We got robbed. Sad but true.

disney1fan

Earning My Ears
I just wanted to share with you (and hopefully prevent this from happening to others) a sad part of our last vacation: Late one night we left our stroller by the entrance to the Land Pavillion in Epcot while we rode Soaring. I know better than to leave anything of value in the strollers but really didn't think think twice about leaving an old backpack with some kids clothes and a box of chocolates we had bought earlier in France in it. The backpack had really seen better days and it never crossed my mind that it would appeal to anyone. I also left behind an unfinished glass of frozen margerita I had been sipping. We left the pavillion a half-hour later to find an empty stroller. That's right, someone took not only the backpack but also a HALF GLASS OF MOSTLY DEFROSTED MULTI-COLORED MARGARITA :confused3
I did go to guest relations and eventually got the backpack back minus the box of chocolates from the lost and found over by the kennel. The sum of my loss was about $15 but it is a terrible feeling to realize that you've been robbed, especially at a place like Disney. So, guys, no matter how dingy your backpack may look... Don't leave it in the stroller!

I've always worried about that happening. I left my pin bag on the stroller one time and my DH reminded me I better take it with me just in case.
Sorry that happened to you. I hope it didn't spoil your trip.

disney1fan said:
I just wanted to share with you (and hopefully prevent this from happening to others) a sad part of our last vacation: Late one night we left our stroller by the entrance to the Land Pavillion in Epcot while we rode Soaring. I know better than to leave anything of value in the strollers but really didn't think think twice about leaving an old backpack with some kids clothes and a box of chocolates we had bought earlier in France in it. The backpack had really seen better days and it never crossed my mind that it would appeal to anyone. I also left behind an unfinished glass of frozen margerita I had been sipping. We left the pavillion a half-hour later to find an empty stroller. That's right, someone took not only the backpack but also a HALF GLASS OF MOSTLY DEFROSTED MULTI-COLORED MARGARITA :confused3
I did go to guest relations and eventually got the backpack back minus the box of chocolates from the lost and found over by the kennel. The sum of my loss was about $15 but it is a terrible feeling to realize that you've been robbed, especially at a place like Disney. So, guys, no matter how dingy your backpack may look... Don't leave it in the stroller!

I'm so sorry that this happened to you. It just goes to show that the "bad guys" are lurking everywhere.

what a way to spoil an evening. Thank-goodness that you didn't have a wallet or anything in there. I would be concerned about the drink though. What if a child had gotten ahead of his/her family and drank out of it, or i someone slipped something into it and then you drank it. I'd never leave a drink unattended

So sorry, I bet it was stolen in the hopes of having $$ in it. :(

Wow...someone must have really NEEDED that margarita and chocolates. Maybe it was a bad case of PMS....or the male version UMS. (ugly mood swing...DH gets this sometimes) :)

So sorry to hear about that. Thanks for sharing. It's a good reminder for all of us.

I'm so sorry to hear this happend to you. I am one of those trusting "never in Disney" types who leaves everything in the stroller. :sad2: My DH is constantly lecturing me about what could happen -- I guess we've been lucky. Hope it didn't ruin the rest of your evening & thanks for sharing your story. You've helped at least one person with your warning!

Thanks for the reminder. I tend to be fairly security concious here, but on vacation its easy to let down your guard. I guess I think, "people did NOT pay that much money just to come in here and steal my pitiful stuff." But in reality, some people don't need a resaon, just a tiny bit of temptation.

:thumbsup2 on your good attitude. You sound bummed but not obsessed.

We came home from WDW once to find our house robbed. Thanks guys. I those days PCs weren't as common yet, so they left mine, no street value - I was working on my master's thesis. If THAT had been gone, I WOULD have been crushed.

We had our Pooh stroller stolen last time. I figured someone just thought it was theirs because it was just a cheap Wal-Mart one. It was only a $15.00 loss but it was annoying as we had to carry a kid for awhile while walking back to the front, which is NOT fun at Epcot with 3 & 5 yr olds. When I had babies in diapers I would tie a stinky diaper in a plastic bag to the handles of our stroller & I swear I could have left our video camera in there. Even the stroller police wouldn't organize it, always just where we left it. Yeah for stinky diapers.

estherhead said:
We had our Pooh stroller stolen last time. I figured someone just thought it was theirs because it was just a cheap Wal-Mart one. It was only a $15.00 loss but it was annoying as we had to carry a kid for awhile while walking back to the front, which is NOT fun at Epcot with 3 & 5 yr olds. When I had babies in diapers I would tie a stinky diaper in a plastic bag to the handles of our stroller & I swear I could have left our video camera in there. Even the stroller police wouldn't organize it, always just where we left it. Yeah for stinky diapers.

that is genius! :rotfl2:

ETA: I am sorry about your backpack Disney1fan! that sucks to have that happen, you feel sort of violated even if its something not of much value. :(

HeatherFeather said:
Wow...someone must have really NEEDED that margarita and chocolates. Maybe it was a bad case of PMS....or the male version UMS. (ugly mood swing...DH gets this sometimes) :)

Too funny! :rotfl2:

That's a big downer when you are in such a happy place. Sorry this happened to you all, just makes us realize no matter where you are or how old your things are someone might want them. They might of thought there was something more in there and took it and got what they could eat and then tossed it since they didn't need the rest.

Sorry you had to deal with this on your trip though!

I'm so sorry that happened to you! :grouphug:

On our trip last month we had the stroller and 2 backpacks. One had all of the stuff that was really important and we would be really upset if it was stolen...wallets, cameras, and the kids' autograph books! The other held stuff that, while we would be disappointed if it "walked away," we would live without (a change of clothes for the kids, those ponchos from the dollar store I brought, baby wipes, etc.). DH usually carried the "important" pack while the other stayed in the bottom of the stroller. We were lucky, I guess, that nothing ever happened to it.

I've worried about this, so thanks for posting. I'm sorry that it happened to you.

Can anyone think of something to attach the backpack to the stroller? I was thinking of those white plastic ties, but you just couldn't undo it easily (or ever). Any ideas?

I know that they could still go through the backpack, but this might help as a deterrent. I guess that I don't mind taking it on rides - before kids, we carried a backpack and always took it on rides. It would just be easier to leave stuff on the packhorse of a stroller. That is half the reason to have a stroller!

I still can't believe someone stole the margarita!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter