• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We are Adopting a daughter from China

if you know anyone who does foster care ask them what they looked for during the home inspection. Every state is different. Here in NJ they wanted lids on all trash cans. The case worker who did our training classes warned us about it because she failed her inspection. She made sure all the outside cans had lids but never thought about the kitchen or bathrooms! They also have a formula using room dimensions for how many kids can be in one room. In SC they checked the house for lead paint using some kind of meter so everything had to be repainted before they came.

Congratulations! We are in a similar situation. We've just applied through CCAI and have started the homestudy.

Congratulations. Our son is adopted from S. Korea, and will be 7 this coming Saturday. The paperwork for me was alot like labor is for natural mothers. It was so long ago that I've totally forgotten about it, and so, now all I have is the happiness of having my son.

Thank you for all the kind words. And the tips.

We should be scheduled for the homestudy next week. We are putting safty plugs in all the outlets and all the kitchen/bathroom cabinets are getting child locks. The pool fence is going back up. I know they are not supposed to be looking, but we are cleaning every room/closet/cabinet for the study.

I believe the system is set up to make sure people really want to go through with this. So much paper and every paper has to be notorized and certified by the Sec of State and the US Sec of State and then the Chinese Embassy.

Something I have found is that everyone is supportive. I have received offers of frequent flyer miles from two separate people to help out with the flights.

Again, Thank you for the encouraging words.

George :sunny:

Congratulations, George, and good wishes in the weeks and months ahead. And also to all the other families here who are doing likewsie, a lot I see. Great!!!! We are also an adoptive family, many years ago, 27 amd 24 years now. Again, my best.

Congratulations! We are also in the process of adopting our daughter from China. In fact, it sounds like we are in the same phase! We have met with our social worker once and need to have three more meetings. I really hope to be DTC by May.

Good luck in your journey!

We too are in the paperchasing process of adopting from China!! We are just waiting on our social worker (we are going through Bethany) to get in touch about the first meeting!!

We are sooo excited!

Giggles to you really think it possibly to have your DTC by May?? Wow I would be thrilled with something that soon. We still have to fill our our I-600 and then have our physicals (We have appts. for the first week of March). But bascically the "big" thing we are waiting on is the Homestudy!!

Good luck to you!!!!!!!!

Congratulations! We have an adopted ds--12--from Korea. Keep us informed on your progress.

We kept all of our paperwork in a file box and one of us was responsible for it, just as mentioned in another post. A checklist was provided and was very helpful. Relax, be yourselves, and everything will go fine with the homestudy!

Giggles and Beauty, We have filed the 1600a and have recieved our fingerprint appointments. OUr Homestudy is supposed to get started this week. I would hope for a May or June DTC. We have a 2-week vacation in early June that we want to be paper-complete by. Our USCIS seems to be really fast, and that is one of the big things people have told me take a long time.

We are half tempted to drive to Houston to do walk in Authentication.

We should all try and keep each other posted on their progress.

Wouldn't it be a small world to all get DTC the same time and referral the same time and actually have the same orphanage.

George :sunny:

I have no advice for you but congratulations on adopting a child. I'm so happy for you.

Katholyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter