• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We get to go!

wdvak

Mouseketeer
Well DD16 and I were to go look at colleges in Washington and Oregon and visit DD23. Then DD16 decided to add some California colleges to our list. Now we get to get our Disney fix (as DH put it :goodvibes even though he doesn't get to come). To make it even better DD23 is coming with us. Woo hoo :cool1:.

We leave the 19th after school gets out and do the WA and ORi portion. Then we fly to CA arriving on the 24th, but will only have evenings (as we do have to visit those darn colleges :lmao:) on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. On Thursday we should have a good portion of the afternoon, and we have all day Saturday and Sunday. :banana: with it being memorial weekend how busy is it going to be? We drive to San Diego on the 30th.

Also how much traffic will I be facing? :scared1:

We are also debating between the premium double queen room at the Candy Cane Inn and the double queen mini suite at BWPPI. Which would you choose

DD23 hasn't been to DLR since she was 3. DD16 and I weird there for a couple of days last year. I'm soooo excited.

Plan on it to be busy at the parks on the holiday weekend.

BWPPI is a closer, faster walk. Never stayed there, but stayed next door to there.

I think from research of my own, CCI has a nicer breakfast layout. Hard pick. I think I'd go with CCI, and take advantage of their shuttle when possible, though it's totally walkable to/from the park. I've walked from twice as far.

Plan on it to be busy at the parks on the holiday weekend.

BWPPI is a closer, faster walk. Never stayed there, but stayed next door to there.

I think from research of my own, CCI has a nicer breakfast layout. Hard pick. I think I'd go with CCI, and take advantage of their shuttle when possible, though it's totally walkable to/from the park. I've walked from twice as far.

Well I figured it would be busy, but I'm not complaining as we will be having a blast.

DD23 and I were leaning towards CCI, but I keep looking at being right across the street :), but it isn't far to walk. Since DD23 wont be visiting most of the colleges with us (can't imagine why she is opting out of that to stay at the hotel and maybe go to the park :rotfl2:, sheesh) I think we will stay at CCI as the pool area looks nice.

I only bring up the walking, because I've read reviews/trip reports on other boards where people just felt the walk from CCI was "very far". And, I just don't get that!!! But it's very important for some folks. For me, a cleaner room, and a better breakfast is a plus.

I would lean toward the CCI, nicer hotel, appears cared for. To a family without little kids who can barely walk the extra 5 minutes of walking probably won't matter. And if you get a blister take the Shuttle Home.

It will be busy on the weekend. But if you get a multi day ticket and can sneek in on a Tues or Thurs afternoon/evening it will be great. Friday after 5 will get busy. But you could spend a few hours on Thursday night and ride a bunch of the Etickets.

Traffic won't be fun. Use carpool lanes every chance you get. Drive to SD will be either easy or a battle with traffic the whole way. SD has traffic problems too so either drive early or late. But get used to it. Weather in Socal might be a big decider in where you will be visiting DD at her University some day.

I'm glad you get to go!

And when you visit colleges, remember that there are two types of people in this world...people who went to the University of Washington, and people who didn't!!!

I only bring up the walking, because I've read reviews/trip reports on other boards where people just felt the walk from CCI was "very far". And, I just don't get that!!! But it's very important for some folks. For me, a cleaner room, and a better breakfast is a plus.

I don't think the walk will be a problem, and you are right about cleaner rooms and the breakfast. So we have a decision!! :cool1:

I would lean toward the CCI, nicer hotel, appears cared for. To a family without little kids who can barely walk the extra 5 minutes of walking probably won't matter. And if you get a blister take the Shuttle Home.

It will be busy on the weekend. But if you get a multi day ticket and can sneek in on a Tues or Thurs afternoon/evening it will be great. Friday after 5 will get busy. But you could spend a few hours on Thursday night and ride a bunch of the Etickets.

Traffic won't be fun. Use carpool lanes every chance you get. Drive to SD will be either easy or a battle with traffic the whole way. SD has traffic problems too so either drive early or late. But get used to it. Weather in Socal might be a big decider in where you will be visiting DD at her University some day.

I don't think the walk will be a problem so have decided on CCI. I can hardly wait. DD23 has been pulling for it just because of the name :lmao:

We are getting a multi day pass so that we can go when we feel like it. I'm hoping to see WoC before the weekend, but if not we will see it then. I'm also hoping that by some magic we catch a soft opening for Star Tours, but am not holding my breath on that.

I figured that the traffic could be difficult especially since we aren't used to it here in Alaska, but it will all work out one way or another. :goodvibes you are right about the weather. I think between that and having Tang Soo Do schools in the area may be a deciding factor for her.

I'm glad you get to go!

And when you visit colleges, remember that there are two types of people in this world...people who went to the University of Washington, and people who didn't!!!

So true ;) however since she is looking for a small liberal arts college to start out with that puts UW down the list. :)

Thank you for the good wishes. DD16 has 1 week of school (with finals of course :upsidedow) left. Then we are off on our college trip and to Disneyland!

party::woohoo:pixiedust::yay:

I'm glad you get to go!

You got it Dobie! Huskies all the way!! Although I live in E. WA now, my son plans on going to WSU. Such a traitor! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter