We’re Back - Trip Reports

For now...

Like others have said, nothing that far along is scrapped for long. Many of us have artists drawings and blue prints from over a decade ago for that resort. I have no doubt it will get built eventually.

j
Yeah I guess that is true. I was really disappointed when they started building that. Too close to the Fort it takes away our solitude of being far with the other stuff still close you know what I'm saying. Being able to have that trail between the lodge and the campground was pretty cool. I remember one trip the bus stopping at the lodge first and I decided I didn't want to wait and I was up for an adventure so I walked in the dark at about 10:00. It was actually quite relaxing after a long day in the park

We stayed a total of 3 nights at the Fort for our maiden voyage in the new camper. It was a perfect stay to check out everything in the camper and figure out what else we needed to get to finish outfitting the camper with the most basic essentials.

We returned a mere 9 days later to do it again! Both of our adult sons wanted to join us for this trip. When our oldest son found out that we bought a camper and made reservations for the Fort he decided to fly home to join us! Memories of camping at the Fort run deep in our family! Unfortunately he wasn’t able to join us at the last minute because he was worried that Hurricane Ida might hit them (it didn’t) and he didn’t want to leave his wife alone. We adore his wife and fully supported his decision since we want to keep her in the family!

We pulled back into the Fort on Weds, Sept 1. It was not very full and beautifully quiet and peaceful until Thursday afternoon when folks started to arrive for the holiday weekend.

This time we had a premium site and we’re assigned to 845. As I said before, I haven’t met a site at the Fort I didn’t like. This one was good too with plenty of shade and much easier to back in the trailer. The only think I didn’t like about this site was the price! I don’t ‘prefer’ the preferred sites because they are more expensive.

We got the trailer parked and set up and headed over to Epcot. We rode Test Track because the line was so short. I was uncomfortable because all the social distancing is gone and they packed us into a room to wait to get into the design your car room. Yikes!

We tried the offerings at the new Lobster Landing. Would definitely recommend the dip. Very flavorful and creamy. The lobster tail was ok. I don’t think I would get it again.
24165E6C-32CA-47AA-96C7-253B1DBE7A83.jpeg

Then it was off to the Ireland booth. I love the Guinness Bailey’s shake and the warm pudding cake.

04E45A34-C2F0-4D4E-9AD0-21F42DAEFB4A.jpeg

I didn’t get a picture of the warm pudding cake. I ate it too fast! Side note, I have one of the Epcot Wine Festival cookbooks. It’s old and has a wire binding. The cookbook has the recipe in it. It’s delicious and pretty easy to make.

We walked around the World Showcase and headed back to the Fort for a quiet night.

As I mentioned in a previous post, our camp site this trip was 845. This spot was nice and shady with plenty of room for our truck and camper. 98EB0107-3687-4E7F-BBE9-7DD32A5C81FA.jpeg

As a ‘preferred‘ site it had the square picnic table. I used to think these were pretty cool but the table at our site was warped. It wasn‘t completely leven which made it harder to use my electric griddle for pancakes and eggs. Think I prefer the aluminum tables.

We finally made it over to the new stables. Wow are they gorgeous. Disney did an amazing job with the design. While we were visiting they brought a beautiful horse of its stall to prepare it for work.

65DB53EE-1A98-4C02-9F8C-86137049A1D9.jpeg

Shortly after we returned to our camper a carriage came around the loop. It appeared that the driver was being trained.

0B068E0C-C8B3-484A-A7FC-9A443810F7AD.jpeg

Such a nice sight to see when you are relaxing at your camper.

That’s all for this post. I have a few more pics to post later.

On the 3rd day of our trip we went to Animal Kingdom. I split off from my husband and son to ride Kali River Rapids while they rode Everest. I desperately wanted to get wet and cool off from the Florida sun. I wasn’t that lucky! The raft got stuck on the hill going up to the river. In the hot sun. With no shade. For about 40 mins until they were able to get us off the ride.
64A38D3F-BBAD-4F52-A9A5-FB1EB838972B.jpeg

When I finally got off the ride I headed toward the small fountains outside of the ride entrance where the kiddies can cool off. I may have jumped in front of a child to get wet! I didn’t say I did, but if I did I promise it was very quick and just enough to get wet. And the child had been there for awhile and was completely soaked. If I did it.

We rode the safari and headed back to the Fort.

A little history, our first camping experience at the Fort was in the late 80s when we were still very young and newly married. We camped at the Fort with my in-laws. My MIL loved camping! On this trip and the last trip, a female cardinal made an appearance at our campsite. I always like to think that it’s my MIL and that she’s joining us for our trip. I apologize for the poor quality of the photo.96F33531-7BEB-49AB-9D9C-05AB23A52FDC.jpeg

I did forget to include a picture of a beautiful charcuterie platter I made on our last trip.

97EC757E-6765-4BC5-B82C-9F736D5C0F30.jpeg

Ok, it’s really pathetic for a charcuterie platter but whatever. We were at the Fort!

The next day we had a relaxing day at the Fort. We ended up spending the evening with the campers next to us. Again, one of my favorite parts of camping is making new friends!

The only negative thing that I want to mention about the Fort is the absence of the bike path between the Fort and the Lodge. We really, really, really missed it. I’m not sure that they will ever bring it back but I sure hope they do. We always enjoyed riding our bikes over there to see the resort and enjoy a cocktail.

The next morning it was our time to leave. Although it was Sunday and we could have stayed one more night until Labor Day, I’m glad that we beat the rush out of the Fort. It was nice to get home, unpack and catch up on chores and still have Monday off before returning to the work daily grind.

Thank you for reading along and hope that you get to the Fort soon!

Thanks for the TR, mash. I appreciate the effort! Ed

Great TR Mash. I always enjoy those that include the wildlife in the pics.

On the 3rd day of our trip we went to Animal Kingdom. I split off from my husband and son to ride Kali River Rapids while they rode Everest. I desperately wanted to get wet and cool off from the Florida sun. I wasn’t that lucky! The raft got stuck on the hill going up to the river. In the hot sun. With no shade. For about 40 mins until they were able to get us off the ride.
View attachment 604069

When I finally got off the ride I headed toward the small fountains outside of the ride entrance where the kiddies can cool off. I may have jumped in front of a child to get wet! I didn’t say I did, but if I did I promise it was very quick and just enough to get wet. And the child had been there for awhile and was completely soaked. If I did it.

We rode the safari and headed back to the Fort.

A little history, our first camping experience at the Fort was in the late 80s when we were still very young and newly married. We camped at the Fort with my in-laws. My MIL loved camping! On this trip and the last trip, a female cardinal made an appearance at our campsite. I always like to think that it’s my MIL and that she’s joining us for our trip. I apologize for the poor quality of the photo.View attachment 604070

I did forget to include a picture of a beautiful charcuterie platter I made on our last trip.

View attachment 604071

Ok, it’s really pathetic for a charcuterie platter but whatever. We were at the Fort!

The next day we had a relaxing day at the Fort. We ended up spending the evening with the campers next to us. Again, one of my favorite parts of camping is making new friends!

The only negative thing that I want to mention about the Fort is the absence of the bike path between the Fort and the Lodge. We really, really, really missed it. I’m not sure that they will ever bring it back but I sure hope they do. We always enjoyed riding our bikes over there to see the resort and enjoy a cocktail.

The next morning it was our time to leave. Although it was Sunday and we could have stayed one more night until Labor Day, I’m glad that we beat the rush out of the Fort. It was nice to get home, unpack and catch up on chores and still have Monday off before returning to the work daily grind.

Thank you for reading along and hope that you get to the Fort soon!

looks pretty darn good to me

That's a nice looking campsite! Lets just say were are still learning how to back into spots and I just breathe a sigh of relief if a site isn't too difficult.

Go find a big parking lot with a couple of empty milk jugs painted orange, and practice, practice, practice backing up. Disney is not too bad, neighbors parking in the way and bad placement of permanent objects by Disney seem to be the biggest issue at the Fort.

truckpicdisboard.jpg

After all we had this setup backed in to a spot at the Fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter