We found SWEET TEA at Olivia's!!

Diznejen1

DIS Veteran
My DH is a die hard sweet tea fan. We see to have the hardest time finding it on property...until NOW!!:banana:

We had an EXCELLENT dinner at Olivia's Cafe at OKW and our server (john...who was AWESOME btw) said they had sweet tea!!!

Anyone looking for a great meal, great atmosphere and sweet tea....
try Olivia's...you wont be disspointed!:cloud9:

Ssssshhhhh! don't tell anyone about our secret!!

We ate at Olivia's and it's our must go to place now.

We love Olivia's for lunch, especially if we can sit outside. they have great sandwiches and a good burger. It is very relaxing sitting outside and since we are from Pa. and usually go in Jan. or March, sitting outside in the winter is an added bonus. Our home resort is OKW and we love it there.

Yipee! Tho we aren't big sweet tea people, I have Olivia's down for our lunch on arrival day, and one other dinner during our vaca at OKW. Glad you folks like the restaurant.

YEAH!!! My husband will be sooooo happy.:cloud9: We will be there soon and will have to have some!:goodvibes

Glad to hear about sweet tea at Columbia Harbour House. We love Sweet tea. My son is in law school in North Carolina, and I love to visit him and also Idrink alot of sweet tea when I'm there.

Olivia's is one of my favorite TS restaurants. Beer and wings . . . mmmmmmm

we have an ADR for Olivias in dec! we cant wait to try it....my dd olivia picked it lol

We stumbled upon Olivia's and are so glad we did. We were hesitant about going to a DVC resort,(not being a member and all) and possibly feeling like we didn't belong. WRONG answer! We sat down and felt like we belonged there!
Can't wait to go back!
:lovestruc

What is sweet tea? I see this expression all the time. Is it just regular iced tea with sugar in it? If so you can add your own sugar to the tea served anywhere couldn't you?:confused3

What is sweet tea? I see this expression all the time. Is it just regular iced tea with sugar in it? If so you can add your own sugar to the tea served anywhere couldn't you?:confused3

Oh NO!!!!! Not the same at all. Southern Sweet Tea is made when the tea is hot and steeping you add about 1 cup of sugar to five cups of hot tea. Let the sugar melt and then add water to make 1 gallon. It is wonderful. If you truely want to taste sweet tea, try a Chic Fil A.

Oh NO!!!!! Not the same at all. Southern Sweet Tea is made when the tea is hot and steeping you add about 1 cup of sugar to five cups of hot tea. Let the sugar melt and then add water to make 1 gallon. It is wonderful. If you truely want to taste sweet tea, try a Chic Fil A.

:lmao: I live in Florida now and know all about sweet tea ( I make it every day at work) but I'm from California and several years ago when I was waiting tables a customer asked me if we had sweet tea:confused3 I said , 'the sugar is right there on the table', they asked, so you don't have sweet tea? I looked at them with this kinda blank look, and again pointed out the sweeteners on the table... the guy said never mind, just bring me a coke.

so when I went to the waitress station to get his coke I was telling another server that I had this wacko customer asking if we had sweet tea... well, she started laughing (loudly) and then explained to me that just about anywhere from Texas east they put the sugar in while the tea is hot so it desolves and therefor it's called "sweet tea":rolleyes1 like I should know that:confused3

:lmao:

Yes, there is sugar on the table...but as the previous poster has said, if you DON'T put the sugar in the tea while it is hot....the sugar just sinks to the bottom. Sweet tea is a southern thing and being in Florida...I would just think that more than 3 places on WDW property would have it.
Kudos to those locations that do!:goodvibes

We really enjoy Olivia's and always joke that is underrated and unkown, but we like it that way (easier for us to eat there)!:laughing:

Sweet tea is definately different than putting the sugar in the tea is cold. I miss the sweat tea they used to have at LTT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter