• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Leave in 12 Days and a Major Change Occured! Please HELP!!!

qanita92

Yes, I am a teenager and I do like planning WDW va
Well we booked to stay at POP from August 17-28 for 8 people (2 rooms) but my sister had a change of plans and instead of being with us on the 17th, the earliest she can join us is the 21st. What can I do now? Will Disney refund some of the tickets, dining credits for her? What will most likely happen? PLEASE HELP!!!

THANKS A LOT!!

Call Disney and ask what they can do to help.

What kind of package did you book? There are a few options depending on this. She can be taken off the ressie and then added to the room the day she arrives in the hotel lobby as a room only guest (at no addtl cost), but then she will have to add back her park ticket and will not be able to add dining. The other option is to keep her on the ressie as you have it now, but you will pay for her dining and tickets for the entire reservation. This may not be a big deal if you can use her surpluss of dining credits and you can look into adding the no expiration option for her MYW tickets.

I would ask this on the resorts board - they are experts in this.

But one thing they would need to know - is this free dining? For the reservation?

ETA - nevermind...you found experts here, too! :)

How much extra would it cost for the no expiration option?

How much extra would it cost for the no expiration option?

On a 10 day ticket, over $200 - I don't know the new prices, but it was around $227 I think.

Adding NE to the tix is not always the best idea unless you know that you will have a future trip where you only need the left over number of days on the NE ticket. Or if you want to use up unused waterparks & more options over a number of trips. It works for some people, but for quite a few others it does not work out cost effectively.

On a 10 day ticket, over $200 - I don't know the new prices, but it was around $227 I think.

Adding NE to the tix is not always the best idea unless you know that you will have a future trip where you only need the left over number of days on the NE ticket. Or if you want to use up unused waterparks & more options over a number of trips. It works for some people, but for quite a few others it does not work out cost effectively.

Hmmm... I don't think purchasing NE would work for us.

BTW, we have the free dining package with all our ADRs set up. If we decide to just keep the package as is then we will have 4 TS, 4 CS, and 4 snack credits left over. It will be easy for us to use up the CS and snack credits however how can we use the 4 TS credits if there will be 7 of us?

Hmmm... I don't think purchasing NE would work for us.

BTW, we have the free dining package with all our ADRs set up. If we decide to just keep the package as is then we will have 4 TS, 4 CS, and 4 snack credits left over. It will be easy for us to use up the CS and snack credits however how can we use the 4 TS credits if there will be 7 of us?

Pay out of pocket for the other 3 dinners or just have some of your party eat at that TS location or do a 2 TS place for your and your significant other and get everyone else to watch the kiddos. Date night Disney style!

Pay out of pocket for the other 3 dinners or just have some of your party eat at that TS location or do a 2 TS place for your and your significant other and get everyone else to watch the kiddos. Date night Disney style!

Can 4 of us use the TS credit and the other 3 just eat off our plates since most of my sisters are light eaters anyway?

Do you think there is any possibility Disney will allow TS credits to be used as CS credits due to free dining?

Can 4 of us use the TS credit and the other 3 just eat off our plates since most of my sisters are light eaters anyway?
You can use dining plan credits for some family members and cash a'la carte for other family members.

When my family went on vacation (a much earlier lifetime), we often cut entre'es into pieces and shared back and forth.

You can modify all the tickets now to be 7 or so days instead of 10 and later in your vacation upgrade all except Sis' ticket.

Because this is a package downgrade and so close to arrival date, a change fee (approx. $50.) may apply. YOu may prefer to not modify the tickets since Sis' unused days altogether amount to only about $10. or so wasted whereas downgrading the package tickets now and upgrading the tickets individually later moves the last 3 or so days into the post August 4 2010 ticket pricing.

Do you think there is any possibility Disney will allow TS credits to be used as CS credits due to free dining?

No but, If your reservation is for say 4 adults for 10 days with the regular dining plan. you will have 40 TS. Sister misses 3 nights, but the other 3 adults eat TS. you will have 21 left, and 6 days left. This mean now that all 4 people are left you can have a TS each day and an extra TS on one day because while she was out you were "banking her TS, CS and QS meals".

Does this make sense?

well Im confused and not even the op.
I just wanted to say that on the last night when we have had an extra TS my DH and I ordered that extra meal, we were at the Wave and I ordered fish he ordered steak and we shared a pork --- 3 desserts too. I figured all the disney walking would go against all the food I was eating....figured wrong.

no, they require you to all order when doing a TS meal.

you can split TS meals as long as it is not an all-you-care-to-eat or buffet meal. So you could order 4 TS meals and share perhaps suplimenting with a few appitizers. Do, however, tip accordingly as the waitperson will really be serving 7 people.

And Skiingfast, your math is off. If they start with 40 TS and 3 people use 1 each day for three days (9 TS), they'll have 31 left not 21.

i don't see where there is anything to change. the MYW park passes aren't going to change in price enough worth mentioning. The cost is all front loaded to the first 3 days. The room charges wouldn't change enough for all teh confusion. You have two rooms at full occupancy. The charge for adults 3&4 in each room isn't enough to throw the whole reservation into confustion. Free DDP is Free DDP, so who cares if she misses out on a few meals she wasn't paying for to begin with. I'd just check in on day one like normal.

you can split TS meals as long as it is not an all-you-care-to-eat or buffet meal. So you could order 4 TS meals and share perhaps suplimenting with a few appitizers. Do, however, tip accordingly as the waitperson will really be serving 7 people.

And Skiingfast, your math is off. If they start with 40 TS and 3 people use 1 each day for three days (9 TS), they'll have 31 left not 21.

i had always heard that you could not split entrees on the DDP. I checked the FAQ and found the following:

Can I share meals on the Dining Plan?
Sharing is never permitted at buffet or prix fixe meals. Beyond that, this is actually two separate questions, addressed below...

Can I share meals with guests not on the Dining Plan?
No. The Dining Plan cannot be shared with guests who aren't registered as part of your hotel reservation.

Can I share meals with other guests on the Dining Plan staying on the same hotel reservation?
There is no clear answer to this. Consistently, guests seem to be allowed to share the meals ordered on the Dining Plan amongst the guests at their table, with the exception of fixed price meals, such as buffets or other all-you-can-eat options. However, this question has been asked directly to Disney via email, by a number of guests, and consistently, they have answered this question by saying specifically that, "sharing is not permitted." Despite several attempts to get clarification about that statement, no clarification appears to be forthcoming from Guest Communications, and nothing official has been released by Disney Dining to resolve the confusion. Ask your server.

So I guess the technical answer is no, but it seems like some servers may allow you to do this.

i don't see where there is anything to change. the MYW park passes aren't going to change in price enough worth mentioning. The cost is all front loaded to the first 3 days. The room charges wouldn't change enough for all teh confusion. You have two rooms at full occupancy. The charge for adults 3&4 in each room isn't enough to throw the whole reservation into confustion. Free DDP is Free DDP, so who cares if she misses out on a few meals she wasn't paying for to begin with. I'd just check in on day one like normal.

I agree.

well Im confused and not even the op.
I just wanted to say that on the last night when we have had an extra TS my DH and I ordered that extra meal, we were at the Wave and I ordered fish he ordered steak and we shared a pork --- 3 desserts too. I figured all the disney walking would go against all the food I was eating....figured wrong.

Actually, I would NOT count on this. 99% of the time this will not be allowed as it is not policy to allow groups to order more meals then they have on their cards. We have seen it again and again on the dining plan boards.

I would be more willing you just happened to get a nice server who felt bad about your situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter