We'’re out of it! … A summer 14 “MAGICal” Med adventure Day 14/Aug 05 updated 05/05

This looks like a lovely tour. Quite a site and yes the theater looks huge. Looks like a great lunch.

That looks like an awesome tour! I really enjoyed Greece when I was there although I was up north near Thessaloniki.

Jill in CO

What an amazing tour.
Wait! You don't eat watermelon????? Why? It's so good!...I grew up on a farm growing watermelons I might add!

Enjoyed all the additional tour pictures, Karin. The grilled chicken and beef look very good (I don't eat watermelon either...but then I only eat apples as a fruit ;) ).

Sorry I have not been around to answer some of your replies, but the end of the school year took its toll. As every year it was pretty hectic and did not leave much time for anything else than school work. But now I am FREE for the next 9 weeks - oh the bliss! :goodvibes

Ephesus looks amazing! I have seen many classical ruins (especially Southern France, but also Italy and Greece), but this appears to be a very complete town. It makes you realize how much of a civilization there was around over 2000 years ago.

It was just amazing to walk through Ephesus. And to have the knowledge of our guide was wonderful. And yes, it is a whole town that they have excavated and are now preserving.

If you compare some of these buildings with what was built in the medieval ages, it is scary how all that knowledge seemed to have been lost.

Couldn't agree with you more!

This looks like a lovely tour. Quite a site and yes the theater looks huge. Looks like a great lunch.

I had been very torn about joining a ship's tour and the private tour, then decided on the private one and was always wondering if I had made the right choice - and YES, I had! It was a great tour and Ephesus is just amazing. I can recommend a tour around there wholeheartedly.

That looks like an awesome tour! I really enjoyed Greece when I was there although I was up north near Thessaloniki.

Jill in CO

It was a great tour. We enjoyed our tour through Athens as well, but Ephesus/Turkey really even topped it.

What an amazing tour.
Wait! You don't eat watermelon????? Why? It's so good!...I grew up on a farm growing watermelons I might add!

It was a great day and a wonderful and informative tour. We were really happy we had booked it.

And NO, I no longer eat watermelon. :rotfl2:I remember liking it as a kid, but over ate on it during a holiday in Italy and have not touched it ever since. It makes me sick just thinking of eating it. :lmao:

Enjoyed all the additional tour pictures, Karin. The grilled chicken and beef look very good (I don't eat watermelon either...but then I only eat apples as a fruit ;) ).

I am glad you liked the update, Kathy. The pictures are just a small portion of the ones we took.
Lunch was really nice - we loved it all (apart from the watermelon, but that was just me. ;))

The tour of Ephesus looks so very interesting! I always thought being an archaeologist could be such a rewarding career, finding such wonderful discoveries! What a super tour this turned out to be!

What a nice tour. Again your pictures are breathtaking. The lunch looks lovely.

It turned out to be an awesome tour. And lunch was far better than imagined. :goodvibes

The tour of Ephesus looks so very interesting! I always thought being an archaeologist could be such a rewarding career, finding such wonderful discoveries! What a super tour this turned out to be!

It was a great tour. Funnily enough, this was the one tour I had not given much thought before we actually went on it, apart from being worried that they would just leave us somewhere. :rotfl:
Our guide was so knowledgeable, it was awesome listening to all his stories. Great tour indeed!

Day 11, August 2

Kusadasi, Ephesus and more“ - Part 7

Next stop was a carpet weaver school, where we learned how they got the silk threads from the catarpillars and how they processed them and made them into carpets. Needless to say the whole idea was to shop there, but we had no interest and cut our visit short.
There was just one more stop we had scheduled, the Temple of Artemis, near the town of Selcuk. Didn’t take long and we made it there and were thankful that the sight was not too large and there were only very few people there, so we could explore on our own at our own sweet time.

DSC_0405_zpsh3syhuda.jpg

DSC_0406_zpsxnlqzv1c.jpg

IMG_3574_zpsyjztxswk.jpg

DSC_0410_zpszrmsa18q.jpg

DSC_0411_zpsgiu02oa9.jpg

IMG_3575_zpsvdli0fqa.jpg

DSC_0413_zpsxryo7eyn.jpg

The tour was supposed to last until 5 pm and it was only shortly before 4pm when we got back into Kusadasi, so our guide offered to take us through the city for an hour, but we were both done and thanked him and the driver for their services and headed back to the ship.

DSC_0426_zpsqf1uqjjy.jpg

But not without picking up a few bottles of local drinks to take back to the ship.

DSC_0415_zpsxwias8fd.jpg

DSC_0418_zps0zirlflm.jpg

DSC_0423_zpsnrwlp97r.jpg

DSC_0430_zpscdhzouub.jpg

DSC_0428_zpssjksnohn.jpg

DSC_0431_zpsfytepyvl.jpg

And surprise, surprise we came back to our stateroom which had not been made up and our stateroom host nowhere to be seen. Well, there seems to be a first time for everything as it was already past 4pm now and our room should have been cleaned. But we were hot and sweaty, so we just took showers and tried some of the new beverages.

To be continued ..........

There was just one more stop we had scheduled, the Temple of Artemis, near the town of Selcuk. Didn’t take long and we made it there and were thankful that the sight was not too large and there were only very few people there, so we could explore on our own at our own sweet time.
When it comes to tours, this is a rarity...........but certainly a wonderful occurrence! :yay: Seems like a lot of tours I have been on, they seem to focus on giving you time at the places I don't have any real interest in, and rush you through the areas you would like to really take time and explore! :confused3

I'm guessing that maybe this area got water at a later time..........but it still looks like this was a little misplaced...........
:scratchin

And surprise, surprise we came back to our stateroom which had not been made up and our stateroom host nowhere to be seen. Well, there seems to be a first time for everything as it was already past 4pm now and our room should have been cleaned. But we were hot and sweaty, so we just took showers and tried some of the new beverages.
Why did I think it wouldn't take long for you two to try out those beverages you brought on board with you??? :rotfl2: At least you had a really good excuse.:rolleyes1

Sorry you room wasn't cleaned, I do enjoy seeing the pics of the boat!

I can't get over the lack of room cleaning! What the heck??? Did you ever find out what was going on? I would have been very angry. Aside from that, your tour in Turkey looked really spectacular- I am glad at least THAT worked out!

My hometown has RUINS of the Old Abbey, in fact ruins are found around town , even in the cellar of my childhood home . I still enjoy looking at old ruins though, I bet the town had ruins thoughout as well. To bad no room cleaning done

My hometown has RUINS of the Old Abbey, in fact ruins are found around town , even in the cellar of my childhood home . I still enjoy looking at old ruins though, I bet the town had ruins thoughout as well. To bad no room cleaning done
So I understand you to say that you left your childhood home in RUINS? :confused3 And all this time I never knew they had cellars in Cave Dwellings........... :scratchin

I'm guessing they easily located the ruins of the Old Abbey when you took the archaeologists to the place you remembered watching them being built??? :rolleyes1

So I understand you to say that you left your childhood home in RUINS? :confused3 And all this time I never knew they had cellars in Cave Dwellings........... :scratchin Oh it is on MISTAAA !!! :rolleyes2

I'm guessing they easily located the ruins of the Old Abbey when you took the archaeologists to the place you remembered watching them being built??? :rolleyes1
Yes and I told them you were the Builder:guilty:, back then they didn't call them Architects , :crazy2: they seemed to have heard of Marv the Mason :rolleyes: They had seen Cave Carvings of you!!!!:genie::stir:

I think by the time you got to the last stop, if it had been me, I would have been "ruined out". I don't blame you for wanting to go back to the ship before the tour was officially over. But what? :confused3 4PM and your room had not been cleaned? I would have been expecting the turn down service to be coming at that time, not still waiting for initial cleaning! Wow!

Looks like you had a lovely day. That just stinks about the room not being cleaned when you got back.

I would be so chicken to book a private tour. Like you said I would be afraid they would leave us somewhere. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter