We leave today

val2001

Mouseketeer
We are driving down to St. Augustine tonight and leave on the Wonder Thursday 6/24.

I have been so stressed this past week (and I thought a vacation was supposed to be relaxing).

Monday night when I started packing I realized my 7 yo dd's birth certificate was a hospital record, not the actual one. So I panicked big time. To make a long story short: after a sleepless night, I called the vital records office in Florida and they would not let my mom or sister pick up birth certificate, but they did say they would overnight and I got it this morning. YAY!

Now, let's not turn this thread into "everyone needs a passport". My dh and I do have passports and I had 3 months ago ordered certified birth certificate for my 4 yo dd. I just always thought the one I had for my 7 yo was a certified copy (I used the hospital one to register her for school with no problem it seems).

Anyway, I just wanted to post this as a reminder to anyone who has not taken their kids on a cruise before, be sure to check your identification carefully and don't wait until the last week like I did.

BTW, I would have packed these things earlier but we had been out of town for the week before on a different trip.

I understand the frustration, I am currently in search of my birth certificate too.... I am sure the certified copy is in the same place as my passport that I got in high school..... Now the question is ..... Where would that be?????
::yes::

I hope you have a WONDERful time on your trip.. just remember "stress is normal, it is calm you have to worry about!"

take a deep breath...let it out slowly...relax and enjoy. Have a wonderful cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter