we are so sad!!!

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by sconstantz, Mar 21, 2002.

1. sconstantz

sconstantz Mouseketeer

Well, I announced earlier this week that we made an offer on points to purchase at OKW and it was accepted. Well, it seems that the owner had used some of this years points and banked the rest, so the deal wasn't really the same. At first, we thought we would go through with it, but over the evening we talked it through and it really wasn't the same deal. So..... now we aren't buying (for now).

We are going to go ahead and try to rent points for a May trip and wait for the right options to come up, instead of trying to rush it.

We know we made the right choice, but it is really hard.

Shelly :(

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. Laurabearz

Laurabearz <font color=deeppink>I cant load my bobbin!<br><fo

(((((((( Shelly ))))))))) The perfect deal will come around... sorry this one fell thru.

4. ripleysmom

ripleysmom Lucas and Ripley's mom!

Sorry to hear that....

5. sconstantz

sconstantz Mouseketeer

I appreciate your kind thoughts. I wish we could have gone through with it, but the owner had just used to many points and we wouldn't have been able to take a vacation this year as planned. We also know that if we aren't "under the gun" we'll make a good choice. It'll come.

Again, thanks for your kind words. We appreciate it.

shelly

6. Caskbill

Caskbill <font color="blue">DVC-Operations<br>DVC-Planning< Moderator

It's good you found out before you finished the 'deal'. As you know by now, banked or borrowed points can really make a difference in the true "value" of a deal.

Keep looking, there's lots more out there.

I suspect it won't be long before we can all give you that official Welcome Home.

7. Richyams

Richyams <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

W l o e H m !!!!

We'll fill in the blanks later.....