• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We have 2 pirates & 3 princesses to feed!: Our March 2017 trip with the QSDP *FINAL UPDATE 4/25*

Really enjoying your report!

I know, lol! DD15 said I should use Google photos and I heard there are a couple other more popular and faster photo hosting sites but I guess I'll try something new in the near future when I get a chance to set it up and everything. :laughing:

Btw, I use Google Photos to store all my pics and have never managed to figure out how to post those photos to forums (and I am somewhat techy). I've even Googled for answers and come up with nothing. I agree Photobucket is slow though. I tried it and then quickly switched to Imgur.

Loving your reviews! Your youngest DD's faces in the last two pics just kills me--too adorable beyond words!!

Thank you so much!

Awesome reviews and pics!!

Terri

Thank you!

Oh my goodness your youngest DD and her adorable expressions :goodvibes
That's so great that the characters backed off then returned such great pictures
I'd forgotten what a nice walk it was from the CR to MK and you're right it's so much quicker than the monorail.

Thank you. It really was a nice and easy walk; and it was surprisingly the first time we took the walking path from the MK to the CR.

You guys are slaying me in your matching shirts! Between the missing teeth and the 3 year old texting...and the older kids look so stoked at the buffet goodness...it's too much cuteness!!

Aw gawrsh, thank you!

Your kids are adorable!!

Thank you!

Really enjoying your report!

Btw, I use Google Photos to store all my pics and have never managed to figure out how to post those photos to forums (and I am somewhat techy). I've even Googled for answers and come up with nothing. I agree Photobucket is slow though. I tried it and then quickly switched to Imgur.

Thank you for reading. yes Photobucket is really slow. I've never heard of Imgur. I'm going to have to look into that. :thumbsup2

Day 3: Friday 3/3 - Epcot, Sunshine Seasons desserts, Flower & Garden Festival treats and drinks, Lotus Blossom Cafe dinner
DSCN3276_zps9efnynj0.jpg

After Chef Mickey's we headed to Epcot and arrived by 12:30 in time for our first fastpass. As the afternoon progressed, the plan was to eat a late counterservice lunch at Sunshine Seasons in the Land pavilion. I had every intention of ordering the Mongolian beef with vegetable fried rice until we got there and realized we were all still somewhat full from our Chef Mickey's buffet breakfast and weren't up to eating a full meal. Instead of getting lunch, we decided to use up some snack credits for desserts and smoothies. We indulged in the strawberry shortcake dessert, cheesecake, and strawberry banana smoothies which were all very fresh and light but still tasty.
DSCN2798_zpsx1nvqvo5.jpg

Towards the end of the afternoon we gradually made our way up to the World Showcase. The Flower and Garden Festival was in full swing and we wanted to try some of the foods from the outdoor kitchens (and some grown up beverages too :laughing:).
DSCN2807_zpsok6wwuly.jpg

DSCN3274_zpsez1pmk5g.jpg

We didn't get to try much being that it was Friday night at Epcot during a festival. The crowds were thick and the lines for the outdoor kitchens and drink stands were long. We were able to use snack credits for the outdoor kitchen food samples/trays that we did make it to which was really nice. The first thing we tried was the sugar cane shrimp skewer from La Isla Fresca. Our appetites were building up and my kids devoured these :laughing:. We ended up getting back in line for another serving.

DSCN3282_zps3k1vnkyk.jpg

DSCN2814_zpsrl6mdvso.jpg

Since Jardin de Fiestas was across the way. We walked over to see what they had and DH and I decided to use more snack credits to try the Brocheta de Pollo con Salsa Morita which was a serving of grilled chicken with a rather spicy sauce. The spicyness overpowered the flavor IMO; but I'm not a fan of real spicy food.

DSCN3289_zpsbiwhmsdv.jpg

DSCN3290_zpskpxwcoav.jpg

DH suggested that it was time me and him try some "grown up" drinks and ordered us a couple Hibiscus Margaritas which I unfortunately didn't get any pictures of. The margaritas were on the strong side for me. I'm not sure if that is how they always make them but I couldn't take more than a sip or two :laughing:.

Not long after our stop at Jardin de Fiestas, our kiddos were ready to eat dinner. I initially wanted to eat at La Cantina de San Angel, the counterservice restaurant in the Mexico pavilion since we were pretty much already there; but I was outvoted and it was decided that we would head over to the China pavilion to eat at Lotus Blossom Cafe and watch the acrobatic performers shortly afterwards. I wasn't particularly enthusiastic about this choice. We ate here on our last trip and the food was bland and lacked flavor. When we arrived at Lotus Blossom, there was only a couple people in line (at the peak of dinnertime at Epcot on a Friday night), so I grew even more concerned that we weren't making a good choice. We each ordered the orange chicken with steamed rice and egg roll meal and it turned out to be surprisingly flavorful and good this time around; and the portions were generous :thumbsup2.
DSCN2820_zpsgsjzl00u.jpg

DSCN2817_zpsopuxcvtd.jpg

20170303_174204_zpsxyhw708r.jpg

At some point during our dinner, DH and I realized we still had those two Hibiscus margaritas that we didn't finish (mine pretty much untouched). Since I didn't plan on drinking it and since DH didn't want $20 to go to waste, he swiftly drank both margaritas :laughing: . Jardin de Fiestas margaritas are in what appears to be 10 ounce cups, not those cute little faux cocktail glasses, lol! Within minutes DH was a little giddy. A few moments later I noticed he was gone from the dining area. I asked the kids "where did daddy go"? A couple minutes later he was back with a unique souvenir .:sunny:

5F778FB3-9D61-4D14-AEF8-3DC660E1BDF0_zpsmceql35s.jpg

I love it that your older kids (especially your son) is still willing to wear matching Mickey tees! The only thing my nephew would wear at that age is Jack Skellington. I scrolled down to the last picture before reading what you wrote and thought, what's up with the hat! Then I scrolled back up and yep, two margaritas will do that! On Friday and Saturday nights at food & wine you see a quote a few men with the viking hats. At least what your DH got is somewhat practical. :crazy:

Great update I'm loving all the pictures :thumbsup2
We love Sunshine Seasons so many choices. Glad you got to try some of the food booths. I was cracking up when you said DH downed both drinks :rotfl2:
Hey can't waste them. I love his hat ::yes::
Kids look like they had so much fun.

Loving your report! Can't wait to read more! :lovestruc

Thank you for reading!

I love it that your older kids (especially your son) is still willing to wear matching Mickey tees! The only thing my nephew would wear at that age is Jack Skellington. I scrolled down to the last picture before reading what you wrote and thought, what's up with the hat! Then I scrolled back up and yep, two margaritas will do that! On Friday and Saturday nights at food & wine you see a quote a few men with the viking hats. At least what your DH got is somewhat practical. :crazy:

Yes, DH says he plans to fully utilize the hat when he mows the lawn on those sunny summer days, lol!

Love the photos! Sounds like a great trip thus far.

Thank you!

Great update I'm loving all the pictures :thumbsup2
We love Sunshine Seasons so many choices. Glad you got to try some of the food booths. I was cracking up when you said DH downed both drinks :rotfl2:
Hey can't waste them. I love his hat ::yes::
Kids look like they had so much fun.

Thank you. DH definitely wasn't going to let those $20 margaritas go to waste. But they were so strong that he had to chug them down, lol!

So the hat was a magarita inspired purchase?? :rotfl2:

Yes it was, lol! DH isn't a souvenir buying type so that tequila definitely got to him :teeth:!

Great updates! I love your husband's new hat! That chicken looks so good at Lotus Blossom. It's going on my list for June now.

Yes, Lotus Blossom was definitely a pleasant surprise that day. The orange chicken was delicious and they weren't stingy with the portions either :thumbsup2.

We finished up our Lotus Blossom dinner and spent our last couple of hours at Epcot progressing through our remaining World Showcase adventures. We didn't plan on staying for Illuminations this time around and gradually began making our way out of the park; but DH and I couldn't leave the World Showcase without getting one of our favorite drinks - a Grey Goose lemonade slush from Les Vins des Chefs de France. Refreshing :goodvibes!
CE2C2C23-BFDE-4AC4-A802-F48995EE7240_zpsvf9silcy.jpg

So I should be good to go, right? :scratchin

Well y'all know I have a weakness for Dole whips and couldn't pass by Pineapple Promenade without trying their Dole whip with rum :laughing:.
75813EB6-4DCC-4F31-9C41-5C547BF1F644_zpssufesgq0.jpg

167BBAC0-28E2-4CC4-9926-8C54CAF0489D_zpsqtofl2bj.jpg

It was small and tasty yet very mellow. The rum blended in well with the Dole whip :thumbsup2.

Since it's April fool's day, I'll share something y'all might find amusing. When I returned to work after getting back from this trip, I shared my trip photos with one of my co-workers who is also a Disney fan. She has never been to WDW during the F&G festival, so when I told her about Pineapple Promenade she thought the picture of me from earlier in this report where I was smiling gleefully and holding the Dole whip was me holding the Dole whip with rum, lol! She looked at the picture and said " Wow, that sure is a lot of rum!" :lmao:

EC1F455C-B84F-4AC6-897D-9F2C460F2654_zps0frro0ua.jpg

Up next: more Pop Century eats, Hollywood Studios - Hollywood & Vine lunch, Starbucks, and Backlot Express dinner

Last edited:
What a fun breakfast! Your kids are all adorable, but goodness is your youngest precious! Her smile is just the cutest. Glad you guys enjoyed your meal and the characters! :)

Great report! Your pics are great, such a beautiful family!

Thank you so much!

What a fun breakfast! Your kids are all adorable, but goodness is your youngest precious! Her smile is just the cutest. Glad you guys enjoyed your meal and the characters! :)

Thank you! Our youngest princess is quite a character herself, lol!

I love the pic of you and DH :love: and the Grey Goose Lemonade looks yummy. You know how I feel about the slushy :drinking1 in France party:

The Grand Marnier orange slush :sunny:. I know that was definitely worth the wait in that line, lol! You're going to have to have one for me on your November trip :teeth:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter