We'’re out of it! … A summer 14 “MAGICal” Med adventure Day 14/Aug 05 updated 05/05

Balsamic in a cocktail :confused: how was it? That food and the soufflé YUMMMMM

To all of our surprise, that cocktail was pretty tasty and even I would order it. :goodvibes

Dinner looks amazing, as Palo usually does popcorn:: hopefully it helped with the not so good mood from earlier that afternoon.

It was such a treat and mood changer. We were two happy bunnies.

I'm sensing some trouble with these grandparents and child.

:thumbsup2

The food looks fabulous !! I would LOVE that Lobster dish !!! Mind you your chicken sounded pretty good too!!! I have started with my adrs for the first 2 days of my October trip!!

I really liked that chicken dish, unfortunately it is no longer on the menu. :sad1:

Mmmm, Palo. I'm drooling!

Jill in CO

We always love Palo - especially if Mickey picks up the cheque. :rotfl2:

Dinner at Palo looks great! It's funny how everyone has different "goto" dishes there!

It is always a great meal at Palo and some of those dishes bring back some really awesome memories. :thumbsup2

Karin, I'm looking at your ticker. We are missing you by 2 days but we will be at Universal 5-12th..hmmm

A lovely Palo dinner. A good meal can put a smile back on your face. I am sensing drama about to start at Pirate night.

Day 13, August 4

Another day at sea - Part 4

About 10 minutes before the main show was to start grandparents with their grandchild came over to ask if the kid could stand in front of me, so she could see what was going on on the stage.

DSC_0625_zpsolvi43q8.jpg

DSC_0626_zpsxuc0ldqf.jpg

No problem, lady, she is a kid, sure she can stand there.
Well, it turned out that this was not the only kid they had with them and instead of just having her standing there, grandpa sat her on top of the crate and stood right next to her, holding on to her, now completely blocking my view.
We looked at each other and moved a bit more to the side, which resulted in more of that families members moving in and pushing in front of us. Grandma was ordering drinks for all of them and they started to put them on the crate in front of us. By then we were all kind of huddled together as they pushed in more and more. Well, it ended as it had to end, grandpa sat another one of his cute little angels on the crate, this time we told him not to block our view even more, so they sat on the side, side by side.
Needless to say they were pushing and shoving and grandparents smiling until they pushed over one of the drinks which spilled all over me. You would guess grandma would say that she was sorry, but NO. The way she looked at us, now that WE had her drink, well it was spilled over the crate, my blouse and trousers, did not say “I am sorry”.
She actually was waiting for us to get moving and get something to mop up her mess!
And while all that “fun” happened, the show had started

DSC_0632_zpsmvdi64ov.jpg

DSC_0637_zpsfl0anokv.jpg

DSC_0643_zps9k8qq8jv.jpg

DSC_0644_zpsgl5xkvgp.jpg

DSC_0660_zpsfdnud7qu.jpg

and Mickey was about to “fly in” to start the fireworks.

DSC_0673_zpsejenfj2r.jpg

DSC_0682_zpsmzzzhg5y.jpg

DSC_0698_zpsadl09wi6.jpg

DSC_0729_zps8t19kmua.jpg

DSC_0737_zpse1fqnssi.jpg

DSC_0745_zpsvfncgk63.jpg

DSC_0751_zpszyszlkmm.jpg

DSC_0755_zpswovra27b.jpg

DSC_0762_zpsokj2qtth.jpg

DSC_0767_zpsfj8pfywa.jpg

Once the fireworks were over we quickly made a trip back to our stateroom to get changed before heading up to Cabanas for the Pirate Buffet. I needed something sweet to calm my nerves and so we got in line, picked up a tray and slowly crawled along the line.

DSC_0768_zpsvwk448zm.jpg

Tom found something he liked, and it was not a sweet, but a

IMG_3844_zpsnc1j0i8i.jpg

turkey leg. I picked up

IMG_3846_zpsu16hrfdy.jpg

three desserts, and booty in hand we headed down to our stateroom, grabbed some drinks out of the fridge and sat down to nibble on our goodies. Needless to say that having eaten such a nice meal at Palo’s we did not finish our buffet food, so we put the leftovers of the turkey leg in the fridge and just covered the sweets and then got ready to call it a day.

To be continued ..........

Karin, I'm looking at your ticker. We are missing you by 2 days but we will be at Universal 5-12th..hmmm

Where will you be before you go to UO? We'll arrive late on the 3rd, staying at BLT. But if you don't mind we might be able to work something out during your UO time.

A lovely Palo dinner. A good meal can put a smile back on your face. I am sensing drama about to start at Pirate night.

Palo is always a special treat and drama was to follow. :rotfl2:

Where will you be before you go to UO? We'll arrive late on the 3rd, staying at BLT. But if you don't mind we might be able to work something out during your UO time.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO We will be at BWI from 7/28-8/5 :)

As for those inconsiderate grandparents. I am SO sorry. That saying "no good deed goes unpunished" I would feel horrible if I spilled a drink on anyone, not to mention I've never asked anyone for my children to go in front of them..we just figure it out. Cute show, and yummy desserts (DROOLING)

I hate rude people. You think you're being nice and then they just turn it around and make you regret being considerate.

At least you got some treats to help soothe the night.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO We will be at BWI from 7/28-8/5 :)

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:Now that sounds like we finally might get to meet!!!!!!! :jumping1:

As for those inconsiderate grandparents. I am SO sorry. That saying "no good deed goes unpunished" I would feel horrible if I spilled a drink on anyone, not to mention I've never asked anyone for my children to go in front of them..we just figure it out. Cute show, and yummy desserts (DROOLING)

To be honest, I don't mind the kiddo in front of me - I have often asked parents if they want to put their little one to the front, but that was just too much. And the spilled drink was just :faint: . Thank god I got something sweet to calm my nerves. :rotfl2:

I hate rude people. You think you're being nice and then they just turn it around and make you regret being considerate.

It all just added up on that cruise. There had been so many things that did not work out and every day it was something else. Now that family was just one more thing.

At least you got some treats to help soothe the night

Nothing a little sugar rush will not cure. ;)

Some nice choices at Palo! Hard to go wrong with shrimp and lobster in your selections! :thumbsup2 And of course those dessert options look scrumptious as always!:goodvibes

Well, it turned out that this was not the only kid they had with them and instead of just having her standing there, grandpa sat her on top of the crate and stood right next to her, holding on to her, now completely blocking my view.
Some people think it is okay to take advantage of someone's attempt to be courteous. Yes, a small kid can have a spot to see better when it doesn't impede on your view, and it typically doesn't. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be nice though........sadly. :faint: You would think when you make a concession for them, they would be very aware not to let it cause you a problem. :(

Needless to say they were pushing and shoving and grandparents smiling until they pushed over one of the drinks which spilled all over me. You would guess grandma would say that she was sorry, but NO. The way she looked at us, now that WE had her drink, well it was spilled over the crate, my blouse and trousers, did not say “I am sorry”.
She actually was waiting for us to get moving and get something to mop up her mess!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Once the fireworks were over we quickly made a trip back to our stateroom to get changed before heading up to Cabanas for the Pirate Buffet. I needed something sweet to calm my nerves and so we got in line, picked up a tray and slowly crawled along the line.
Well of course...........something delicious and sweet can help make most things better!!! ::yes::

Tom found something he liked, and it was not a sweet, but a

IMG_3844_zpsnc1j0i8i.jpg
That's a nice looking turkey leg! Did the knife come with it??? :confused:

I picked up

IMG_3846_zpsu16hrfdy.jpg

three desserts, and booty in hand we headed down to our stateroom, grabbed some drinks out of the fridge and sat down to nibble on our goodies.
Nice job carrying three desserts and holding your booty at the same time........ :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: :blush:

Some nice choices at Palo! Hard to go wrong with shrimp and lobster in your selections! :thumbsup2 And of course those dessert options look scrumptious as always!:goodvibes

Palo is always a nice treat. And we really needed it on that cruise. ;)

Some people think it is okay to take advantage of someone's attempt to be courteous. Yes, a small kid can have a spot to see better when it doesn't impede on your view, and it typically doesn't. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be nice though........sadly. :faint: You would think when you make a concession for them, they would be very aware not to let it cause you a problem. :(

It was just another thing! I have never ever minded a kid standing in front of me, but then the whole HUGE family pushing was just so inconsiderate. And then the spilled drink as an added extra. Well, it won't keep me from letting a kid going in front of me, but we will no longer move if the accompanying adults keep pushing in as well.

Well of course...........something delicious and sweet can help make most things better!!! ::yes::

Nothing better to sooth my nerves than a nice sweet treat. :goodvibes

That's a nice looking turkey leg! Did the knife come with it??? :confused:

Nope, it sure did not! :rotfl2:

I totally agree with those folks being rude !! I have to confess though when I torpedoed down the bleechers at Fantasmic I did spill a lady's drink but I was most definitely apologetic !!! Okay Marv you have more to pick on me!!

Wow, how rude! And then not apologize for spilling the drink. Glad the desserts at the Pirate buffet made up for it!

Jill in CO

I totally agree with those folks being rude !! I have to confess though when I torpedoed down the bleechers at Fantasmic I did spill a lady's drink but I was most definitely apologetic !!! Okay Marv you have more to pick on me!!

If they had not intruded so much on where we had been standing for such a long time this would not have bothered me too much. And spills happen, but at least grandma could have said "something".

Wow, how rude! And then not apologize for spilling the drink. Glad the desserts at the Pirate buffet made up for it!

Jill in CO

Yes, that family was something very "special".

But it gave me at least another reason to pick up something sweet from the buffet.

Love the food pics of Palo and you have great pics of the Pirate Party! Sorry about the rude people.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how rude those people were!!! :mad: and to not say anything??? I'm truly flabbergasted at this behavior.

I'm glad you were still able to stay and enjoy the fireworks though.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :hug:

party:

Love the food pics of Palo and you have great pics of the Pirate Party! Sorry about the rude people.

The photos turned out pretty nice. Thank god Tom was in charge of the camera, I might have used it as a weapon. :rotfl2:

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how rude those people were!!! :mad: and to not say anything??? I'm truly flabbergasted at this behavior.

I'm glad you were still able to stay and enjoy the fireworks though.

They were something "special". Thank god, one doesn't run into people like these very often. But at least Mickey was not far off and saved the day.

That is my kind of luck too. I allow what I think it one child and a whole family moves in and then not only do they come in but are wild and or rude. I don't get how people do this. If I ask to let Claire in, which I don't do too often, I let her go and I stand where I can see her but allow the original people to still watch.

Palo is always a special treat and drama was to follow. :rotfl2:

Oh My - That is soooo RUDE!!!! I get the kids wanting to see and to be courteous but wow the whole family pushing in and then the spilled drink. :furious:

Glad it just took a little sweet to calm down. :cake:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter