We have a looooong wait!

tigerali

Mouseketeer
I just made a ticker for our next trip and it seems sooooo far away! My dd is only 3.5 months now and I want to take her already! She'll be just under 3 years when we finally get there! Anyone else out there have a long wait like me??

I feel your pain!
We were this past March/April with DD 3 and DS 16 mths at the time. It was fantastic but definitely a lot of work especially with our little guy who didn't appreciate the stroller/line thing! We can't wait to go back but when we came back home we said our next trip will be when they are 7 & 5 (waiting till they are older + budget constraints + want to do other things too!). That being said, we have now moved that to when they are 6 and 4. Neither one of us wants to wait that long! Actually, I'm now thinking as soon as my little guy reaches the magical 40 inches point, then we are heading back (so should be around 3.5!). So that would make our wait about the same as yours.

You'll have a wonderful time with your DD just under 3. It truly was magical for us with our DD. The characters and princesses are 100% real for her and seeing those interactions was priceless. I know the wait seems long but with a regular does of DIS, we should be there in no time at all!

We are not planning on going back until May of 2010!! Way too long for me. However, I am having another son in July, so I wanted to wait a little while. Well, didn't want to wait, but need to. We also are DVC members and borrowed, so it's a good time to catch back up. Next year, we are trading into a beach condo for a week and then we'll go the next year when DS1 will be 7 or 8 and DS2 will be 2. I am secretly hoping to find a way to Dh and I to go down for a quick visit, but we'll see.

While our trip is soon, we only go ever 4 years so I know how long and hard the wait can be. No that we have a baby I am not sure I will be able to make the 4 year wait but we'll see.

I cant wait for him to see mickey the first time, he already gets so happy when we put his mickey shirts on.

We, too have a long wait. We are planning our FIRST TRIP to WDW in January 2010. We are going with my husband's brother's family, and we all need that much time to save up and plan for the trip of a lifetime. We want to go all out and not be in debt when we get home, so we're tucking away every penny we can. These darn gas prices are killing me, though!! Hubby and I have both put $60 worth of fuel in our cars in the past couple days. :furious:

So we'll be hanging out on the DIS boards for the next couple of years, trying to become WDW experts so we look totally smart when we get there!

We are waiting for May 2010 too! My DD is just 8 weeks old and we are taking her on her first trip right after she turns 2, just like we did for my son! Thankfully my ticker is finally under the 2 year mark! The time will fly by so fast, it will be here before we know it! First trips are so exciting, we had such a blast with my son and I know my daughter will love it too!!!

We always go every 3 years or so. We just came back from a wonderfull two week vacation at WDW :cool1: and cant wait to go back. I guess we'll have to wait... DS2 and DS5 will have to wait until they are 6 and 9.
But what can we do until then...

Yup, we have a long wait until our next trip too :( We took DS last year when he was almost 18mo and would love to take him again this year or next but realistically we won't be going again until sometime in 2010. We're expecting another baby this summer and don't want to bring an infant (want to wait until she's at least 18mo - that was such a cute age when we took DS). I know it will go by fast but it's still hard to have to wait.
You're certainly not alone:)

We are planning Dec 2009, but that is toooooooooo long for me! I would leave today if I could!!

Kelly

We don't have that long of a wait, but it will go by fast. And, the wait will be worth it. Try and distract yourself, but do some planning along the way to get yourself excited. Enjoy!

I hope your wait goes quickly, yet I wanted to slow time down when our boys were teeny-tinys! When our first born son was 4 months old I could wait no longer and we went. I think it was more about me being there and enjoying the 'magic' of Disney along with the 'magic' of our new baby. We absolutely loved it and I have some of my favorite pics from that trip. Extra bonus.... we look so young :laughing:

Had over 2 years wait for our trip to Hawaii. We saved $$, had a countdown, read EVERY book known to man about Hawaii. Researched every hotel/rental house/B&B. Researched all the islands. Lived on tripadvisor.com

It was a long long wait but it was worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter