We leave in two weeks for our cruise~Too late to get insurance?

CrunchyMountainMama

Earning My Ears
I am starting to worry about something happening and would like to get insurance. Is it too late? Our cruise leaves two weeks from tomorrow! :flower:

CrunchyMountainMama said:
I am starting to worry about something happening and would like to get insurance. Is it too late? Our cruise leaves two weeks from tomorrow! :flower:

Try going to travelguards website and see if you can book it or access america or any of the travel insurance websites.

CSA is okay, it has an A- rating. Try travelex, they have a better policy, A+ rating and better bang for the buck when you compare the two.
Go to insuremytrip.com and you can type in your info and compare them all. I just spent 2 days shopping for insurance for my trip in 7 weeks.

I do have personal experience with buying travel insurence the week of my Disney Cruise. I suprised my mother with a 50th birthday cruise on the 11/28/04 Wonder. Well as my luck would have it, 5 days before we left, my grandmother (mom's mother) had to have emergency surgery and my mother started saying that she was not going on the cruies. I got on the computer and searched trave insurence....while I did find some that I was unable to get because of the time frame, I found insuremytrip.com to be exactly what I needed. My friend (who is a former flight attendent) actually did the research for me and said that it looked like a good deal to her. I was offered trip insurence when I purchased the trip and I declined, but of course hindsight is always 20/20 and from now on, if I ever spend that much on a vacation....insurence will be mandatory!!!! Good luck and have a great trip!!!!

We leave in about a month, and just bought our trip insurance two days ago. We wanted it mostly for peace of mind protection if one of us gets sick last min., or God forbid hurt on the cruise and needs need medical attention. My work insurance will reimburse me for medical, but I gotta pay the bill first. Anyway, shop around a lot of choices out there take your time to compare policies and get the one that suits your families needs best. We went with www.tripinsurancestore.com this time out. When I called with questions, I got a real person on the phone quickly which is a real plus in my book.

Does the insurance have to be bought before you make your final payment, or can you wait until closer to your sailing date?

Minnie&Mickey said:
Does the insurance have to be bought before you make your final payment, or can you wait until closer to your sailing date?

Depends on if you want certain pre-existing conditions included in some policies. There are certain benefits if you buy within 14 or 21 days of deposit depending on the company, but overall you can wait until closer to sail date to purchase insurance. We found Travelex to be the best bet for us ..... we used insuremytrip.com to compare policies.

Insuremytrip.com is a great website to start doing the research on, but also go to the direct websites of the company you like as well. I had priced travel guard on Insuremytrip first and then actually got a better price and policy for what I needed right on travelguards own site. That particular policy didn't come up on the first site.

When I bought it for the DCL trip the plan specifically said it had to be purchased before final payment or the plan would not pay out. I can't remember which policy I selected...seems like it was CSA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter