• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We flew back yesterday (Friday) due to Irene.

Kimberle

WL Vet
We were suppost to leave tomorrow, Sunday. The airport was full of others who live in the NYC area who were also cutting their vacations short.

Today, we've been getting ready. Staples was actually busier than the supermarket. *LOL* I got everything I need, except penut butter. That shelf was completely clean!

This is the 2nd time I've had a vacation cut short due to a hurricane. No more Disney in August.

Otherwise, we had a wonderful time. We loved our WL room. It overlooked a quiet little pond and we could see the fireworks through the trees. The boats and buses were great. We didn't make it to AK as that was scheduled for Fri and TL as that was Sat. I was suprised at how much of the Fantasyland construction was visable. The parks were really busy. (We go this same week every year.)

Sorry you had to cut your vacation short, but glad you got home ok. Be safe with the storm...it hasn't been that bad yet, but the news is saying our worst winds will be coming between 5 and 10 tonight.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your vacation even if it was cut short. Welcome home and stay safe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter