We got food, yes we do, we got food, how 'bout you? - PICTRUES! UPDATED 11-25-08

We walked around a little more, Skye got eaten by an alligator,

008_8.jpg

we saw Skye’s favorite Mickey’s brooms,

010_10.jpg

and caught a bunch of photopass guys on the way back towards the gate.

image106.jpg

The kids got to pose with High School Musical props.

image107.jpg

image113.jpg

image111.jpg

image109.jpg

You know I have managed to escape that phenomenon so far.

It was at this point that we decided to head for our first ever visit to a Disney water park…we hopped a bus to Blizzard Beach!

011_11.jpg

012_12.jpg

DSCN0275.jpg

Normally Lou is with is and he does not, not, not like to have anything to do with water at all! So normally a water park is not something we venture into but we had gotten a free upgrade on our tickets through Disney Visa for the free “water parks and more” option…so we were not loosing anything and Lou was not there to argue with us…so we went. Skye loved Tikes Peak.

DSCN0273.jpg

DSCN0272.jpg

She went up and down those little slides as much as she could.

DSCN0267.jpg

DSCN0264.jpg

DSCN0262.jpg

DSCN0268.jpg

She really loved the little inner tube run

DSCN0269.jpg

DSCN0271.jpg

…probably as close to a big girl slide as she was able to get (I think she will be twelve by the time she hits 40 inches at this rate!). While we were playing there,

DSCN0260.jpg

DSCN0259.jpg

DSCN0290.jpg

Tyler was off exploring.

I felt ok about him being on his own because he is too big a chicken to do anything stupid and he does know how to swim pretty well. Plus there were life guards everywhere! About an hour after we got there Tyler realized he lost his phone! He thought he left it on the ledge in the changing room when he was changing. He went back to look but it was not there. While I was waiting for him to come back (not happy with him I might mention!) I got a call from someone asking if my child lost a phone. It was at the front desk. Someone had turned it in and they found “mom’s number” in the address book. So while he ran up to get it Lou called and asked if we lost something. I asked why. Apparently the woman who called me had also called “dad’s number” asking about it since it was found in the men’s changing room. So he came back with it and all was well. Needless to say, he was very careful not to loose it again. We all went to ride around the lazy river for a while and look around. Skye liked that they had tubes for kids that did not have an open ring so she could ride by herself…I still held on to her though just in case. Tyler, on the other hand, does not really get the ‘lazy” part of a lazy river…he took off. We went out to play in the waves…wow were they crazy. Skye and I had a tube together and Tyler had his own…ok, so the kid who is afraid of Maelstrom and Figment (see yesterday’s report) was out as far as he could get riding the huge waves…I had to tell him to come back in…he did not want to…but he did. He was right under the lifeguard post. She was very alert and was watching everything. Waves scare me…that was the one place I had told Tyler he was not allowed to go without me while he was walking around alone. He was too afraid to do any of the big slides though…maybe if he had had someone to go with him he would have been more willing but since I could not leave Skye alone (and I don’t really like water slides that much) he was out of luck…but he knew that going into it. I don’t think he minded too much. He had fun navigating the icebergs though.

image367.jpg

image368.jpg

image369.jpg

image370.jpg

image371.jpg

DSCN0279.jpg

He did really well! And I love the photopass guys there…she got some really good pictures of the kids! We played there for about four hours until the clouds started rolling in. It almost looked like the blizzard could have really happened. We changed back into our clothes and headed out for a bus.

013_13.jpg

It rained a little on the bus ride back to MGM but not much. When we got back we took more pictures coming in.

image115.jpg

image121.jpg

image124.jpg

We went to an Ariel show and then headed over to Muppets.

016_16.jpg

017_17.jpg

019_19.jpg

020_20.jpg

We love the muppets! After that it was time for dinner so we headed over to our 6:40pm ADR at Mama Melrose.

Now let me preface this by saying that the last time we were there was on our first trip to the World with Tyler when he had just turned two. We were less than impressed…I do not remember details of why but we have kind of been scared off all these years. We needn’t have worried…we really enjoyed ourselves.

We were seated right away against the back wall. Our waiter was Sam. He was ok. I ordered the Artisan breads (freshly baked breads served with an arugula and chive pesto, sun-dried tomato, roasted vegetable and roasted garlic spreads)

025_25.jpg

for an appetizer…the kids both ordered Minestrone soup.

023_23.jpg

I ate theirs, they ate mine…at least the breads in mine! They both had the kid’s pizza

022_22.jpg

and a sundae.

026_26.jpg

I had the chicken parmesan on spaghetti.

024_24.jpg

Skye helped me eat the spaghetti. The chicken was good but here again it was a bit dry for my tastes. I had the crema limone (no sugar added lemon custard topped with fresh whipped cream and berries) for dessert.

027_27.jpg

It was really good! Our total here was $51.79 but only cost three meal credits for us. Our meal was about 45 minutes long…just right for us!

After dinner we walked through the Osborne Spectacle of Lights for a little while. We rushed to get to Fantasmic only to find a huge line. We decided to pass on our favorite night time show because we had a busy day and all that water makes for a tiring one.

We headed up front and hopped on a bus back to Pop Century. Both the kids fell asleep on the bus. Tyler found a girl about 20ish that allowed him to sleep on her shoulder. We changed and hit the sack in no time!

028_28.jpg

How do I post a link to my trip report in my signature? And I guess, while we are at it, how do I put in index with links to the actuall "good" trip stuff?

Hi...I just started reading your TR and it sounds like such fun! You did so much...sounds like a blast!
As for linking your TR in your signature, I think you go to User CP, then go to edit signature and add it there. First you need to be on the first page of your TR and copy the URL, then paste it over when you are on the edit signature page.
I think that's what I did....still a newbie myself and learning all the time!

Look forward to reading the rest of your TR!:)

Hi...I just started reading your TR and it sounds like such fun! You did so much...sounds like a blast!
As for linking your TR in your signature, I think you go to User CP, then go to edit signature and add it there. First you need to be on the first page of your TR and copy the URL, then paste it over when you are on the edit signature page.

Ok...got it...but where is my URL on the first page? Once I learn something on the computer I usually can get it down but if I don't know how to do it...I really don't know how to do it...you know what I mean???

Thanx for your help and reading along...it's slow coming with black belt testing then baseball then football starting up this past week with All-Stars for baseball still going on and add to that Skye's ballet and the recital (she was the cutest thing ever wiht her curls and make-up), I'll have to post a picture!) and gymnastics and she has been nominated at the Widget (5th and 6th grade) cheerleader mascot for this season because they all just love her to death!!! So needless to say, I'm very busy! But I am really in need of Disney right now so I am loving re-living all of this here to hold me over until Lou is back at a steady job and I can book and Mouse once more!!!

I finally figured out where my URL was...and I think I added a link to my signature...thanx everyone for the help!

Sherry ~ your kids are gorgeous! Your DD looks a lot like my friend Amy's daughter. :cutie: You guys had yourselves a feast huh? What was the deal with Citrico's I think it was? Why did it only cost 3 credits instead of 6? I like the big pictures better. I can't see the small ones real good. Those desserts have me craving chocolate now! How cold was it that day ya'll did the water parks? I don't think I could do them when it's cold. I need to go back in and read everything...I just looked at all the pics just now and they are GREAT! You go girl!!!

Sherry ~ your kids are gorgeous! Your DD looks a lot like my friend Amy's daughter. :cutie: You guys had yourselves a feast huh? What was the deal with Citrico's I think it was? Why did it only cost 3 credits instead of 6? I like the big pictures better. I can't see the small ones real good. Those desserts have me craving chocolate now! How cold was it that day ya'll did the water parks? I don't think I could do them when it's cold. I need to go back in and read everything...I just looked at all the pics just now and they are GREAT! You go girl!!!

Thanx! I think they are pretty cute!

Ya, we ate and ate and ate and now I am having a hard time thinking about a trip without the DDDP. It was great! I think since it was the first day with the DDDP for all the servers that they just did not know how to ring it out??? We had a lot of problems in the food court the next morning with a lot of higher-up CMs around to help the cashiers. Did not matter to me...I was ahead of the game!

The day at Blizzard Beach was our first "warm" day. It was not hot but it was warm enough. I can gage that by Skye because she does not ike swimming in the cold so if she is even a little cold she wants to get out. But she didn't...so it could not have been that cold. Early morning and later in the evening it got cool but not cold...we were pretty much done with cold by that time! Thank Goodness!!!!

Ya, I like the bigger ones better too...I know what's in them and have a hard time seeing it...I'm working onthat!

Hopefully I will have another day up soon!

Thanx! I think they are pretty cute!

Ya, we ate and ate and ate and now I am having a hard time thinking about a trip without the DDDP. It was great! I think since it was the first day with the DDDP for all the servers that they just did not know how to ring it out??? We had a lot of problems in the food court the next morning with a lot of higher-up CMs around to help the cashiers. Did not matter to me...I was ahead of the game!

The day at Blizzard Beach was our first "warm" day. It was not hot but it was warm enough. I can gage that by Skye because she does not ike swimming in the cold so if she is even a little cold she wants to get out. But she didn't...so it could not have been that cold. Early morning and later in the evening it got cool but not cold...we were pretty much done with cold by that time! Thank Goodness!!!!

Ya, I like the bigger ones better too...I know what's in them and have a hard time seeing it...I'm working onthat!

Hopefully I will have another day up soon!

Well that was nice lucking out like that! You guys did some serious dining! Me and the cold + swimming = NO FLIPPING WAY!!! Florida can be weird....40 one day 75 the next. It's like that here too. Drives me crazy!

I have just been so busy with work and football and re-arranging rooms at home and cathcing up with old high school class mates via our 20 year reunion web site (WOW...it has been 20 years this year...it does not feel like it!) and planning Homecoming activities that I just have not got the time to re-live my last vacation!

God knows, we need to though! Skye has started watching the planes take off and land (we live in a flight pattern near Midway Airport) and they are all either going to or coming home from "Mickey's House" and her acknowledgement of that is usually followed by a "I wish we were going to Mickey's House, Mom!" with the big, pouty lip and all!!!!

And hey, while I have you all here...I am the chairman of the Homecoming Committee for Tyler's football organization. Homecoming is September 27th. We have had a dance the night before but the last two years have been a pep rally...and I hear the cheer leaders are petitioning for a dance again. So anyway, this is my first year doing this. I have helped out before but I have not been actively involved in the planning part. The last few years have not been all that, hhhmmm, what is the word I am looking for??? Maybe memorable. I am hoping to do something really fun for the kids this year. I have a good group of moms wanting to help and we will probably be having our first meeting next week. But I need some suggestions for the festivities. We don't want to spend a ton of money but at the same time we would rather not do somethign that do it cheaply. Does that make sense? A suggestion has been made that we could possibly do a dance and a pep rally...that seems alike a lot to me...especially for my committee to plan and execute! So anybody got any ideas for me on pulling off a wonderful shin-dig????

I promise, I will get back to the World very soon!

Ok, so I have another day under my belt...I know, this is the longest 13 days in history and I assure you, it did not seem this lng while we were there!

So, lets get a move on!

So today we were up really early. I was extremely happy at how easily the kids were up and at ‘em. We took our “getting ready to leave” pictures which I tried to do everyday so that just in case someone got lost, I’d have a picture of exactly what they looked like that day.

029_29.jpg

We walked outside to darkness and fog.

030_30.jpg

It was really quiet though and all we saw were a few dads running to the food court. We took a couple of pictures In Andy’s room again and I thought something was wrong with my camera…until I tried Tyler’s and it case out the same. Then I realized it was the way the fog was capturing the flash…kinda neat hu? And I always love the way the pool looks early in the morning with all the steam (or fog today) coming off of it.

031_31.jpg

We headed up through the lobby and out to catch an early morning bus to the Magic Kingdom. Then we grabbed a monorail to the Polynesian for our early morning rendezvous with Lilo and Stitch. We had never eaten at Ohana before. I had heard mixed opinions about it but figured we’d give it a try. We took a pic or two in the lobby

032_32.jpg

033_33.jpg

034_34.jpg

and then arrived for out 8am ADR. We wee seated right away. This meal is served family style and we were seated near the window overlooking the bay. We really liked the look of the restaurant. We were all given leis and told that Lilo was not feeling well today so Goofy would be taking her place. We were kind of disappointed. The breads

035_35.jpg

and the fruit plate (you can see the juice there too!)

036_36.jpg

were brought quickly. The kids loved all of it. Then the platter of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes and biscuits showed up.

038_38.jpg

A waiter brought around Mickey waffles…and as you know those are a favorite with us. Stitch,

041_41.jpg

040_40.jpg

Goofy,

046_46.jpg

and Mickey

047_47.jpg

came around and they did the parade around the room too. For some reason, Skye did not want to go???

043_43.jpg

Pluto was very playful with everyone around.

045_45.jpg

044_44.jpg

They brought Tyler a cupcake with a candle and a tropical umbrella and sang Happy Birthday to him. And you can see the Mickey waffles in there too!

039_39.jpg

We loved this meal!!!! We want to take Lou back when we go again. It was nice not having to get up and worry about missing something and the food was all really good…with great bread and juice. We were there for about an hour and the total for this meal was $43.64…or 3 credits for us!

Ok....so my pictures are driving me crazy. I thought I did it correctly this time but they are still tiny! I can't see them and I know what is in them. I loke to read reports with big poctures so you can enjoy the beauty of them...anyone know what I am doing wrong????

:confused3

We've been so busy! Tyler's footbal team is having a great season!!! Sunday is their last game and they are UNDEFEATED so far! they have cinched their division...will have cinched their conference if they win on Sunday and then Play-offs start on the road to Super Bowl! they are doing so good this year!!!! I am so proud of those boys!

And we just adopted a baby kitty from Animal Welfare. He sign on her cage said she was 7 months old but we think only 3 in reality. they called me to pick her up the day of her surgery because she is only 3 pounds and has to be 4 to have it done. So we go pick her up and they hand me medicine...that no one mentioned before we adopted her. Ends up she supposedly has diarrhea (although, knock on wood, so far we have not seen it!) that she needs meds for. I don't know if it would have changed our minds if we had know before adpoting her but it would have been nice to know. So anyway, she kept me up most of last night trying to sleep as close to my mouth as she could possibly get!

But now I have reason to get this done so I am going to get on it! Not that I want to rush through but I do want to finish and I have a really great reason to too!

Oh darn...now I cannot get onto Photobucket...I am finally ready to update and I can't get to my pictures...I'll be back!

So we were up at 6am this morning.

DSC04106.jpg

We got ready and took the outside route to the catch a 7am bus to the Magic Kingdom for a very special appointment.

DSC04107.jpg

The kids an 8am visits to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in the castle!!!!! Skye had chosen to wear her own Jasmine costume that she brought from home. Tyler was getting the Cool Dude package. We were one of the first ones there to be let in the gate.

DSC04109.jpg

DSC04110.jpg

It was really great to be one of the only ones on Main Street.

DSC04112.jpg

DSC04113.jpg

We are not usually morning people so this is not something we usually see. We took a few pictures on the way and were the first people lined up at the door.

Right at 8am a Fairy Godmother in training came out with an invitation for Skyler to come into the room. She was so excited…she had been waiting for this day! The Photopass guy took a lot of pictures as did I.

DSC04117.jpg

DSC04119.jpg

DSC04121.jpg

DSC04124.jpg

DSC04122.jpg

DSC04123.jpg

DSC04120.jpg

DSC04118.jpg

DSC04125.jpg

We were there about 29 minutes total. Skye looked so pretty when she was done…not that she doesn’t usually! For both of them I paid $60.70. Skye got to pick her tiara, her nail polish (that had wishing stars in it. Her Fairy godmother in training told her that whenever one of the stars falls off she was to make a wish), her make-up colors, her hair style, her facial jewelry and which side of her cheek it would go on. And she got to keep her make-up (the whole pallet), some extra facial jewelry, and two different nail polishes. Plus she got a gem stone Mickey head barrette, a sash, and all of her items were placed in a nice Bibbiddi Bobbidi Boutique gift bag. I know I have more pictures from Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique...I'll be back...

So we walked out of there about 9:15am and took a walk around. We took some more pictures

049_49.jpg

048_48.jpg

and grabbed a monorail back to the Magic Kingdom. It was now warming up so the jackets went away.

051_51.jpg

Just after entering we saw Clarabelle Cow to the left of the hub.

050_50.jpg

While we were in line Tyler started laughing because the man in front of us was telling his kid all about her but he was calling her by a different name. We cannot remember what he was calling her now but it was a boy and nothing even like a cow. We got a good laugh at that. I guess everyone who goes to Disney is not as up on things as we are! We took some more photo pass pictures as we headed towards Tomorrowland.

image126.jpg

I love the Minnie and Mickey topiary to the side of the castle.

052_52.jpg

We rode Buzz

053_53.jpg

054_54.jpg

056_56.jpg

059_59.jpg

057_57.jpg

and Ty got mad because I beat him again…I never win when Lou is there so Tyler thought he’d take his place…I don’t stink that bad! No, neither does he, but I did win. Skye is just happy to think she is shooting at things! As we came out of there we found that Stitch had followed us over

image128.jpg

image129.jpg

image130.jpg

…he must have missed us! We saw Carousel of Progress again, the kids love it! Then we headed to the Laugh Floor.

063_63.jpg

062_62.jpg

060_60.jpg

Tyler wants to get on that screen so badly! We then grabbed a frozen coke at the Launching Pad for one snack credit (we still had 63 left at this point!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter