We did it!!

DVC Dreams

Earning My Ears
Well the wife and I havent been to dis in 10 yrs, we fell in love and really wanted to buy into dvc then. Now we finally did it!!
We just bought 240 pts at BLT! woohoo!!! We are soooo looking forward to making our first trip "home"!

Question though... of course there will always be new incentives and they always do change, but part of me feels like i could have gotten a better deal, do you think $99 per point was a decent deal? (i guess its a slight case of buyers remorse/ or just looking out for bottom line).

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!

I think that you got a good deal. As you said, incentives are always changing and one never knows if they will be better or worse.

From everything that we are hearing, the base price is going to $120.00 per point in October. When that happens, you will have paid $21.00 less per point than the base price. I don't see Disney offering incentives on BLT for much more than that for awhile!

And, you do know, that if better incentives come out in the next few weeks that would make BLT less than $99.00 per point, contact your guide and ask from them. As long as your contract has not closed, they will re-write the contracts for you. That is what happened to me. I made changes a few times and by the time I was done, the price had dropped. I ended up with 130 points for the same price I was paying for 115.

Congrats!!

I think you got a good deal based on what the rumors are saying about BLT. One thing to keep in mind as you talk to other owners is not to compare the price you paid with people who bought before you. Disney was offering much better deals this past spring, but that's "water under the bridge".

Well the wife and I havent been to dis in 10 yrs, we fell in love and really wanted to buy into dvc then. Now we finally did it!!
We just bought 240 pts at BLT! woohoo!!! We are soooo looking forward to making our first trip "home"!

Question though... of course there will always be new incentives and they always do change, but part of me feels like i could have gotten a better deal, do you think $99 per point was a decent deal? (i guess its a slight case of buyers remorse/ or just looking out for bottom line).

If you are happy forget about it.Life is to short!

I think buying into DVC at a time that is right for you and your family...is a good deal. We can all talk figures and that is all good but it would be nothing more than varying opinions. I think you got a great deal just because you have now vested in your vacations for the next 50 years!!

Congratulations and Welcome Home!!!

:dance3::dance3::dance3:

Congrats and in my opinion Disney gives the best deal possibly at the time you purchase. Of course, incentives constantly change but one should feel comfortable that at the time they are purchasing they are getting the same deal as the others buying that same time.

Jason

Here is a big Welcome Home and Congrads. I am a newbie too. Bought at AKV 100pts in AUG. I went thru a little buyers remorse too. I all ready have another timeshare. SO I have 2 now. :scared1: I do not like seeing JAN comes. The Annual Dues are going to be a KILLER for me. Been sticking a little bit every month for that. I am a disable vet with only one income. Again Welcome Home....:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter