We leave in 8 hours! Please help! KTTW ?

Jennay

Earning My Ears
Can we use travelers checks towards our KTTW card? If so, is there a mandatory deposit required? I've read that they require $500. minimum. If that's true, can we just pay the $500. minimum for both of our rooms as one account? What if we have no available credit cards to use? Will DCL deny you boarding if you don't have enough money to apply to your KTTW card? Or can you just have NO charging privelidges?

PLEASE HELP!!

i have seen people use travelers check for kttw. i don't know about linking 2 rooms to one account though.

i imagine you can decline charging privlidges but remember that means you cannot purchase anything (PHOTOS, PALO, ALCOHOL, SOUVINEERS, SPA SERVICES, EXCURSIONS) on board-they will not accept cash in any of these venues.

Jennay- Hello, It's Claudia...like you, I'm online getting last minute info for our cruise...I'm on w/you. Where did you read there was a minimum?

I'm looking at the payment authorization form in our ticket booklet and it says you can use cash/ travelers checks/ personal checks/ disney card/ and tons of regular credit cards...I see no minimum deposit though.

Just been researching these boards the last few hours.. doing searches on KTTW, onboard deposits, etc. Many conflict with others, that's why I'm asking. I'm just having this fear of being turned away for not enough money on my deposit. We don't plan on purchasing anything. With MAW they usually give you lots of "extras" with no extra charges. I'm not even packed yet i'm so stressed. :guilty:

I'm sorry your stressed...I'm not packed yet either...However, I don't see anything about a minimum onboard deposit...let me search the board....it does say you can use cash as long as your kttw card balance is paid in full before you get off the ship...i'm gonna look around

Thanks for your help. There's got to be a way to make this work. Would they really deny boarding? I have NO PROBLEM with squaring up the final bill. I'm worried about all the holds and such and want to do this with the travelers checks, just can't meet $1,000 for two rooms! That's why I asked about combining the two on one account. I'm sure it will work out, everything alway's has. Kinda silly to be so stressed right now, but with the month i've been having... :guilty:

Better get back to packing... if anyone else has anything to share, PLEASE DO!

Well...I would hate to be wrong, But it looks like you just put $250.00 cash on each room (500.00 total) in advance like a shipboard credit, use the cards till your done, IF you even use all that money...and you'll be fine. Once it's gone your done and you won't have any other charging privliges. I think the $500 deposit applies to people using a credit card only...disney wants to make sure they are going to get paid so they block off $500 and then let you charge up to the ammount. Since you are applying cash that rule won't apply to you...250. will be there for each room, so they technically don't need to "put a hold" on anything. Is anybody out there with me on this....or did I misunderstand this whole concept?

Just to show you a few people said
Yes, my cousin did just that last September..Gave 500$ cash, and went back to give extra, as there obviously is a cutoff....Worked out great for her...And probably an easier way to keep track of spending..
and
when you are embarking you will be asked if your account will be settled with cash or a credit card. if you select cash you will be required to make a deposit at that time to activate kttw purchasing ability. if you choose a credit card the card will be entered into the system and disney will put an initial hold on a dollar amount (i'm hearing it's about a minimum of $500.00 now but it's based on the number of people authorized to have kttw purchasing ability in your party-it's not charged to the account but the credit card company holds that amount in reserve for disney). as you get within a certain dollar amount of that "hold" due to onboard purchases disney puts further holds on funds. in this way they are guaranteed you do not purchase more on your kttw card than your credit card has charging space (if you are a cash cruiser you are called to guest services to put further cash monies on your account).
I'm sure you'll be fine....see you Sunday!

I have an idea . If for some reason they require $500 give only one room charging privledges. I am sure that most of your trip will be spent together as a family. Please stop all of the last min. worries and get packing. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter