We did it !!

Hopefully

DIS Veteran
Well we finally did it, We have put in a contract for 185 BCV points through Disney. :banana: :banana:
We have been on the waitlist for about 2 months and these came up yesterday. I have been following the ROFR thread and watching resales at the TTS and I was getting very discouraged. It seemed everything was getting through ROFR, but the contracts at the TTS were either not right or pretty stripped of points - often out to 2010.
Now I have to wait 7 -10 days to get the paperwork from Disney. We will turn the paperwork right around. How long does it usually take to close with Disney directly? How long after that until I can access the member web site? Will we get member cards right away or do they take awhile?
Thanks for all your help.

We paid $104 per point through Disney. There were no closing costs and all contracts through Disney had all 2008 and 2009 points.
I have been watching the resale market. This was a bit (not a lot when you factor in closing costs and stripped contracts) more per point, but I am glad we went this way.
This will be a done deal in no time - no ROFR wait etc.
I am excited.

Now I have to wait 7 -10 days to get the paperwork from Disney. We will turn the paperwork right around. How long does it usually take to close with Disney directly? How long after that until I can access the member web site? Will we get member cards right away or do they take awhile?

Once you return your paperwork you guide should be able to give you your member number so that you can access the website. It will take a few weeks to get your membership cards.

I have seen people lately that have had their closing done within 2 weeks.

Congratulations

Well we finally did it, We have put in a contract for 185 BCV points through Disney. :banana: :banana:
We have been on the waitlist for about 2 months and these came up yesterday. I have been following the ROFR thread and watching resales at the TTS and I was getting very discouraged. It seemed everything was getting through ROFR, but the contracts at the TTS were either not right or pretty stripped of points - often out to 2010.

I signed my paperwork at WDW on June 9, 2008 and was able to make reservations immediately so as soon as disney gets your paperwork you should be able to use your points. On my paperwork the estimated closing date was July 9, but I checked the Orange county website and I actually closed on June 30.

Awesome for you! Glad you got what you wanted where you wanted.:thumbsup2

Welcome Home!!!!

Dennis-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter