We Ditched The Kids! - UPDATE (7/22 - NYC trip)

Chapter 9: Why Don’t You Make Like A Tree…And Get Outta Here.

Now where was I?

IMG_2092.JPG

Oh, right. We’d just finished an early lunch at Be Our Guest. Or, as my buddy and I like to call it, See My Vest (after the great Simpsons spoof of that song). If you’ve been keeping track, you know that we’ve only used 2 FastPasses so far, so we have one left in the Magic Kingdom. If you know us, you know that there can only be one possible choice for our last ride of the day before we leave for good.

IMG_2093.JPG

What? No, not that one. Splash Mountain isn’t our favorite. I just stopped to get a photo. Maybe this will give you a hint:

IMG_2095.JPG

That’s more like it. We needed to finish the MK at Big Thunder Mountain. As far as Julie and I were concerned, it was an easy call. I don’t know if I like it better during the day or at night. I think future trips will just have to include at least one ride at each time in a never-ending study of the effects.

IMG_2096.JPG

Time was running short now. It was just after 1:00 p.m. and we had to be back at the Polynesian by 3:30 to catch the DUD. We started heading for the exit.

IMG_2097.JPG

Along the way, we made a last stop at the Emporium on Main St. for some final souvenirs and peace offerings for the kids. Also, we still weren’t sure if Disney was going to finish in the red for the year and wanted to make sure they stayed open for all of you to be able to visit later on. You’re welcome.

We got on the monorail and headed for our final destination. We had one last goal to accomplish on this getaway—one more experience that we needed to share together. One that neither of us had ever experienced before.

Know what it is yet?

Here’s a hint: we were back at Epcot.

IMG_2099.JPG

That doesn’t narrow it down? Man, you guys are impossible to please. Well, we didn’t have any FP’s. So we weren’t optimistic about doing any rides. We did have a couple of other items to shop for, and we took care of those. But the primary reason we were here was to experience the Holy of Holies.

No, not a Dole Whip Float. The other Holy of Holies.

Neither one of us had ever had a cronut before. So we remedied that.

I mean, just look at this. Isn’t it the most gorgeous thing you’ve ever seen?

IMG_2100.JPG

Hang on, my wife’s beauty is probably too distracting. Here, isn’t this the second-most gorgeous thing you’ve ever seen?

IMG_1264.JPG

It tastes about twenty times as good as it looks. Sugary deep-fried heaven on a paper plate. As I’m fond of saying, I’m sure it took 3 years off my life, but that probably would have been 3 years in a nursing home anyway, so that makes it ok.

Upon eating that, we didn’t want to leave. So we stalled.

Julie took a panoramic of the World Showcase.

IMG_1265.JPG

I took a photo of the monorail.

IMG_2107.JPG

We hung out and looked at the tree and listened to Christmas music.

IMG_2105.JPG

We did this for as long as we could until we finally had to admit that we needed to get back to the Poly. It’s always a sad moment when you realize there is no more fun to be had. Or rather, there is plenty of fun to be had, and other people will now be having it instead of you. We trudged back to the entrance, stalling once more when we spotted a Photopass worker.

IMG_2110.JPG

Mostly we were trying to prolong our stay on Disney property as long as we possibly could. The symptoms of DDP* were now in full bloom.

*--Disney Departure Procrastination

We trudged out of the park and up the monorail ramp. We trudged onto the monorail. Then we sat and enjoyed one last ride on the Highway In The Sky before trudging out into the TTC and trudging over to the Poly. We collected our bags from the Bell Services desk (in a trudging fashion, I’m sure) and then trudged over to the bench to wait for the DUD. The Fantastical Adults-Only Weekend Getaway was finally over. It was time to re-enter the Real World.

As we boarded the bus and drove off, Julie was holding back tears. Mostly because she didn’t want to have to take care of the kids again.

I’m just kidding! We were both downbeat, for a host of reasons. Our getaway had gone by in a flash, and neither of us knew if we’d get the chance to do this again—certainly not for a long time. It had been wonderful, refreshing, and a chance to renew our relationship together as adults, able to make each other the only priority for those few valuable days. Now we were going back to the world of responsibilities—work, kids, in-laws, bills, home maintenance…responsibilities that can bring great joy, of course, but also great stress. You have to take a deep breath before diving back in.

This is, of course, why we love Disney World and keep coming back. Yes, it’s expensive, and yes, they can irritate us from time to time when they put the almighty dollar ahead of the average family. But when you’re there, inside the gates, you get to leave all of those responsibilities behind. It’s a true escape. For the most part, everything works the way it should. For the most part, everything is designed for maximum enjoyment. For the most part, you can leave your troubles behind, indulge your imagination, and live with a sense of adventure and anticipation with only one question on your mind: “What happens next?”

If only the rest of life was like that. I think we were mostly just sad that the moment was over, and that we weren’t sure when we’d be back. But we were also glad, and grateful that we had the chance to escape together, even for just a few days. It always goes by too quickly. Always.

We re-entered the Real World much sooner than we’d anticipated.

Orlando International Airport has never had a great security system. I’ve encountered numerous backups while waiting to do the TSA Tango there. But this one takes the cake.

When you go through the main lobby to the security gate, there is an A side and a B side. The A side serves some airlines, and the B side serves the rest. We were flying Southwest, so we were on the A side. There is a large distance separating the two sides, and that distance makes up most of the main terminal building.

The security line looked fairly crowded, but like I said, that’s pretty normal in Orlando. We moved to the far right of the A side since that line appeared a little shorter and was moving more quickly than some of the other lines.

We got through the ID check fairly easily. Then we were shuttled into a line that wrapped around a wall and sent us down to the right. The line appeared to keep going…and going…and going…

…all the way down to the B side of the terminal.

IMG_0579.JPG

It didn’t just appear that way. It did, in fact, go all the way to the B side. And then, it went nuts. Once we reached the B side, we were combined with all of the passengers heading to flights on the B side. This helpful sign provided direction:

IMG_0581.JPG

It was like going to the grocery store and getting in the Express checkout lane, only to be told you needed to get in one line behind everyone else with a full cart--oh, and the line extends around the entire building. So, not only did we spend all of that time walking down here to the complete opposite end of the airport from where our flight was supposed to be, but we had to combine our security line with everyone flying out on the B side, and wait with all of them as we proceeded to the X-Ray scanners.

I have no idea what TSA bureaucrat came up with that system. I told Julie that whoever it was, the moron needed to be fired. A guy in line behind me added: “Twice!” I couldn’t disagree. It took ages. We crawled through the line. People around us were missing flights left and right. It was the single worst airline security line I’ve ever seen, by a long shot. And that’s saying something.

Thankfully, we made our flight and had no issues landing safely back in Baltimore. Throughout the trip, I’d been posting a few photos to Facebook. I try not to be That Guy on social media, constantly bombarding you every five minutes with photos, so I’d just been posting two a day. I was going with a theme: first sight of the day, last sight of the evening. So it might have been the Epcot gates, or the fireworks at night, that sort of thing. Here at the BWI baggage claim, I couldn’t resist having Julie pose for one more magical Last Sight Of the Evening post.

IMG_0582.JPG

An hour and a half of driving time later, and we were home. The kids were in bed. But they greeted us warmly the next morning, or at least they did once we broke out the gifts. I don’t think they hate us anymore. Or, at least, they’re content to fake affection for us while biding their time, waiting for revenge. Either way, Julie and I have no regrets. We love each other. And we want to stay that way. This was a great way to make sure we do.

Coming Up Next: Didn’t you notice? That was the end! But if I have time, I’ll try and squeeze in a bonus chapter about our 24-hour getaway to New York City for Julie’s birthday.

Last edited:
I loved reading your trip report! Thanks for all the pictures too! Can't wait until my next trip in August!

We needed to finish the MK at Big Thunder Mountain. As far as Julie and I were concerned, it was an easy call. I don’t know if I like it better during the day or at night. I think future trips will just have to include at least one ride at each time in a never-ending study of the effects.

I think it's best at whatever time the Earth orbits the sun. That's scientific notes for you :cool2:

(I do have to :sad: in passing as BTM will be down in August)

Also, we still weren’t sure if Disney was going to finish in the red for the year and wanted to make sure they stayed open for all of you to be able to visit later on. You’re welcome.

I certainly appreciate the effort :P

Hang on, my wife’s beauty is probably too distracting. Here, isn’t this the second-most gorgeous thing you’ve ever seen?

All together - awwwwwww

We got through the ID check fairly easily. Then we were shuttled into a line that wrapped around a wall and sent us down to the right. The line appeared to keep going…and going…and going…

:scared1:

:faint:

tumblr_inline_nvjy1iTX151qkbqmh_500.gif

hg2nPV

See My Vest (after the great Simpsons spoof of that song)

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I hadn't seen that one before. So funny! My personal favorite is when Marge accidentally cuts off Homer's thumb and he's trying to hitchhike to the hospital.

You’re welcome.

PHew. I can go back and things will be fabulous. And just as expensive.

It’s always a sad moment when you realize there is no more fun to be had.

:sad1:

This is, of course, why we love Disney World and keep coming back. Yes, it’s expensive, and yes, they can irritate us from time to time when they put the almighty dollar ahead of the average family.

I still think it's worth every dollar.

We love each other. And we want to stay that way. This was a great way to make sure we do.

:cloud9: Very sweet way to end.

They did when it first opened, right? I'd heard it wasn't on the menu originally, but that you could ask for the gray stuff and the server would bring out a plate of the mousse.

Not sure about that. Could be.

Now where was I?

Florida... ish.

Or, as my buddy and I like to call it, See My Vest (after the great Simpsons spoof of that song).

:sad2: Not familiar with that one. I sense a Google search coming up.

If you’ve been keeping track, you know that we’ve only used 2 FastPasses so far

Nope. Not keeping track. That's your job, bub.

If you know us, you know that there can only be one possible choice for our last ride of the day before we leave for good.

::yes::

What? No, not that one. Splash Mountain isn’t our favorite. I just stopped to get a photo. Maybe this will give you a hint:

You really had me going there. You really did.
I was so sure it would be BTMRR. And then... Splash? Really???

I think future trips will just have to include at least one ride at each time in a never-ending study of the effects.

::yes:: And maybe we could write Disney and tell them it's for science. And could they please provide us with permanent front of the line passes to facilitate?

Time was running short now. It was just after 1:00 p.m. and we had to be back at the Polynesian by 3:30 to catch the DUD.

Ugh. Too soon!!

Along the way, we made a last stop at the Emporium on Main St. for some final souvenirs and peace offerings for the kids.

It's not going to work. They'll always resent you going.

At least mine do.
But I'm okay with that.

Also, we still weren’t sure if Disney was going to finish in the red for the year and wanted to make sure they stayed open for all of you to be able to visit later on. You’re welcome.

Thanks. As a matter of fact, I've heard that Disney is encouraging guests not to make frivolous purchases.
"No need folks! Mark and Julie have already been through."

We got on the monorail and headed for our final destination.

What? I thought you were heading for the Poly?

Living life on the edge.

But the primary reason we were here was to experience the Holy of Holies.

Dole whip float?

No, not a Dole Whip Float. The other Holy of Holies.

Oh! Cronut?

IMG_2100.JPG

Yes. But she's partially hidden behind the cronut.

Here, isn’t this the second-most gorgeous thing you’ve ever seen?

IMG_1264.JPG

I feel like Art from Nat'l Lampoon Xmas Vacay. (re:The little lights... they aren't twinkling.)

They spelled Dixie upside down.

As I’m fond of saying, I’m sure it took 3 years off my life, but that probably would have been 3 years in a nursing home anyway, so that makes it ok.

We did this for as long as we could until we finally had to admit that we needed to get back to the Poly.

Delay! Delay! Delay!

It’s always a sad moment when you realize there is no more fun to be had. Or rather, there is plenty of fun to be had, and other people will now be having it instead of you.

Yeah... It's great when you arrive and see people leaving.
You just want to point your finger at them and laugh in their faces.

Now you just want to crawl under a rock and not be noticed by the new people coming in.

The symptoms of DDP* were now in full bloom.

*--Disney Departure Procrastination

<slow clap>

We collected our bags from the Bell Services desk (in a trudging fashion, I’m sure)

One would hope so.

The Fantastical Adults-Only Weekend Getaway was finally over. It was time to re-enter the Real World.

Don't do it! Run! Runnnnnn!!!!!!!

As we boarded the bus and drove off, Julie was holding back tears. Mostly because she didn’t want to have to take care of the kids again.

:lmao:

I’m just kidding!

Of course you are! We all knew that!
Ha Ha! You didn't have to say that!!

No you weren't.

It had been wonderful, refreshing, and a chance to renew our relationship together as adults

Nice. Happy for you guys.

And it really, really bugs me that we can't meet on the 24th!

But when you’re there, inside the gates, you get to leave all of those responsibilities behind.

::yes:: No driving. (if you're on the free DDP) No food expenses. No security worries.

Yup. What's not to like?

Uh, oh.

The line appeared to keep going…and going…and going…

It didn’t just appear that way. It did, in fact, go all the way to the B side. And then, it went nuts. Once we reached the B side, we were combined with all of the passengers heading to flights on the B side. This helpful sign provided direction:

So... If I'm reading this right, it would've been better to have just gone in the B side?

It was like going to the grocery store and getting in the Express checkout lane, only to be told you needed to get in one line behind everyone else with a full cart--oh, and the line extends around the entire building.

Stupid.

I wonder if it would've been faster to have insisted on a full body search ahead of time?

I have no idea what TSA bureaucrat came up with that system. I told Julie that whoever it was, the moron needed to be fired. A guy in line behind me added: “Twice!” I couldn’t disagree

:sad2:

It was the single worst airline security line I’ve ever seen, by a long shot. And that’s saying something.

We got lucky last time.
But what you describe is insane.

I couldn’t resist having Julie pose for one more magical Last Sight Of the Evening post.

IMG_0582.JPG

:rotfl: Does she know you posted that???
(aka: are you sleeping on the couch?)

I don’t think they hate us anymore.

Oh, they do.
They're just faking it so they can get more loot.

Or, at least, they’re content to fake affection for us while biding their time, waiting for revenge.

Or that. Sure.

I’ll try and squeeze in a bonus chapter about our 24-hour getaway to New York City for Julie’s birthday.

Yes!!

Your last ride was a perfect way to to say so long. The TSA line at the airport.....:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

Suddenly I am NOT looking forward to airline travel in Oct. I swear that is a TSA plan to get people to buy Precheck since it is apparently behind it estimated revenue.

Julie's face is priceless in Baltimore!!!! Such the Disney depression poster child.

Looking forward to the Bonus feature.

I hate leaving Disney ... such a bummer ... Julie's face really says it all in your last photo. But, hey, thanks for doing your part to keep Disney open by shopping at the Emporium!

Looking forward to reading about your trip to NYC!

Darn. Disneyland Paris would be fascinating. Most of us here don't know it very well!
Thanks for the encouragement. Hmm, I just might do it... It would be pretty easy, because I took notes on my iPad & already made a scrapbook of it (shockingly fast for me, only because it was a present for my DH :)). I know I wished I had more information before taking the DLP trip. It was kind of tough for a crazy OCD planner like me. (Now, just if I could finish my Hawaii TR. What a slacker I am! Loved the trip, but so slow at reporting it.)

I'm always amazed at the lines for that ride. I know it's a classic, but it doesn't seem like a great payoff for a long wait.
Yeah. To be really honest, I am not the hugest fan of that ride; I think it is cute and I like the song, the unusual ride vehicles and breezy feel, but don't find it amazing. I think it has a lot of cache due to the long lines that make it more popular in a strange way. It must be good to stand in line that long, right?

I will openly admit I am not a fan of another attraction people love: the Enchanted Tiki Room. Just did it for the first time in probably 30 years and stared at the exit sign the whole time wondering if I could gracefully make an escape. I think I'm in the minority, but that one I don't understand. I also got a Dole Whip, because I know I am supposed to love them as a Disney fan, but found myself not liking that either. I never really was a fan when we took trips when I was a kid, but other people in my family were. Anyway, I thought they must be amazing and I was just a dumb kid, but when I had one at the Tiki Room, I did not like that either. :sad2:

Of course, the real question here is: why were you in line for It's A Small World???:confused3
Because of the Disney characters in it that are unique to Disneyland. I did really enjoy the ride and looking for the characters like Alice and Jasmine, etc. I did experience lines at most attractions at DL, even though it was - for most of my trip - not too crowded.

By the way, I did crazily begin another trip report for the DL trip (it's in my signature; only have one day posted so far).

Loved the review, was wondering what type of camera you were using?

That’s more like it. We needed to finish the MK at Big Thunder Mountain. As far as Julie and I were concerned, it was an easy call. I don’t know if I like it better during the day or at night. I think future trips will just have to include at least one ride at each time in a never-ending study of the effects.

IMG_2096.JPG
Good choice! Did you know that the version at Disneyland Paris goes through an underwater tunnel and onto an island (where most of the ride is located) and then back through another tunnel to finish/disembark? Gotta say that the best Big Thunder I've ridden. Fantastic at night and daytime! There's another nice couple outing for you both.

Neither one of us had ever had a cronut before. So we remedied that.

IMG_2100.JPG

Very nice job there!!!

Nice picture of you two!

I’m just kidding!

Wasn't buying it anyway! Kids are a ton of work but such a joy too. I know having some time away from my kids and missing them really makes me appreciate them more. Nice bonus, because it's so easy to take family for granted.

Big understatement there!

Here at the BWI baggage claim, I couldn’t resist having Julie pose for one more magical Last Sight Of the Evening post.

IMG_0582.JPG
Poor Julie! That photo says it all.

An hour and a half of driving time later, and we were home. The kids were in bed. But they greeted us warmly the next morning, or at least they did once we broke out the gifts. I don’t think they hate us anymore. Or, at least, they’re content to fake affection for us while biding their time, waiting for revenge. Either way, Julie and I have no regrets. We love each other. And we want to stay that way. This was a great way to make sure we do.

Nice conclusion, as usual!

They say the best gift you can give your kids is a loving marriage. I think that makes a ton of sense!

But if I have time, I’ll try and squeeze in a bonus chapter about our 24-hour getaway to New York City for Julie’s birthday.

Yes, please. Wow, sounds like a whirlwind trip!

If you know us, you know that there can only be one possible choice for our last ride of the day before we leave for good.
It's a Small World??? :confused3

:scared1: I didn't see THAT coming..................

I don’t know if I like it better during the day or at night. I think future trips will just have to include at least one ride at each time in a never-ending study of the effects.
Sounds like my type of field study........... :banana:

It was just after 1:00 p.m. and we had to be back at the Polynesian by 3:30 to catch the DUD.
DUD......cracks me up every time! Normally I don't have to worry about that one, but I know during the October trip I am going to think about it................and not laugh anymore! :sad2:

We got on the monorail and headed for our final destination. We had one last goal to accomplish on this getaway—one more experience that we needed to share together. One that neither of us had ever experienced before.
The skunk smell at the Imagination Labs??? :scratchin

Well, she's pretty and all.........and I know you have to think so...........but right now I'm thinking Cronut!!! :woohoo:

We did this for as long as we could until we finally had to admit that we needed to get back to the Poly. It’s always a sad moment when you realize there is no more fun to be had. Or rather, there is plenty of fun to be had, and other people will now be having it instead of you.
I know that feeling........... :sad1:

So you're leaving them in..........uh...........STITCHes????

I know that feeling too! :guilty:

I couldn’t resist having Julie pose for one more magical Last Sight Of the Evening post.

IMG_0582.JPG
I hate to break this to you..........but I think the magic is gone! :rolleyes1

We did this for as long as we could until we finally had to admit that we needed to get back to the Poly. It’s always a sad moment when you realize there is no more fun to be had. Or rather, there is plenty of fun to be had, and other people will now be having it instead of you.
Hate that feeling. It's very true on cruise ships too...you know that another group is just lined up waiting to take your room and you are getting kicked off, fun over. :sad1:

It didn’t just appear that way. It did, in fact, go all the way to the B side. And then, it went nuts. Once we reached the B side, we were combined with all of the passengers heading to flights on the B side.
:headache: That's awful. Glad you still made your flight. At least you didn't have to entertain kids during the wait, I guess.

Coming Up Next: Didn’t you notice? That was the end! But if I have time, I’ll try and squeeze in a bonus chapter about our 24-hour getaway to New York City for Julie’s birthday.
Oooh, can't wait to hear about it!

Well it was fun while it lasted! The TR, I mean. Thanks for writing it up for us.

Thanks for reading it! You had the much tougher job.

What, are they employing highway engineers now? :duck:

Only the ones from Pennsylvania.

Oooo! Bonus chapter! :tongue:

Be careful what you wish for!

I loved reading your trip report! Thanks for all the pictures too! Can't wait until my next trip in August!

Thanks for reading along! Hope you have a great time!

I think it's best at whatever time the Earth orbits the sun. That's scientific notes for you :cool2:

(I do have to :sad: in passing as BTM will be down in August)

I like the way you think!

And...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo...

I certainly appreciate the effort :P

We all do what we can.

All together - awwwwwww

:love:

Exactly.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao: I hadn't seen that one before. So funny! My personal favorite is when Marge accidentally cuts off Homer's thumb and he's trying to hitchhike to the hospital.

It's made of real gorilla chest!

So wrong. And yet, so funny.

PHew. I can go back and things will be fabulous. And just as expensive.

Yes! On both counts!

I still think it's worth every dollar.

I do, too. I just get tired of the nickel-and-diming sometimes.

:cloud9: Very sweet way to end.

Thanks!:goodvibes

Thanks for the report. My wife and I are struggling with doing our first adult trip since the kids were born four years ago.

This clinched it. We're going!

Not sure about that. Could be.

That was the story I'd heard, anyway.

Florida... ish.

Close enough.

:sad2: Not familiar with that one. I sense a Google search coming up.

Like my loafers? They're pure gopher!

Nope. Not keeping track. That's your job, bub.

Crap. I knew I was supposed to take care of something.

You really had me going there. You really did.
I was so sure it would be BTMRR. And then... Splash? Really???

Splash over BTMRR? That would be like choosing grilled cheese over bacon.

::yes:: And maybe we could write Disney and tell them it's for science. And could they please provide us with permanent front of the line passes to facilitate?

I like the way you think! It's totally worth a shot.

Ugh. Too soon!!

Always. Doesn't matter how long you've been there.

It's not going to work. They'll always resent you going.

At least mine do.
But I'm okay with that.

Eh, whatever. Someday they'll travel without me, too.

Thanks. As a matter of fact, I've heard that Disney is encouraging guests not to make frivolous purchases.
"No need folks! Mark and Julie have already been through."

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I can't even comprehend the amount of spending it would take for Disney to make an announcement like that.

What? I thought you were heading for the Poly?

Living life on the edge.

Must...squeeze...value...out...of...weekend!

Dole whip float?

Close.

Oh! Cronut?

There you go.

Yes. But she's partially hidden behind the cronut.

Well done.

I feel like Art from Nat'l Lampoon Xmas Vacay. (re:The little lights... they aren't twinkling.)

They spelled Dixie upside down.

:rotfl: That's it! They've ruined the magic!

Delay! Delay! Delay!

Yeah... It's great when you arrive and see people leaving.
You just want to point your finger at them and laugh in their faces.

Now you just want to crawl under a rock and not be noticed by the new people coming in.

Not that I would ever actually point my finger at them and laugh. At least, not again.

<slow clap>

Um...thanks?

One would hope so.

(trudge)

Don't do it! Run! Runnnnnn!!!!!!!

I wanted to. So, so badly.

Of course you are! We all knew that!
Ha Ha! You didn't have to say that!!

No you weren't.

Sure, I was. Ok, maybe half-kidding. A third?

Nice. Happy for you guys.

And it really, really bugs me that we can't meet on the 24th!

Me too. I was really hoping it would work out.

I tried hard to make Winnipeg fit into the itinerary somehow. After all, I could get the kids to see Canada! But given the loop we're driving, and that I feel like we're already on the edge of the time we can handle in the car, it just felt like trying to cram too much in. I wish I could have found a way. I checked out the drive time between Winnipeg and Voyageurs NP for the day before, but it looks like that drive is longer from Winnipeg than the one to Fargo. Too many back roads!

::yes:: No driving. (if you're on the free DDP) No food expenses. No security worries.

Yup. What's not to like?

It's glorious. Just go, have fun, and we'll take care of the rest.

So... If I'm reading this right, it would've been better to have just gone in the B side?

Yes. Would have saved half the time if we'd entered the B side for our A terminal flight.

Stupid.

I wonder if it would've been faster to have insisted on a full body search ahead of time?

I doubt it. Just would have compounded the frustrations.

We got lucky last time.
But what you describe is insane.

I have no idea what they were thinking. I know what I was thinking. To paraphrase a favorite movie quote:

This security line is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever seen. At no point in this rambling, incoherent line was there any portion that could be considered a rational strategy. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having walked through it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

:rotfl: Does she know you posted that???
(aka: are you sleeping on the couch?)

Sure! It was posed, and already posted on FB anyway. And I've been on the couch for about 16 years now.

Oh, they do.
They're just faking it so they can get more loot.

Nobody said they were dummies!

Or that. Sure.

Eh, whatever. No regrets here.

I am now really scared about my flight home from MCO on my next trip!!! This sounds even worse than the customs and immigration lines when coming into the USA!

I really enjoyed your trip report and only have one complaint: that it was over far too soon! But I guess that is what you thought as well at the end of the trip.

I totally understand your appreciation of being away from everything at WDW. I think for me that is why I love cruises, because there I get it even more than at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter