We finally got assigned to our stateroom on the Wonder!! From cat. 7A GTY to 4A!!

lchan1982

Earning My DVC Ears
My wife and I will be on the May 28 Alaskan Cruise. We want a stateroom with verandah but don't want to spend a fortune, so we just booked a 7A GTY and hope for the best. I check today and found that we are assigned to room 8028!! That is category 4A!! We are very excited!! :yay: My wife and I travel quite often and got upgraded only once before. The only time we got upgraded was at the AKL last september!! We didn't even know the CM upgraded us to a one bedroom suites with Savanna view until we enter our room!! What a great surprise!! I love DISNEY!!!:yay:

Just curious, anyone else booked 7A GTY and got upgraded?

Good luck to all who booked a 7A GTY room and are still waiting. :thumbsup2

BTW... we are disappointed Disney didn't upgrade us to a one bedroom suite this time!!! lol... J/K :rotfl2:

Congrats!!

We're on the Wonder in 2 weeks and still have yet to get our OGT room assignment lol

We're also on the May 28th Alaska cruise. Booked an 11B and got assigned a 9B.... so we're pretty happy as well. I wonder if the Alaska trips aren't filling up as well as they hoped.

We're also on the May 28th Alaska cruise. Booked an 11B and got assigned a 9B.... so we're pretty happy as well. I wonder if the Alaska trips aren't filling up as well as they hoped.

Congrats!! That's what I think too. I was able to book all three Palo dining. I believe the brunch and high tea are still available right now. Maybe Alaska doesn't entreat as many family?:confused: Or maybe the recent cruise news from the past few months turned people away?

Anyways... I know we will have a great time no matter what! :woohoo:

We are also on your cruise. We booked a cat 5C and were given a 4B! Very excited also, and we will be on deck 8 as well :)

Is the online check in required for a cabin assignment or do you get it either way? I still haven't decided if I want to do the online check in or just wait for the paper documents. Any advice?

We are on your cruise and also got a magical upgrade from 2 cat 6A GTY rooms to 4B! I am SOOOOO excited and I am sure you are as well! :goodvibes

Is the online check in required for a cabin assignment or do you get it either way? I still haven't decided if I want to do the online check in or just wait for the paper documents. Any advice?

I am not sure if checking in online would assign you a stateroom earlier, but I would recommend checking in online just for your own convenience. Just print the signature forms and hand it to the port CM. That's it!! I have only been to Port Canaveral, but I think checking in would be the same at Seattle as well.

Have a great time on your cruise! :thumbsup2

That is great news! Thank you for sharing, I have a GTY room for our upcoming cruise, your news makes me feel less nervous about it, again congratulations! Enjoy!

That is great news! Thank you for sharing, I have a GTY room for our upcoming cruise, your news makes me feel less nervous about it, again congratulations! Enjoy!

I can feel some good news coming your way soon!! GOOD LUCK!! :wizard:

What an awesome upgrade! How fun!

I'm curious...we're doing that same cruise and have adjoining staterooms with Grandma and Grandpa. Do adjoining staterooms ever get upgrades? We're not GTY and this is our first Disney cruise. Just curious! Either way, we're super excited for our vacation!:goodvibes

Adjoining rooms DO get upgrades. We had gty not guaranteed adjoining rooms on deck 2 with a porthole..... just happened where we were put was deck two and we just got upgraded to verandah on deck six with adjoining for our July cruise!! We have always had a verandah and thought this time we could do without but we ended up getting one anyways!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter