• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We Are Members !

Gigashadow

<font color=blue>Pontoon Pirate of Bay Lake and Th
Recieved Fed-Ex package yesterday and did the last minute second guessing, paperwork is going out tomorrow!!

We also set our first DVC vacation for Christmas Fun at the VWL 1BR (Home Resort) with no pain or complications !!

After hunting dates/times for kids school days off and best airfares the "11 Month Window" allowed us to get a price now for $680 some odd dollars 4 full fares - Peak Holiday Time !!

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP WITH CONFIRMING MY UNDERSTANDING OF THE DVC MEMBERSHIP !!

Welcome Home Neighbor!!!! And congratulations on making that first reservation.

Lisa

Congratulations! What airline did you book through? Those are great fares.:)

CONGRATULATIONS!
... and welcome home! Forty years of fun. Yeehaw!:bounce:

Glad to have you as a neighbor!

Congratulations, we just sent our paper work back today!

Congratulations and welcome home. Which airport are you leaving from and which airline? It's tough following the kids schedule - we don't have all that flexibility.:(

On the 9th (Feb) we looked at JFK and Delta had a beautiful flight for $732.00 (found with WWW.EXPEDIA.COM - only ever used for flight info and prices) Today we checked that same flight before calling QS to acknowledge recieval and try to book room, and flight went up to $1350.00 some odd dollars :( .
So I changed Departing airport to LGA and found US AIR with a price for $880.43 some odd dollars and said to myself - Doesnt Delta fly out of LGA too? Sure enough Delta had the fight for same dates listed for $732.00 and when I made the purchase ( at DELTA's site ) it was "reduced" to $689.04 with taxes - YEA.

I use expedia to do preliminary fight searches at airports and then check the Airline Web Pages for online purchase discounts. I have never found a "external site" that gave any discount with out a string. My prefered Airline from the NY area is Jet Blue, Never had a problem with them and the T.V.'s are a lifesaver for the youngsters when they wont "sleep" the flight and get bored looking at the back of a seat - hehe, they always had the cheapest fares for my trips since using them. But Jet Blue only does reservations 6 months in advance :( , so n/g for this reservation.

And how I miss the "Lets go next week!" avaliablity since kids started school - LOL. But thats exactly why we decided to join DVC, the Flexibility is tremendous for this problem. We even have enough left over points to book a 7/6 stay in a studio during summer with the right dates and no-school to worry about ( 2 full vacations for the 1st year ! )

CONGRATULATIONS............AND WELCOME HOME

RedRoses2_lg.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter