We got that budget, baby!

katyringo

DIS Veteran
Hello all!!

we are a family on a budget. But luckily we can afford Disneyland! I have a couple questions for the group tho..

Castle inn and suites. Thoughts? Basic is fine with us. It has good reviews on trip advisor and Facebook. Lots of reports say clean. We will spend most of our time in the parks. Good option?

has anyone purchased the discounted magic your way tickets from a military base? My hubby is a disabled veteran. We can't but the military promotional tickets, but we can buy the discounted magic your way tickets. Do they easily link to make park reservations?

thanks all!

Disneyland doesn't sell Magic Your Way tickets. That's Walt Disney World.

Does your husband have base privileges and access to the Base Travel/Ticket office? He needs that to buy the tickets as they are not sold at Disneyland directly.

The Disneyland tickets are not a big discount. $5-10 per ticket, depending on type. Disneyland doesn't charge sales tax on tickets so there isn't much savings buying Disneyland tickets on base vs directly from Disney. WDW charges sales tax so buying military discounted tickets is a bigger savings there.

Disneyland doesn't sell Magic Your Way tickets. That's Walt Disney World.

Does your husband have base privileges and access to the Base Travel/Ticket office? He needs that to buy the tickets as they are not sold at Disneyland directly.

The Disneyland tickets are not a big discount. $5-10 per ticket, depending on type. Disneyland doesn't charge sales tax on tickets so there isn't much savings buying Disneyland tickets on base vs directly from Disney. WDW charges sales tax so buying military discounted tickets is a bigger savings there.

my bad- the base has them listed as magic your way (picture attached). It save us $55 total on 5 days base tickets with genie. That's a lightning lane upgrade! We do have base access. I'm looking for info on how they link..

Attachments

• B07D717B-260A-4BBA-AC93-78A866B4485F.jpeg
    B07D717B-260A-4BBA-AC93-78A866B4485F.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 96922938-9F1A-4E89-8A3C-A33020059780.png
    96922938-9F1A-4E89-8A3C-A33020059780.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 14
my bad- the base has them listed as magic your way (picture attached). It save us $55 total on 5 days base tickets with genie. That's a lightning lane upgrade! We do have base access. I'm looking for info on how they link..

Once you buy them, you will get a barcode. All you have to do is scan that barcode to load them into your app. At that point, you can make park reservations.

When you arrive, they will physically give you a ticket at the turnstiles, although you won't really ever need it, as everything gets done in the app.

Once you buy them, you will get a barcode. All you have to do is scan that barcode to load them into your app. At that point, you can make park reservations.

When you arrive, they will physically give you a ticket at the turnstiles, although you won't really ever need it, as everything gets done in the app.

thanks! Hoping the magic bands are at Disneyland by then!

Castle Inn is a solid choice, clean rooms, very friendly staff, and free parking which is rare for the area. It is on the far end of my desired walking distance though, and by the end of the 3rd day I’m always wishing I had chosen something closer.

Castle Inn is a solid choice, clean rooms, very friendly staff, and free parking which is rare for the area. It is on the far end of my desired walking distance though, and by the end of the 3rd day I’m always wishing I had chosen something closer.

how would you compare it to the walk from hojo? We've stayed at hojo twice..

We've stayed at Castle Inn twice and would stay again. It's a good basic budget choice. The rooms are spacious and clean. Pool is small. I don't think the walk is bad at all. We've stayed at Hojo too and I'd say the walk was about the same, just the opposite way.

how would you compare it to the walk from hojo? We've stayed at hojo twice..

It’s the same distance but for some reason HoJo “feels” closer to me. Castle is not far by any means, just for my personal preference it’s the last hotel in that direction on Harbor that I would consider. Perhaps I’m getting lazy in my old age lol.

Hello all!!

we are a family on a budget. But luckily we can afford Disneyland! I have a couple questions for the group tho..

Castle inn and suites. Thoughts? Basic is fine with us. It has good reviews on trip advisor and Facebook. Lots of reports say clean. We will spend most of our time in the parks. Good option?

has anyone purchased the discounted magic your way tickets from a military base? My hubby is a disabled veteran. We can't but the military promotional tickets, but we can buy the discounted magic your way tickets. Do they easily link to make park reservations?

thanks all!

I'm here now, and I'm very budget conscious. I will be doing a food trip report next week when I get home :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter