We are going to Disney World for the 1st time in April...Hellpppp

carbatonic

Earning My Ears
Hi!

My boyfriend and I are making our first visit to Disney World in April. We both love water parks, so we know for sure we will be going to those. Other than that though, we are pretty much lost as to a strategy. Does anyone have any good recommendations for attractions? We both like SciFi, so we want to do the Star Wars ride.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

oops, I forgot to mention that some of my favorite Disney properties are Ratatouille, Wall-E, Mermaid, Tangled, Roger Rabbit, Hunchback (I think that's a pretty slim chance lol), and Kim Possible.

How this helps!

Hollywood Studios has Star Tours and Sci-Fi Dine In Theatre.

Not much, if any, of Ratatouille, Wall-E, Roger Rabbit, or Hunchback anywhere. You can meet Ariel, Eric, and Rapunzel all in Magic Kingdom.

The only Kim Possible I know of is her World Showcase Adventure in Epcot. You sign up for a Kimmunicator--actually a late-model cell phone--and follow clues in seven of the eleven countries there, making various things happen at points (activate a waterfall, light up a symbol, etc.).

Sounds like you will want to spend plenty of time at the Studios and Epcot.

I did Star Tours six times in my recent trip - LOVE the new version with the mix of scenes (there was only one minor element I never saw). Remy and Emile are in the Pixar parade that runs at 3 pm at the Studios. DHS also has the "Voyage of the Little Mermaid" show. While you're there, be sure you do the Animation Academy class, where you learn to draw a Disney character - it's really fun. (Oh, I'm a big Hunchback fan from way back and I WISH they still had the HoND show! It seriously does not get enough love. :sad1: )

Remy (in his "actual size") also makes the rounds at Les Chefs de France at Epcot; I saw him at lunch, and really enjoyed my meal there (I had the prix fixe lunch with soup/sandwich/salad/dessert). I haven't done this, but there is also a "Kim Possible" World Showcase Adventure at Epcot where you explore the countries on a KP mission.

My biggest tip is, do some homework and figure out what your Absolute Top Priorities are, and concentrate on those, then everything else you get to do is bonus!

The waterpark add-on is a great way to enjoy the waterparks. For example, if you wanted to spend 1 day at Epcot, 1, and Disney Hollywood Studios, and 1 day at each of the 2 waterparks, you need only a 2-day "ticket" with the WP option.

Have you made your ADRs (dinner reservations)? If not, I'd really recommend doing them ASAP.

Research what you can, know how to use fast pass and know which rides are busy when. It'll be invaluable.

Happy planning!

wow, so this is all a bit more complex than I even thought. I had no idea you had to make dinner reservations, shows what I know. I had seen clips of the Remy restaurant online, but I wasn't sure if it was still open. I am glad that I know now not to go on Sunday! :D

And Karly, it is nice to meet another Hunchback fan! It figures that most of my favorites are among the more obscure Disney properties, but oh well. The KP attraction sounds fun.

I also had no idea about the water park add-on. That's a good idea. Oh, and the Academy class sounds like a great idea! I really love animation art, is there a museum or anything at the location?

Also, are there any good stores to visit to buy toys/dolls? Any place that tends to have sales? :)

Thank you everyone, I have learned so much already!

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in this Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets

4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
15I. Getting Park Tickets Before Package Start Date
15J. Upgrading After Departure

Page Two of the Sticky

16. 2012 Florida Resident Wild For Disney Tickets
17. 2011/2012 Armed Forces Salute Tickets
18A. Prices Effective June 12, 2011
18B. Per Day Pricing for Ticket Combinations
18C. How to Save Money on Annual Pass Purchases
19. "Free" Tickets and Special Promotions
20. Ticket Purchase/Upgrade Locations and Telephones
21. Florida Resident Installment Purchases of Annual Passes

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature.

Get yourself a Disney planning book. This board is invaluable, but when you're starting out knowing absoluately nothing about Disney, you really need to get the basics down first. Once you have a basic idea about the different parks and what they offer, how the transportation and dining works and how to get from place to place, make a basic outline for your trip and come back here and ask away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter