heat is that bad!

with the exception of one visit, everytime that my family and I have gone to WDW it is either June or August. I can tell you that of all the things I remember about the trip, the heat is NOT one of them. You will have a great time and when you come back you will be talking about all of the MAGIC that you experienced...Not about how hot you were!! Have a great time.
My trip is in 25 days!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter