We Don't Play Nice With Others. (Complete!)

I just want to say I am in on following this :) My heart was in my mouth reading about your travel day! I am never going to complain again about my journey from England! Well, unless it ends up pretty much like yours, then I will indeed complain. But hey :rolleyes2

Looking forward to the MIL after seeing your meme for her..... ;)
:welcome: How brave of you for continuing to follow along even after the nightmare of my travel day! :lmao: Yes if your travel day ends up like mine, feel free to complain! We flew to Germany in July and I remember saying so many times how much easier it was to get across the ocean than down it's coast. :sad2:

Oh my what a stressful travel day!! I am so spoiled by direct flights! :faint:
It made us wish we could get such a thing. The price we pay to live on a small island far from Disney!

OMG! That is the travel day from hell. I'm so glad you finally got there...hope your bags finally catch up!

Jill in CO
Yes, yes it absolutely was! A bad way to start, that's for sure.

Wow! I knew you had a rough start, but I didn't know things were as bad as they were.
Oh it was bad. Traveling from my island is never really easy, but seriously this was beyond.

What a masterful telling of an excruciatingly stressful travel day!
Haha well thank you! Glad I could make it entertaining. :thumbsup2

But hooray for the people who helped you along the way:

Your MIL- "stay on the line while the phone goes through xray" :lmao:
The flight attendants who asked your fellow travelers to give you a head start :cheer2:
The airport employees who helped speed you through pixiedust:

PHEW!!!

We would not have made it at all without them, that's for sure.

I'm glad everyone arrived in one piece.

Sorry you couldn't say the same for your luggage.
Oh that luggage. Things were just going too good for us that day apparently. :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

:sad2:

I'm tired just from listening to your travel day. Glad you did end up making it onto your flight!

I can't imagine how exhausted you must have been when you finally got to crash into the bed!
It was exhausting to say the least, I get tired just thinking about it. What a day!

Oh. My. Gosh. No words for that fiasco. Just happy you all made it to Orlando safely that night... er, next morning... :sad2:

What a wild ride! I know my family wouldn't have made it though all of that :rotfl2:

Hopefully this doesn't set the tone for the whole trip :thumbsup2

Goodness, that was one helluva ride!!! Good thing I was buckled up!!! :rotfl2:

But glad you got there safe and sound... Minus the luggage that is... :rolleyes:

Oh Wendy! What a horrible, no good travel day! I'm happy that you made it, but the cost seemed pretty steep. :sad2:

Even though you don't have many photos this TR, I love your Disney inserts (I have absolutely NO idea what the techinical name for them are, help me out...)!

I do understand you not bringing your big fancy camera. It's never fun to feel like a sherpa in Disney. I get my DH to carry it around the first couple of days, then I do. By day 4 or 5 it's left in the room for the lighter, more comfortable P&S or cell phone.

Joining in for the fun. Or at least what I hope ends up being fun after reading about your travel day. Whew! I'm worn out just from reading about your experience.:faint:

Reading from my phone. Don't need pictures for this fiasco. What a horrible travel day. No wonder you lost your luggage. Well you didn't. But sheesh. So glad you made it but who needs that stress.

I... just...

giphy.gif

Well, on the flip side, at least they didn't lose your plane? :confused3 ;)

What an incredibly sucky travel day! And you already have the travel days from hell! Ugh, so sorry, but the mental image of you hauling through the airport is a good one!

Oh. My. Gosh. No words for that fiasco. Just happy you all made it to Orlando safely that night... er, next morning... :sad2:
Haha yeah, we had no words either. I really couldn't believe we actually made it!

What a wild ride! I know my family wouldn't have made it though all of that :rotfl2:

Hopefully this doesn't set the tone for the whole trip :thumbsup2
I was surprised we didn't lose one of the little ones! :lmao: It was a hard way to start but we didn't let it stop us. :thumbsup2

Goodness, that was one helluva ride!!! Good thing I was buckled up!!! :rotfl2:

But glad you got there safe and sound... Minus the luggage that is... :rolleyes:
Omg yes, when you said that all I could think was, "Wait until I write my travel day update!!!" :lmao:

Oh Wendy! What a horrible, no good travel day! I'm happy that you made it, but the cost seemed pretty steep. :sad2:
Ahh haha yes, it sucked at the time, but now it makes for some good stories!

Even though you don't have many photos this TR, I love your Disney inserts (I have absolutely NO idea what the techinical name for them are, help me out...)!
Gifs!

"The Graphics Interchange Format (better known by its acronym GIF; /ˈdʒɪf/ or /ˈɡɪf/) is a bitmap image format that was introduced by CompuServe in 1987 and has since come into widespread usage on the World Wide Web due to its wide support and portability."

:thumbsup2

I do understand you not bringing your big fancy camera. It's never fun to feel like a sherpa in Disney. I get my DH to carry it around the first couple of days, then I do. By day 4 or 5 it's left in the room for the lighter, more comfortable P&S or cell phone.
You totally nailed it, it's like being a sherpa! And what's worse is I have one and hubby has his own, so there's no passing it around!:rotfl2:

GIF!! That was truly on the tip of my tongue, but was scared to put it out there in cyberspace for fear of being wrong.

Thanks Wendy!

Whoa, I'm in. The title got me. And, you were there right after we were, so I'm always interested to see the similarities/differences in trips!

Holy travel day. So glad you made it but, wow.

Oh, and I loved the image of your MIL!:rotfl:

oh.my.word.

That just all falls into the what else could possibly go wrong bucket.

Still.

Impressive beyond belief that you actually made it there without an overnight stranding scenario and that of all the bags only 2 were missing. Totally bites that it was YOUR two though.

Sounds like the kids handled it quite well??????

God, at that hour, anything would have sounded heavenly to eat. You poor things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter 1: A Rough Start

Saturday, Sept. 20

Now that's a long travel day.
...well this TR already reads like the opening to the novel. I certainly hope that, barring a planned Disney Run, that's as much stress-running you did for the rest of your vacation! Yeep!

Subbed!

Also, super excited to see I'm not the only one who thought using Disney gifs in TRs would be fun, though I think you clearly had the idea first because you said this is your fourth. Me, I'm just now planning our first visit ever, unless you count my vicarious vacationing through the TR board, :D.

That was a rough travel day...:confused3can't wait to hear about the other days. Sounds like you have some stories to tell!

Joining in for the fun. Or at least what I hope ends up being fun after reading about your travel day. Whew! I'm worn out just from reading about your experience.:faint:
Hi Lisa! :welcome: haha yes, not a very inviting opening, so thank you for sticking with me despite it! :rotfl:

Reading from my phone. Don't need pictures for this fiasco. What a horrible travel day. No wonder you lost your luggage. Well you didn't. But sheesh. So glad you made it but who needs that stress.
No photos were taken during the making of the opening chapter. :rotfl: all you missed were some gifs. It was completely horrible, but made for some great stories!

I... just... Well, on the flip side, at least they didn't lose your plane? :confused3 ;) What an incredibly sucky travel day! And you already have the travel days from hell! Ugh, so sorry, but the mental image of you hauling through the airport is a good one!
Right? But you do have a point! They didn't lose my plane so I should be thankful for that!
OMG Dani I wish I had some video footage of us running, a go-pro on my head maybe. :rotfl:

GIF!! That was truly on the tip of my tongue, but was scared to put it out there in cyberspace for fear of being wrong. Thanks Wendy!
I never doubted you! :thumbsup2

Wow, what a rough start to your trip! I really hope that it gets better from here!
It does, I promise the whole report won't be like that! :rotfl:

Whoa, I'm in. The title got me. And, you were there right after we were, so I'm always interested to see the similarities/differences in trips! Holy travel day. So glad you made it but, wow. Oh, and I loved the image of your MIL!:rotfl:
Haha :welcome: brave soul, and thanks for having the courage to stick around after an opening like that!

oh.my.word. That just all falls into the what else could possibly go wrong bucket. Still. Impressive beyond belief that you actually made it there without an overnight stranding scenario and that of all the bags only 2 were missing. Totally bites that it was YOUR two though. Sounds like the kids handled it quite well?????? God, at that hour, anything would have sounded heavenly to eat. You poor things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We kept wondering what else could go wrong, but then we stopped asking because there was always an answer to it!! :rotfl:
I still can't believe, looking back on all that happened, that we made it.
Ahh, just one bag for us actually, we packed light and shared. Didn't help us in the end! Lol
The kids were total champs. PrinceC6 was loving RUNNING with adults through an airport at 9:00pm! :lmao:
Yes, McDonalds cheeseburgers were better than Le Cellier cheddar cheese soup or dole whips or anything in that moment.

...well this TR already reads like the opening to the novel. I certainly hope that, barring a planned Disney Run, that's as much stress-running you did for the rest of your vacation! Yeep! Subbed! Also, super excited to see I'm not the only one who thought using Disney gifs in TRs would be fun, though I think you clearly had the idea first because you said this is your fourth. Me, I'm just now planning our first visit ever, unless you count my vicarious vacationing through the TR board, :D.
I feel like I should actually write a novel about it. Maybe I'll adapt my TR when it's finished. :rotfl:
:welcome: and thank you so much for hanging on tight through my opening post!
First visit ever?? Awesome! I'm hopping over to your report now because I adore first visits!

That was a rough travel day...:confused3can't wait to hear about the other days. Sounds like you have some stories to tell!
Oh stories indeed, thankfully they weren't all bad! ;)

Right? But you do have a point! They didn't lose my plane so I should be thankful for that!
OMG Dani I wish I had some video footage of us running, a go-pro on my head maybe. :rotfl:

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We should definitely get on that. Some sort of hidden camera in Mickey Ears? ;)

I would have been psychotic and nobody would have been safe in my wrath lol You handled that much better than I would have :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter