We had a Magic Band first (supposedly)

runmommyrun

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a great 5-night AoA/Bay Lake Tower stay. We used Magic Bands ALMOST without a hitch. On the third day, however, we went to Hollywood Studios and the machines wouldn't "green light" me and my oldest DS. They claimed my pink band, which had worked fine for two days and had charging privileges, was showing as my DS (who did not have charging), and his blue band was showing as me. Our finger prints weren't matching so it wasn't letting us in. We were told to go to guest services because I "switched the tickets," according to the CM. I said I hadn't done a thing and the bands worked fine for two days. They said they hadn't seen this happen before and let us into the park because we had our actual physical passes. Luckily we had all the same FPs, so it really didn't matter if he showed up as me and me him. We spent the day at the park and at the end went to guest services. Guess what? The bands at this point showed correctly... pink was me and blue him. So we didn't do anything and had no clue why it showed incorrectly at park entry.

Bands functioned fine on day 4. I charged with no problem and everything registered properly. THEN on Day 5, they did the same thing as we were entering the park... I showed as DS and he me. Again, they let us in, but said it was the first time they had seen this. Oddly, I charged on the band about 30 minutes after park entry and it worked fine. That was odd because my son didn't have charging privileges, so if the band showed as him, it shouldn't have worked. Given it was our last day, I didn't do anything with the bands.

Other than that, the bands worked as stated. They are easy to use, but it is even easier to charge more than you want! Disney is always thinking!!! Happy Travels!

They are easy to use, but it is even easier to charge more than you want! Disney is always thinking!!! Happy Travels!
And that is ONE of the reasons I don't want a band. The main reason is that I hate having things on my wrist....I won't even wear a watch. I am glad that they have other options available and by all accounts will continue to do so.

Other than that, the bands worked as stated. They are easy to use, but it is even easier to charge more than you want! Disney is always thinking!!! Happy Travels!

That's why I've always vowed not to charge anything to my room on these MBs. Much too easy for a surprise at check-out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter