We Have Booked!!!!!!

miamivice

Earning My Ears
eventually........

we have booked the disneyland hotel for the 1st december for 3 nights

there is me, DW, DS (18 month old and a big mickey mouse fan) and D sister in law!!!

can't wait, we are already setting up a schedule of what to do!

Booked eurostar direct to dlp with raileurope.

tried to book hotel online direct with disney, but i kept getting errors. after about 7 attemps with one credit card, i tried another and still got an error. we was getting a bit "twitchy" - what if they were fully booked?

i then decided to ring disney (who were VERY helpful). it seems that the disney website says "technical error or multiple bookings failed" when it should really say "your credit card has not been accepted".

the reason for this is security as many banks put a stop on transactions from "paris" if they are over about £600.

When speaking to disney he said that he could see that there were 7 attempts by me, all with the possibility of been processed!!!!! They then put a stop on these and we redid our booking on the phone.

A bonus here was that on the phone bookings (same price) you only have to pay 10% deposit at time of booking!!!

I thought i would let you know in case someone else has the same problems.

Anyway its booked now - just need to sort a "ticker" out!!!

I have never trusted buying on the internet. So I'm glad that when I
book the trips by internet, that we get a bill sent home to us in Sweden, and
then can pay that way. It's very handy that way.

I'd avoid boooking by internet if I had to pay my credit card. Phoning and
booking seems more practical to do anyways. I know that, from time to
time, one has to wait on the phone, but you get personal service that way,
too.

It's good that you called. You got personal service and got a booking done
without any hassel! Good job! I'm glad you had good service too.:thumbsup2

Sounds fabulous! I'm well jealous of you staying the DLH!! Have an awesome time!!

Bob xoxoxox

tried to book hotel online direct with disney, but i kept getting errors. after about 7 attemps with one credit card, i tried another and still got an error. we was getting a bit "twitchy" - what if they were fully booked?

i then decided to ring disney (who were VERY helpful). it seems that the disney website says "technical error or multiple bookings failed" when it should really say "your credit card has not been accepted".

the reason for this is security as many banks put a stop on transactions from "paris" if they are over about £600.

This happened to us as well. Had to contact the bank and have the card unblocked. They're worried about fraud esp on the credit cards, guess because we don't use our credit card often.

Well done on booking the trip - jealous about the DLH!!!

Ohh DLH lucky you!!! Have a wonderful time!

I've had the same thing happen to me, my bank blocked my card as it was alot more then my normal spending- the fraud people phone me within 15mins of me trying to pay for it, they told me they were very cautious with the dlp website bookings- good to know they were on the ball tho!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter