• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We are back 1st trip high and lows

Leahsmum23

Earning My Ears
Highs

Got Leah's disability pass made life a lot easier without having to queue for ages

Meeting sleeping beauty twice and belle and rapunzel the princesses were great loads of attention and the longest we waited was 30 minutes

Sleeping beauty shouted at Leah during parade there's my little friend and waved like crazy really brightened up our day

Tink being on the back of the float three days that we seen the parade and her doing love hearts and kicking her legs at Leah *** she was wearing tink

The rides were great loved tower of terror staff they were so funny pretending to count us at the end of the ride

The cast members we met were all lovely and had a big smile for dd

The dreams show was great

Lows

The crowds were crazy over the weekend

The cold brrrr it was so cold and wet feet from rain too is not fun. I have the flu now :( we wore two to three dresses on dd *** I forgot her winter coat :confused3 no idea how I managed that

The dirty looks from some people when using our access pass which IMO were uncalled for

The sore feet and back from all the walking

The food maybe we were unlucky but our food at cafe mickeys western show and rai forest cafe were not great in cafe mickeys hubby got steak which was very grizzly and cold chips my fish was nice but chips were cold
Western night the food was cold
And rainforest cafe it seemed like our steak was precooked and microwaved hot on the outside cool in the centre so we were hungry a lot of the time

Overall we had a good time 1st trip loved the characters and the rides the cold made it not as fun but it is march so we knew that it might be very cold it was still very magical for dd

glad to hear you had more highs than lows.

i always manage to forget something. one year we were off to the airport when i remembered i had left my dd's buggy at home and had to go back lol.

sounds like you had a great time with the characters, glad your dd enjoyed it

unfortunately some people will always give nasty looks or comments when you use your disabled pass, on our first trip there was a huge queue for one character meet by the castle, we walked to the front and the CM got us through almost immediately, I heard some idiot shout 'what makes them so special', we didn't let it spoil things but these people really have no clue, I'd love to queue up normally, i'd love for my boy to not have a terminal condition that will cut his life short, but some folk just plain stupid.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Welcome home sounds like a great trip despite your lows.....pity about bad food and bigger pity about ignorant folk while you used your pass. Sounds like your dd had a magical experience :)

Sorry about the nasty looks, it happens no matter what Disney park you attend. The rain isn't fun and I hope you can return for warm day in the future.

Welcome back! Glad the ignorant people didn't spoil your enjoyment - it sounded like you had some brilliant character and CM interaction there. :goodvibes

Welcome back, pleased you didn't let the ignorant people spoil your trip

Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Weather is hard to predict at this time of the year.
You have to ignore any rude people, to be fair you can come across them anywhere these days.

Must admit we have noticed food often not quite as hot as it should be, at various restaurants, I was close to taking some Hot dogs & fries back at Casey's last September.
Given the cost the least you expect is that it is hot enough.

Welcome back, glad you had a great time. Shame on those ignorant people (especially the one that owensdad heard shouting out on his trip) - I think people forget that not all disabilities are visible.

Hope you soon recover from your flu - and when's the next trip? :)

Thanks guys oh we did just ignore them nothing else u can do.
I'd love to go again ware bears didn't get all done its hard *** Leah tired out so we ended up going back to hotel a few times a day
5958fa05d5c7824a62d8659783957274_zps1aafb496.jpg
[/IMG]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter