We bought motorcycles today!

mickeysaver

<font color=blue>WINNER of the world's worst limer
After being together for almost 7 years, I have finally been overtaken by the desire to learn to ride. Gabby had a motorcycle when we met that she sold a few years ago, because traffic around here scared the bejezus out of her and she didn't like leaving me at home alone to go off riding. Well, I know that Gabby has a little more disposable income these days as well as the need for stress relief due to her crazy schedule and not being home for more than a few days at a time. Gabby was going to be trying to save up money to take me to WDW for my 40th birthday next year, but I told her that I would be ok with looking at getting a couple of motorcycles instead. She was excited about this, so we went to the closest dealer near home, which is a Honda/Yamaha dealership.

Gabby found herself a GREAT deal on a new 2005 Honda Shadow 750 and I got a GREAT deal on a used 2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic. Now, all we need is insurance and a way to get them home safely, but I have a week to get that arranged. I have never ridden a full sized motorcycle, so I have to take the safety training course....Gabby is going to take it too because it's been about 4 years since she has ridden and wants to take a refresher safety course. BTW - I did not want a new motorcycle. I know that the likelyhood of me laying it down as a begining biker is HUGE, so a good used bike is exactly what I wanted and needed.

So, very soon, I will be hitting the road with my honey on a motorcycle. I am excited, scared, and don't know whether I should puke or :cheer2:. I also know that I am going to have to try to find a way to pay to go to WDW late next year. I can't give up that dream.....even though I know that this decision will fulfill a big dream that Gabby has had for a long time. I just have to figure out a way to pay off my bike quickly so that I can start saving for pixie dust! Maggie

Sounds exciting! Plus a way to save some money at the gas pumps!

Two words for you...stay safe!
Lisa

Great News! Congratulations! I have wanted a bike for years, but the DH has not given in.

Maybe with the gas milage, and the fact that I found a trans-gender instructer at the Harley place (GASP) will change his mind now, hmmmm, maybe that's the trick, he can get one too! He had one before.......thanks for the idea!

Great news. I would love to have a bike myself, but because of my work schedule, I work on the Disney Ship, so it takes me away from home for long periods of time and it's just not worth having a bike that is just sitting around. But I so want the Honda Shadow. I have been looking at that bike for a long time. If your ever out in Port Canaveral or San Francisco, you will have to show me what they look like and let me sit on it for bit.
Good luck and have fun for me. I will look forward to hearing all your adventures.

;) Shoe

Congratz on your new purchase!

My brother has been trying to get me to take the motorcycle training course at one of the local community colleges. He really wants me to get my license and get a bike so we can go riding (which is odd since he lives 4 hours away)! He even said he'd give me his "old" bike because he is getting a newer (maybe new) one.

With gas prices soarin', a motorcycle might be the way to go. I bought $40 worth of gas last night and STILL didn't fill it up!!! Anyway, I only live about 10 minutes from where I work and parking there is terrible (at a university) unless you have a bike. However, the roads around here are awful due to traffic and potholes EVERYWHERE. Fortunately, the commute to work doesn't involve me getting on any interstates so it would be that bad... just dealing with the local traffic.

As for DP... well, he can't even ride a regular bike, so I doubt I'd ever get him anywhere near a motorcycle.

Oh well, just wanted to say congratz to mickeysaver. Oh, and for your 40th... maybe you could take a nice bike ride down to WDW! :moped: :thumbsup2

Take care and drive safe!

Have fun and Safe riding you guys :thumbsup2

I learned how to ride because my first boyfriend had a bike.( The things I've done for men ) Haven't ridden in 15 years.

Enjoy the summer with the bikes !

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter