"We don't like Disney, we like . . ."

MORE! MORE! Please! I have to hear more stories of "THOSE" people. :rotfl2: :lmao:

I needed a good laugh today. Don't you just love these "know it alls". I don't know if anyone can beat the big globe in epcot being Universal. That is just so ditzy. :cloud9:

:lmao: toooo funny!

I know alot of people who think that way. Or think that MGM is Universal, and vise versa.
When I went to Epcot as a child I hated it. The only ride was in the "golf ball" and it was boring. Well, now that I am a "grown up" I love Epcot...especially the rides.

The first time I went as an adult with my own family I honestly only went on what I remembered from being a child. I think we may have ordered a planning video but that was about it. It was the first time I had ever stade onsite too. The next time we went, we planned a little better, bought the official guide book... but still just kinda going with the flow. Last year, I bought both the official and unofficial guide books, made a few ADR's and sort of mapped out our days. at least a good idea of what we thought we would do. This year...I think I have even planned out our potty breaks. Not really, but close. Every meal booked (DP)...except CS, even our OOP ones. I have already planned out which parks, what days, etc. We have added to our book collection again and added a new one with the Passporter...watched the same planning DVD from the last year...new one isn't out yet. It seems like the more we go the more I want to plan it. I know there are still things I have not seen or done.

How can they be in Epcot and see MICKEY FREAKING MOUSE and not know they're in Disney?? Ugh. I feel bad for those kinda people. Why spend so much money on a vacation you're so clueless about?

When I worked at Disney Store, I had to explain to people at LEAST 10 times a day that Scooby, Dora, and Shrek were NOT Disney characters.

I'm a hairdresser who shares your love of Disney! You can just start coming to me, lol. See, I'm dising while i'm inbetween clients :smooth:

My sister in Law is one of "those people" and I just dont feel up to arguing with her to correct her. She is going down with her son and husband over Dec 25 to be on tv when they show the parade live on tv Dec. 25. They just want to go for the day and then go to the beach or something because there isnt much to do there ???! She also thinks all they have is CS.

I can only imagine what I will hear when they get back, I have said 3xs the parade is taped the first weekend in Dec, it takes them all day and they run the "parade" several times. Darn, I guess that means I will have a quiet Christmas this year!!!!

A very good friend of DH and mine who is actually a pretty smart guy was talking to us about WDW last summer. He has 4 kids who are perfect ages to go and he's wanting to send them with their grandparents (he and DW are going thru a divorce) and thought that Magic Kingdom is "Disney World". I was stumped by that until I figured out what he was talking about. So we got him straight that it's Magic Kingdom, not just Disney World. Then he said that he'd heard Universal had 2 or 3 other really great parks so he may just send them there. Uuuuhhhh, he was talking about AK, MGM and EPCOT. I had a massive headache after that conversation. I honestly don't know where the grandparents and children will end up.

OK I'm going to stand up for those who don't know about Disney ...

We often tend to forget that WDW is a monster area! Its HUGE! Most theme parks in America are one day parks. Some other ones consist of two parks but they are usualy right beside each other and within walking distance. Before planning for my honeymoon, I didn't understand the vastness of the place.

Also alot people just don't undertand the concept of WDW. When someone asked me where we were honeymoonin I always told them WDW. They would either say ... "oh California" or "Thats the place with the big castle" When ever I mentioned MGM I was always asked how I like Jaws and Back to the Future! People also seem to think that Mickey is behind every corner!

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

MisunderstoodLilo said:
How can they be in Epcot and see MICKEY FREAKING MOUSE and not know they're in Disney?? Ugh. I feel bad for those kinda people. Why spend so much money on a vacation you're so clueless about?

When I worked at Disney Store, I had to explain to people at LEAST 10 times a day that Scooby, Dora, and Shrek were NOT Disney characters.

That's funny too! :rotfl2: Guess some people aren't as smart as us DISer's :cool1:

Fantasmic303 said:
You think that's bad - at least you had the OPTION of conversing with her about it, maybe even correcting her.

My dental hygienist is one of THOSE people too!! Except that she's been there a bunch of times, and everytime I get my teeth cleaned, I have to listen to it. LISTEN TO IT. She asks me questions, knowing I can't answer them with more than a grunt. She makes comments about her feelings about her vacation, knowing my only response can be a roll of the eyes (for all the stupid people she encountered), raised eyebrows (for the GREAT deals she got) or a blank stare (for when she's revealing some BREAKING news about Disney).

Wow! What torture that would be! You don't even get a chance to correct her. I call these people "fountains of misinformation".

I forgive people who have never been there, but don't come back after a full week on-site calling it "Disneyland". I don't get the not knowing Epcot is Disney thing. You have to drive past the "Welcome to Walt Disney World" sign before hitting Epcot.
The Epcot park tickets have Disney characters on them. There are Disney characters in the park and Walt Disney World pins, T-shirts, etc. being sold
in the park. There are people eating Mickey shaped ice cream bars.

As others have said, it boggles the mind....

I was getting a pedicure yesterday and a lady in the spa was getting a manicure and said she was headed to Disney ::MickeyMo . I said "how wonderful" and she
proceeded to say they have a time share at OKW. "Awesome"..I said...as we chatted about her pending trip tomorrow she said one of her fav rides is THE HULK...I was really confused :confused3 because I was not sure if she was headed to IOA after Disney but in MY confusion I did not ask her to clarify but to tell someone how much they love Disney and the ride HULK....left me wondering & scratching my head... :rolleyes2 ! She had no idea about the DDP, about DME or the Disney Photopass...but upon check in she would inquire at Concierge about all of the above....I did NOT even get started with "you probably should have done all this ALREADY!" :crazy2: For someone having DVC, I thought she would already be aware of all those options!!!

Don't get me wrong, she was lovely but this conversation was definitely weird :crazy:

When I used to work at Disney-MGM, and people would ask where Jaws was, we would direct them down Hollywood Blvd., out the front gate, onto the tram, back to their car, follow the signs to I-4 east, exit at Universal...etc..

Sorry but I just had to add in my experience with a co-worker. She is going to Disney in a couple of weeks and said that CBR was inside of Epcot. She told me first that they could walk out of their hotel room and right into Epcot. She also said that Epcot was run by solar power, even the rides. I thought this was bad until she said recently that CBR guests got access to Epcot 24 hours a day. I give up on trying to make her see otherwise. I just giggle and hope the truth isn't too hard to bear. :lmao: :rotfl2:

I'm still working on trying to get my co-workers and even PARENTS to realize that WDW is in Florida, Disneyland is in California.

Me: "I'm going to Florida in September for my birthday!"

them: "Oh, are you going to Disneyland?"

Me: "No, I went to California last year, I'm going to Disney WORLD while in Florida..."

them: "Have fun at Disneyland!"

I just smile and nod then shake my fist when they've got their backs turned! :)

I guess I don't have the patience that most of you have. When this stuff happens to me, I will talk and talk until I MAKE them understand what the truth is. I do ths very nicely, all the while wanting to grab their hair and bang their head against a concrete wall! :teeth: :rolleyes2

penguingirlie said:
Sorry but I just had to add in my experience with a co-worker. She is going to Disney in a couple of weeks and said that CBR was inside of Epcot. She told me first that they could walk out of their hotel room and right into Epcot. She also said that Epcot was run by solar power, even the rides. I thought this was bad until she said recently that CBR guests got access to Epcot 24 hours a day. I give up on trying to make her see otherwise. I just giggle and hope the truth isn't too hard to bear. :lmao: :rotfl2:

I must have booked the wrong room last time I stayed at CBR. :lmao: :lmao: 24 hours a day????? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: How do they get the solar power at night??? or does the sun never set in WDW? :lmao:
merryg

sunny_stace said:
Me: "I'm going to Florida in September for my birthday!"

them: "Oh, are you going to Disneyland?"

Me: "No, I went to California last year, I'm going to Disney WORLD while in Florida..."

them: "Have fun at Disneyland!"

:)

OH MAN!!! I have to say that is one of MY biggest peeves....it just IRKS me when people cannot or chose NOT to get the WORLD and LAND straight....

I have given up on all my friends and even with my FAMILY...YUP, "Oh, Karen and her family are off to Disneyland again"...."MOM, it is DisneyWORLD not land"....

They think Disneyland is DisneyWorld and DisneyWorld is just plain DISNEY!!!

COME ON WHAT IS UP WITH THAT....!!!! :confused3

Pocohantasfan said:
thought that Magic Kingdom is "Disney World". I was stumped by that until I figured out what he was talking about.

I had this same conversation with a friend last year (who grew up in Florida) and who has Disney memorabilia all over the house.

At least they know that Disney is Disney and they have the company owner and founder right.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest