• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Got The Call For POR

JenniferIsBored

I don't know what to put here
We got the call and were upgraded to the animal kingdom lodge, savannah view for about $20 more a night for june 22-29

Just one more thing...i think it's funny that my family has gone to disney world three times and have never been able to stay in the carribean, although that's the one we try to book first, it's always booked or we get upgraded. Not that i mind being upgraded...

Did they give you a choice of where to move to? Also, did they tell you why they were moving you. I know they are renovating and part of POR will be closed but just trying to figure out how they are picking certain people to move. We have reservations for 7/26-8/1 at POR.

Bump!
we have ressies for September at POR:
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: I would love to stay at AKL !!!! if given a choice of upgrade.

What other options did they give you ?

i still have not received a phone call and my trip is june 11-16th. i am hoping that i might not get one at all. i don't know the logic behind por's relocation. some people who are going about the same time as me have been called and relocated somewhere else. i just don't want to get a phone call 2 weeks before my trip. i also couldn't get my ap rate for that time. i'm wondering if i should call or just continue to hope for the best. any thoughts?
-jessica

That's FANTASTIC!!!! Congrats and have a great trip... you will LOVE AKL ;)

Hessie, did you by any chance request to stay in the teen bldgs. at POR, like 14, 15 or 18? If you did, you probably won't be moved, as those are the bldg's that are staying open right now during the renovations. Just a thought.

jillpie-- i actually requested a spot in the mansions- no where in particular. do you know if any of the mansions opened? thanks.
-jessica

Well this seems amazing to me. We have two rooms from 08/13 to 08/24. I didn't think they assigned rooms until check in so how would they know where everyone is staying so early?

Hawk.

Hawk, you are right, they don't assign actual rooms till a few days before arrival. However, if you specifically requested a certain building and that building is open during renovations, I am guessing that guest won't be moved to another resort but just stay in that requested building.
Hessie, I did hear somewhere here on the Dis, that they are keeping open 2 mansions, just not sure which ones. You may still get that upgrade. But if it were me, I'd stay put, I sure do love POR!!

I didn't get a phone call but I did get a letter that said to call them about my upcoming stay (june) at POFQ. I had already switched to BC/AKL so I haven't called. I'm gonna check it out sometime though. Has anyone else gotten a letter saying it was imperative that you contact them regarding your upcoming stay?
They included the relocation phone number and not a 800 number which I thought was kind of rude.

Go for the upgrades!!!!Cheapest rates around!

I did request one of the teen buildings and did get a call to move. We were booked June 10-17. I was told one thing that if you are a party of 5, you will probably remain at POR a/c this is a bought the only place that will hold five in a room. We are now at CBR. We did not get much of choices for upgrades. Oh well!!!

Wow. That's interesting. I just booked POR for fall and wondering if this is going to continue. Weird. We are still mulling over the possibility or either Poly or WL anyway so it wouldn't be so bad if we had to move but I thought they were only moving POFQ people. Very interesting.

Now I am starting to worry.

We have POR for July 19-26. When AP rates were released, we actually upgraded to POR from ASMo. I requested buildings 14 or 15. We really can't afford an upgrade to a deluxe. I know $20 a night to upgrade doesn't sound like a lot, but we really can't afford paying more than we already are. I would gladly move to CBR, but I have no desire to stay at CSR. Here's hoping we don't get the "Call".

We are going August 14 - 24. We also have 2 more rooms reserved for our family who are joining us from the 20th - 24th.

Here we go again. Last week the CM told me, "If you have a room reserved at POR ALREADY...you will not be asked to be moved because they are making sure everyone will have a room" .

Now a few of you are posting that they called you.

We have requested AB buildings ( 14 or 15 ). If they decided to call me, I am going to give them " all they can handle" .

We do not want to stay anywhere else except for POR. And we will stick to that unless there is NO WAY possible for us to stay there.

If they offer me an upgrade to a deluxe for, say $10-$30 more a night, BALONEY !!!!!!!!!

I do not care if they are giving me a deluxe for a super rate. If they are so interested in trying to move me......then move me...
I am not paying a DIME extra for there confusion.

I don't even want any of the other moderates. WE WANT POR.

I have not gotten a call YET....but if I do, all of my "Dis"er friends know what I am going to say.

We kept everyone else "up to date" on the AP rates...now we have to keep everyone else "up to date" on this POFQ-POR situation.

And someone asked..."what do we have to whine about now, "
after the AP rates came out.....

It did not take long to find something.

I've requested a wheelchair accessible room with 2 double beds at POR for 7/24-8/4. I've been wanting to stay at POR for years so I hope that this room will still be available during the rehab. But if not I sure hope I can upgrade to WL or even better the Poly. I'm willing to pay the extra $30 a night over the AR rate I have of $84 for the Poly. :)

Kinggoofy-I totally agree with you. We also have a room booked for the end of Sept (there are 5 in our family). I am not willing to pay even 5.00 more for an upgrade, we want to stay at POR. The other mods are not even possible because there is 5 of us. I have no interest in staying at a deluxe (correct me if I'm wrong but I believe most of the deluxes have interior corridors) and we really hate that, I like being able to walk out the door at POR and be outside. I don't feel like I should have to spend a penny more, if they took our reservation then its in their hands. I really hope that we will just stay put and I won't have to go through this with Disney.

Is1222

I am with you too......I will NOT BUDGE if I get the call.

It may get better. We are going to POR for Thanksgiving too.

This could get interesting for all of us who have POR reservations.

I loved POR, however if they offer cheap upgrades to a deluxe I would jump at the chance. I am hoping for a call or more news posted here. I guess its going to 50-50 on who wants to upgrade and who wants to stay given a choice. Fingers crossed.:jester: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter