We get a Disney hotel for 1 night..CBR/ CSR??

Mynamewastaken

DIS Veteran
We are vacationing in Tampa this Feb (womp womp womp) but we are taking a trip to Discovery Cove. I talked DH into staying the night prior in Orlando ( pretty much begged) so we could be at D.C when it opens ( we are doing the dolphin swim). Anyhow, I get 1 night in a Disney hotel and that is as close as I am going to get this time around :( Moderate range is where we are comfortable. I have stayed at POR twice already and want something new, We have 2 kids (a girl 9 and boy 7). Hopefully, the weather will be ok for them to swim on Feb 14th. I am thinking either CSR or CBR. Which do you think they would like more? CBR is 18 less than CSR so the cost is the same in my eyes. Opinions please.DH HATES Disney and is no help at all. He would prefer we stay in a downtown Disney hotel for cheaper but I want the kids to have at least 1 day of fun this vacation. DH wanted a beach vacation so he wins the rest of the week. We get a night...all is fair in love and war lol. HELP please........

We are vacationing in Tampa this Feb (womp womp womp) but we are taking a trip to Discovery Cove. I talked DH into staying the night prior in Orlando ( pretty much begged) so we could be at D.C when it opens ( we are doing the dolphin swim). Anyhow, I get 1 night in a Disney hotel and that is as close as I am going to get this time around :( Moderate range is where we are comfortable. I have stayed at POR twice already and want something new, We have 2 kids (a girl 9 and boy 7). Hopefully, the weather will be ok for them to swim on Feb 14th. I am thinking either CSR or CBR. Which do you think they would like more? CBR is 18 less than CSR so the cost is the same in my eyes. Opinions please.DH HATES Disney and is no help at all. He would prefer we stay in a downtown Disney hotel for cheaper but I want the kids to have at least 1 day of fun this vacation. DH wanted a beach vacation so he wins the rest of the week. We get a night...all is fair in love and war lol. HELP please........

My choice would be CBR. We've never stayed at CSR, but we loved everything about CBR. The grounds are beautiful and relaxing, the food court is nice, and the pool has a fun pirate theme for kids. Our boys were 8 & 6 when we stayed there and we spent a lot of time at the pool. We have tried other resorts since CBR, but we wouldn't hesitate to go back. Good luck.

We like CSR...the main pool is very cool themed, lots of choices of restaurants, lots of amenities, and the theming overall is very nicely done. Our favorite mod

My choice would be CBR. We've never stayed at CSR, but we loved everything about CBR. The grounds are beautiful and relaxing, the food court is nice, and the pool has a fun pirate theme for kids. Our boys were 8 & 6 when we stayed there and we spent a lot of time at the pool. We have tried other resorts since CBR, but we wouldn't hesitate to go back. Good luck.

This. :thumbsup2

but I want the kids to have at least 1 day of fun this vacation. DH wanted a beach vacation so he wins the rest of the week.

You're spending a week in Florida in winter and you think the kids won't have any fun??

There are so many amazing things to do in Florida without ever going to Disney. My best vacation ever was our trip in 2011 and we didn't step foot on Disney property.

If you're looking for a hotel that the kids will love and are willing to try somewhere that's not Disney, Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal is awesome. 2 huge pools and a "beach", a lazy river, a waterslide, a bowling alley, a good food court and a Starbucks, movies at night...I loved it way more than my stay at Pop Century.

We've visited Caribbean Beach Resort and thought it was OK. The pool looked really fun, and the food court selections were good. It was very busy and loud, though. Our only onsite stay has been Pop, and I camped at Fort Wilderness as a kid in the 1990s. I liked Pop just fine. I wish they had a slide or lazy river, though! :)

If you're going to be in Tampa, I highly recommend Busch Gardens. It's an amazing theme park, and their "nice" restaurant overlooks their savanna, and you can watch the giraffes frolic as you eat. Our time there out ranks Animal Kingdom any day.

You're spending a week in Florida in winter and you think the kids won't have any fun??

There are so many amazing things to do in Florida without ever going to Disney. My best vacation ever was our trip in 2011 and we didn't step foot on Disney property.

If you're looking for a hotel that the kids will love and are willing to try somewhere that's not Disney, Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal is awesome. 2 huge pools and a "beach", a lazy river, a waterslide, a bowling alley, a good food court and a Starbucks, movies at night...I loved it way more than my stay at Pop Century.

We've visited Caribbean Beach Resort and thought it was OK. The pool looked really fun, and the food court selections were good. It was very busy and loud, though. Our only onsite stay has been Pop, and I camped at Fort Wilderness as a kid in the 1990s. I liked Pop just fine. I wish they had a slide or lazy river, though! :)

If you're going to be in Tampa, I highly recommend Busch Gardens. It's an amazing theme park, and their "nice" restaurant overlooks their savanna, and you can watch the giraffes frolic as you eat. Our time there out ranks Animal Kingdom any day.

I am a snoot I know. I know I should be grateful that I can go on vacation. I am just super bummed we can't go to Disney. My kids and I live for it. Just seems so unnatural for us to be in the state and no go. The kids are upset so I figured staying on property will liven their spirits a little (and mine too). I know we will have a good time. Anything is better than 3 feet of snow and cold. Thanks for the reminder on being grateful. Sometimes I need a reality check!

I've stayed at both and I definitely prefer CBR, which with its very recent makeover, now has queen size beds. They both have their pluses and minuses but to me, the theming of CBR is just a little more Disney and a little less executive.

Tom

Thanks for all your input. It is so hard to choose. Playing around I can do the Swan for 34.00 more or for 12.00 more I could do the French Quarter. I think my kids might prefer CBR. So for now I am going to stick with it. Is 201.22 a lot for one night??

That's probably reasonable given that it is prime vacation schedule that time of year and no good discounts. We are staying at the Dolphin in 2 weeks (my ticker is off as I didn't change it when we moved a couple of days later) to me it would be a tease to stay at an Epcot Resort and not go.....or, are you planning on a Disney day? If you are going to a park for a day, the Swan might be a good choice as you are walk/boat away from Epcot and DHS.

Tom

Sadly no parks :( We are staying the night up there and going to Discovery Cove in the morning.

If you aren't going to the parks, I would highly recommend CBR -- the grounds are beautiful there and the kids will love the pool. I think the slide at CBR is longer but the theming of the pool at CBR should be more fun for them.

TOm

I think I am going to go with CBR. My kids are little and I think they would like that pirate splash area. My daughter loves water slides as does my son but I think I'll save it for when they are older so they can enjoy the little pirate park while they are little and into it. Tough decision though!!!

I think I am going to go with CBR. My kids are little and I think they would like that pirate splash area. My daughter loves water slides as does my son but I think I'll save it for when they are older so they can enjoy the little pirate park while they are little and into it. Tough decision though!!!

Excellent choice! We love CBR!

I love CSR, but I would think kids might prefer CBR.

Are they going to be cool with being that close to the parks but unable to actually go? Seems almost cruel to me, LOL! I'm 41 and it would break my heart to be that close but forbidden to go to the parks. I think I'd rather just stay somewhere else completely to avoid the heartbreak. But you know your kids! :)

I love CSR, but I would think kids might prefer CBR.

Are they going to be cool with being that close to the parks but unable to actually go? Seems almost cruel to me, LOL! I'm 41 and it would break my heart to be that close but forbidden to go to the parks. I think I'd rather just stay somewhere else completely to avoid the heartbreak. But you know your kids! :)

I agree. I had the same thought. I do not think being at a WDW hotel & not able to go into a park would be fun for me or the kids. I am with your DH. Stay at a DTD hotel and go to T Rex for dinner. JMHO.
Good Luck

Oh it's going to break all our hearts but they were the ones who begged me to book it so they could feel like they were at Disney. I told them several times we can't go to the park but they don't care (0r so they said) It will be ok, they can swim and we will go to Downtown Disney for the night. They have Discovery Cove for the morning and chef Mickeys at night before we return to Tampa. Oh if only I could convince my DH to let them (eh em us) go to the park for one day. That will be a no go for sure :(. They have plenty of other things during the week that will be fun for them/us.

Oh it's going to break all our hearts but they were the ones who begged me to book it so they could feel like they were at Disney. I told them several times we can't go to the park but they don't care (0r so they said) It will be ok, they can swim and we will go to Downtown Disney for the night. They have Discovery Cove for the morning and chef Mickeys at night before we return to Tampa. Oh if only I could convince my DH to let them (eh em us) go to the park for one day. That will be a no go for sure :(. They have plenty of other things during the week that will be fun for them/us.
Too bad we couldn't score free passes lol.

I think you'll have a great time, even if it is for just 1 night ::yes::. A little bit of Disney (whether it's only a resort or a park) is better than no Disney ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter